Ret Yellow Gem slot

I'm just wondering if I should be using the straight Haste gem or the hybrid Str/Haste gem in yellow slots? I'm not sure which outperforms the other.

Forgot to mention that this is strictly PvE.
Edited by Ennara on 8/13/2013 10:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Haste is our best stat, so we gem it as much as we can

Red=str/haste
Yellow=haste
Blue=Haste/hit or stam if you no longer need hit but need to match blue socket
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Haste - Yellow gem
Strength Haste - Red gem
Haste Hit - Green gem

:P
Reply Quote
Thanks for the quick replies! I'll keep this in mind next time I'm gemming.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Yellow - haste
red - str/haste if it's an awful bonus just gem haste
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
If you are ridiculously over hitcap, such as with the Feather trinket and/or Zerat, swap out your haste/hit gems in blue slots with haste/stam. It's weird gemming stam but.. it's better than more hit lol.
Only if the socket bonus is worth more than the 160 haste you could get by just using a yellow gem. Pretty much, if you can't make use of the hit, then there's no point in matching a blue socket unless it's on a helm or an item with 3 sockets (and is a decent socket bonus).
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Only if the socket bonus is worth more than the 160 haste you could get by just using a yellow gem. Pretty much, if you can't make use of the hit, then there's no point in matching a blue socket unless it's on a helm or an item with 3 sockets (and is a decent socket bonus).

Or even with two sockets, unless they're both blue...120 strength > 160 haste.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm just wondering if I should be using the straight Haste gem or the hybrid Str/Haste gem in yellow slots? I'm not sure which outperforms the other.

Forgot to mention that this is strictly PvE.

It depends on your gear. On lower level gear rets are more benefited from strength (that's usually @ a mix of blues and epics) than haste.

No matter what you are told in these forums you should download simcraft and see for yourself. If 1 haste worth's more than half of 1 strength you should be gemming pure haste (in yellow sockets).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]