Food Fight Om Nom Nom (Healer OT)

90 Draenei Shaman
08/14/2013 09:34 AMPosted by Illucia
You obviously have no come across me with any seriousness.

I challenge you to Super Smash Bros.

uhoh

<ducks and runs>
90 Troll Priest
That's an arguable statement. Until the world stops being controlled by a small sect of men who value greed over life and until we find a way to stamp out inequality in all aspects, nothing can change.

Unfortunately, greed seems to be part of the human condition and until we figure out how to nix that, people are going to believe that.

If we continue to allow our minds to be dominated by a placated lack of dissent, as you had basically demonstrated with what I quoted, we cannot grow.

Things are awful. Things are unjust. People are greedy and innocent people are being slaughtered every day. People are dying from lack of water, food, shelter. We're destroying our own planet.

But if we as individuals don't take personal responsibility, we will never change. It's not "the man", it's not "my neighbor", it's not "my culture". It's me. I am part of the problem, and I am the solution.

We can stand up, collectively, and change our world. We first have to grow as individuals and take the responsibility unto our own shoulders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1Co1mfz23U
Relevent
"La Rage"
I know I've posted it before.
Edited by Naér on 8/14/2013 9:46 AM PDT
90 Draenei Shaman
<3 Naer
90 Pandaren Priest
Girls do not exist in the following locations:

the internet

video game fandoms

This is completely false. I'm a girl.
90 Blood Elf Monk
There's only so much that an individual can do. I can donate money to people in need, I can volunteer and help those in need, I can spread an idea around as far as possible.

I'll do it, sure. But I also do know that it really will take more than just me as an individual to curb greed and injustice. It will take more than just an organization to stop it on the global stage. We can barely even stop it on the local stage. Organizations have been trying since before any of us were born.

Until we have a better solution, all we can do is help other individuals, not stop it at the source. I know it's nice to say that we should all hold hands and make it better, but it's not that simple. At all.
Edited by Mist on 8/14/2013 9:50 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
man i got so fired up over picard being dissed i didnt even read all the serious stuff that came after. :P

[quote]...if we as individuals don't take personal responsibility, we will never change. It's not "the man", it's not "my neighbor", it's not "my culture". It's me. I am part of the problem, and I am the solution.

yes
90 Human Priest
08/14/2013 09:29 AMPosted by Gamex
their total lack of competitive spirit in games

what

Dances With Wolves In Space.

more like Fern Gully in space.

08/14/2013 09:39 AMPosted by Mist
greed seems to be part of the human condition

greed is part of the condition of a pretty high amount of humans, at least.
Edited by Tsilyi on 8/14/2013 9:54 AM PDT
90 Troll Priest
08/14/2013 09:49 AMPosted by Mist
There's only so much that an individual can do.

A single individual is the biggest asset humanity has.

A single individual can inspire, change minds, and show others that they too can change the world. One single piece is not powerful, but united, it's the most powerful weapon on Earth.

If everyone had your attitude, we'd sink into darkness. Thankfully, people don't all feel that way. Global only happens when large groups of people (that started as just "one person") unite and topple the greed and corruption.

There is most certainly a ME in TEAM. Together when we take responsibility, we will inspire those around us, and we will come together. The internet is a huge and powerful tool that unites large groups of people, namely in the west.

Every biggest idea ever to grace this earth came from a single individual.

To dismiss it as touchy feeling hand holding nonesense is to be a coward.

You want to change the world, go out there. Write to people, connect with people. Volunteer and connect to the greater world.

People change the world every damn day. The people that do that don't dismiss it because they know it takes beating your bare fist against the concrete day in and out until it's bleeding. They know that the world changes because people see that effort and get behind it.
Edited by Naér on 8/14/2013 9:56 AM PDT
90 Human Priest
08/14/2013 09:49 AMPosted by Mist
There's only so much that an individual can do.

We are all individuals. And if we keep adding one and one and one and one and one...

All we can do is try.
90 Pandaren Shaman
what

Somehow I missed that. Only appropriate response: LOL.
90 Draenei Shaman
08/14/2013 09:49 AMPosted by Bowserjr
Girls do not exist in the following locations:

the internet

video game fandoms

This is completely false. I'm a girl.

So is Naer. She was joking around ;D

man i got so fired up over picard being dissed i didnt even read all the serious stuff that came after. :P

yeah; I kept having to stop myself from typing, lol
Edited by Ellarix on 8/14/2013 9:58 AM PDT
90 Human Priest
Healer OT gettin' srs.
90 Troll Priest
http://www.purwater.com/water/why-pur-water/why-pur/part-of-the-solution/

This surely started with just one or two scientists who proposed their idea to a boss, who then went on to pitch it up the company. Now people all over have access to clean water.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonas_Salk

The Polio Vaccine.

"Causing people to suffer because you hate them... is terrible. But causing people to suffer because you have forgotten how to care... that's really hard to understand. "

08/14/2013 09:57 AMPosted by Ellarix

His char was alright but the writers failed him. I believe what I said-- he just wasn't likable to me just from how stoic he was. It was intended but it was ... unappealing to me. I'm okay with people thinking he's the best though.
Edited by Naér on 8/14/2013 10:01 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Monk
It's really not dismissing it. It's acknowledging that global corruption is a far deeper problem than even we fully grasp. It's not something that can be solved as easily as you're making it out to be. I'll not once advocate doing nothing. I don't think that anyone should stop trying.

However, I'm also not naive to believe that we're even close to understanding how we fix it. Anyone should be able to take a look at the world and realize that it's going to take something akin to a miracle to actually do something about the excessive greed of those who hold all of the power on a global scale.

Until we find a way to prove to people like this that human life is worth more than things like money and power, we're basically stuck in the same spot.
90 Pandaren Priest
08/14/2013 09:54 AMPosted by Naér
A single individual can inspire, change minds, and show others that they too can change the world. One single piece is not powerful, but united, it's the most powerful weapon on Earth.

A single individual....like me?
90 Troll Priest
Until we find a way to prove to people like this that human life is worth more than things like money and power, we're basically stuck in the same spot.

And who exactly is going to fix this other than individuals?

Get over the idea that we're incapable of saving ourselves. This is not some Greek Tragedy.
People need hope, and people need to get inspired to get out there and change the world. Saying that the power and the greed is not understood isn't helpful. We've known our fatal human flaws for decades and written extensively on them.

We need human power now more than ever.

A single individual....like me?

Yes. I believe that ANYONE can change the world in some meaningful way if that is the path they chose. It won't be easy, and it may not be fun. But simply by inspiring others, you could greatly impact the world you live in. You can, as one person, contribute as much or as little as you want.
Edited by Naér on 8/14/2013 10:07 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Monk
Don't put words into my mouth. I've never said that we're incapable of saving ourselves. I've NEVER said that we shouldn't try.

I'm simply stating an obvious fact. We haven't figured it out yet, and it's going to be a while before we do. It's not as simple as giving everyone access to clean water, or developing a vaccine. It's changing the very way that humans behave.

We should absolutely be trying to fix the problem, but it's a problem with no tangible solution at the moment.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Well, I think it is possible to acknowledge the enormity of the problems facing humanity right now without advocating that everyone admit defeat and buy a Hummer. I have a foot in both camps on this one.
90 Troll Priest
08/14/2013 10:06 AMPosted by Mist
It's changing the very way that humans behave.

And that will happen, or we will perish.

It's that simple. I figure our self preservation is greater than our greed. Only time will tell. Mist, I did not intend to put words in your mouth. You tone read to me as very defeatist which isn't surprsing since the problem is so immense and complicated. There isn't an answer, or it would have already been addressed.

It's not productive to lean too strongly either way, my friend. No, it's not as simple as one piece of the puzzle. But every large task can be broken into many little ones.

We should work forward, even if the future is uncertain. It's be a tragedy not to.
Edited by Naér on 8/14/2013 10:10 AM PDT
90 Goblin Shaman
I am slowly but surely gearing up. God, this process is so hard for me.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]