Battlefield: Barrens Ending Soon

(Locked)

100 Draenei Shaman
Every item other than the pet, the Brawler's Guild item, and the 24-slot bag, and the ability to earn the title are being removed. We know a lot of you would like to have the cosmetic goodies readily available to pick up with other characters or to share with your alts, but this event was designed to be part of the story for the game at this point in time. For those who earned their title, you now carry a badge of honor for having helped the war effort against Garrosh.

Please please please make the title account wide.
85 Troll Shaman
Would there be a chance the armor pieces come back in the BMAH?
90 Human Mage
I don't quite understand Crithto's statement about the event title. He states "Every item other than the pet, the Brawler's Guild item, and the 24-slot bag, and the ability to earn the title are being removed," but then goes on to say "For those who earned their title, you now carry a badge of honor for having helped the war effort against Garrosh." I interpret a 'badge of honor' to mean that it will be an exclusive title, but the previous statement contradicts that. Could this be clarified, please?
100 Draenei Paladin
What about the quest for the 502 boots? Have I missed something about this? Just wondering if it will be available.
100 Draenei Shaman
What about the quest for the 502 boots? Have I missed something about this? Just wondering if it will be available.

The blues answered it a few post back.

Hi there. The quest, 'Path of the Last Emperor' will not be going away when patch 5.4 goes live.
Hooray!! It looks like at least the title will either be account wide or able to be earned after 5.4, which was my BIGGEST concern!! Thanks Crithto!

Now that I know the other stuff is going away...time to get grinding on the vanity stuff I want.
90 Blood Elf Mage
I really enjoyed the battlefield barrens weekly. Equipping alts with those pieces that would never drop was a relief. Also it was fun to just grind mobs with a potion of treasure finding. A few more usable items from the vendor would have been nice, but overall very fun and was a nice change from dailies. Looking forward to timeless isle.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Please know that I completely understand how you guys are feeling about this and have several alts I've been working on, too. But let's not forget that the Radical Mojo clearly displays "Binds when picked up". Simply switching it to BoA would be nice for those who have more than one unused, but it would be unfair to everyone else who did not stockpile a BoP item.

Ugh, that is disappointing news.
100 Draenei Paladin

The blues answered it a few post back.

Hi there. The quest, 'Path of the Last Emperor' will not be going away when patch 5.4 goes live.

Thank you,I must have missed it!!
100 Dwarf Hunter
08/29/2013 04:17 PMPosted by Crithto
Every item other than the pet, the Brawler's Guild item, and the 24-slot bag, and the ability to earn the title are being removed.

Can you give us an indication of just how this title is going to be earned in 5.4+? Or at least a vague hint (i.e., killing things, doing quests, etc.)?

I'm a little confused as to what exactly is being removed beyond this, as I don't have the bandwidth to download the PTR client every cycle... Are the Lorewalker Cho scenario quests/story time being removed? We've been told the Path of the Last Emperor isn't being removed. What about the storyline quests in Durotar for Alliance/Horde? Those seem like something that would make the most sense to leave (largely) untouched, so new players or people who missed it don't miss out on the story and, arguably just as importantly, the nice voice-acted lines that are used extensively (especially in the Horde version).

It seems a shame to have the VAs put in time and effort, just for it to only be available for a couple months. So while I can see the point of removing Vol'jin and his lot hanging out at the tower near Razor Hill, it seems a waste to remove all the lead-up to that point.
100 Troll Shaman
Lastly, while Ravika has other important duties to attend to once 5.4 goes live, we know that Griftah's Authentic Troll Shoes hold a soft spot in many hearts, so we’re currently exploring options to reintroduce them at a later date.
Hopefully not at a really later date. :(
Blizzard Employee
08/29/2013 06:51 PMPosted by Naphtali
Could this be clarified, please?

Thank you for catching this, and my apologies for any confusion. I've edited the post, but yes, the ability to earn the title is being removed once Patch 5.4 goes live.
20 Worgen Rogue
Lastly, while Ravika has other important duties to attend to once 5.4 goes live, we know that Griftah's Authentic Troll Shoes hold a soft spot in many hearts, so we’re currently exploring options to reintroduce them at a later date.

Thank you. <3
100 Tauren Paladin
Good riddance Battlefield Barrens.
100 Pandaren Warrior
any chance to get the radical mojo as a rare drop? or maybe the dk boots (unique match for the set)
100 Night Elf Warrior
Blues mentioned "Path of the Last Emperor" questline will be maintained, my question is: how? I haven't been able to pickup that quest until I turned in the resources to Vol'jin.
90 Troll Priest
Good riddance.
Thank you for making it easy to get the pet and the title..
I got mine after a week and was done.

The gear was terrible. It really should have been at least LFR 502 to make more people do it.
Even on an alt it wasnt worth it.. LFR and going back to do easier raids with coins is a much better way to gear up ( and im on a terrible dead server that never pugs)

Timeless isle will fix the cry for welfare gear
100 Troll Shaman
08/29/2013 09:32 PMPosted by Crithto
Could this be clarified, please?

Thank you for catching this, and my apologies for any confusion. I've edited the post, but yes, the ability to earn the title is being removed once Patch 5.4 goes live.

Could you please explain why the title is not account-wide?
90 Troll Warlock

How about you... have Griftah selling them??

O, O

How about you... have Griftah selling them??

O, O

Makes too much sense.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]