Healer Leveling

24 Blood Elf Paladin
Here is my view on Healer lvling (not raiding, not pvp ...) which is mostly terrible. And it isnt getting any better ...

The idea of lvling a healer is get a second spec that may share gear with healing and try to learn both. Druids and Shamans can do that. Priests could but you may also want Holy/Disc :)

Shaman can do that really ok going elemental. Like druids prepare for 5 min fights each mob if you aggro in a healing spec ...

But with the newest boomkin nerf it will take even more damage so in the 85-90 bracket i believe it will be even worse to lvl than it already is. So Resto is one of the worse lvling spec in the game and add to that that boomkins arent that good and druid will have a tough time.

Priests arent bad with Disc and Holy is passable. SPriests afaik (and that is not that far) might be ok even with their nerf.

Paladins .... Those are in trouble ... Holy is not only terrible to lvl but will be worse. No mana back seal, judgements more expensive and full holy powers all time with no spells to dump it. I believe that Holy paladins will really need an attack spell to dump holy powers and ease out mana consumption.

Monks will need to bring another set (like druids ...). At this point i think that Monks really should be agility based and use energy even for healing. Mistweavers seems ... strange.
Reply Quote
92 Pandaren Monk
Holy pallies are so easy to level, denounce spam with the holy shock glyph and glyph of harsh words to dump your holy power into damage.

MW are retarded easy to level you've obviously never tried it.

Disc/Holy is easy and can put out a lot of damage from what i've played.

Druid and shaman I have always gone boomkin and elemental.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
I enjoy leveling healers. For druids, I always go Feral/Resto. Feral is a lot of fun, and gear is so easy to get having two sets isn't a problem. For my shammies, I always go Ele/resto. Enhancement is very clunky until you get past lvl 60 or so. Priests, I level shadow/holy. I don't worry about carrying two healing specs until max level. I have leveled a priest shadow/disc, and at lower levels can do questing just fine in disc spec. My pally leveled as Ret/Holy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
the think you have to think about is what is a healer... it some one that heals other players yes they have damage spells but over all there not really made to damage...if they were they would make another spec of each class for holy/resto/etc damage
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
there not really made to damage...

Disc priest and mistweaver monks actually are made to do damage as well. And all the other healers have DPS spells available.

It really isn't that hard to keep 2 sets though. Especially if you have full heirloom sets for both, the other gear slots don't even matter that much until level 85, when you can buy complete sets for all specs at low costs.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Druids and Shamans can do that

If they want to play feral or enhance they need a seperate set. Healer leveling in general is poor outside of MW and Disc. You can do it as the other classes but it is painful and not worth it imo. But then again, you are not supposed to heal an enemy to death, you need to damage them. Hence having a dps spec.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
08/13/2013 11:10 AMPosted by Harpoa
Druids and Shamans can do that

If they want to play feral or enhance they need a seperate set. Healer leveling in general is poor outside of MW and Disc. You can do it as the other classes but it is painful and not worth it imo. But then again, you are not supposed to heal an enemy to death, you need to damage them. Hence having a dps spec.

I wanna heal things to death. Also: What is on your face? o_O
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
^ I can heal things to death! Pop nature's vigil and heal away.

If a druid wants to level as resto/feral (which I did on 2 alt druids), it's doable. The int converts into agility :D

For my holy pally she was leveled as holy, I tried ret once decided I didn't like it and stuck with holy instead :)

All of my healers have been leveled as healers. For some things I had to switch specs, but still had no issue in the gear they were already wearing. If someone really has that much trouble leveling a healer, getting gear for an off spec is easy enough.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
I wanna heal things to death. Also: What is on your face? o_O

Half jokingly I suggested a 4th priest spec on general discussion where one of the mechanics was a light spark companion. You could place a debuff on an enemy and it would cause your spark to fire a holy laser at the debuff target damaging it for a percentage of healing done. It's an inverse atonement / fistweaving mechanic.

I think the only healer I didn't level as a healer was my 2nd paladin in Cata. I leveled as prot to just chain dungeons. My first paladin mostly just quested as ret in TBC but he only healed occasionally occasionally in TBC and never from Wrath and onwards.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]