Battlefield: Barrens Ending Soon

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
But where did this 'it won't be account wide' pop up?

http://www.wowhead.com/title=349/darkspear-revolutionary#comments

It's not account wide. Simple as that
Edited by Krenaa on 8/30/2013 10:49 AM PDT
90 Undead Monk
terrible decision

just put a vendor out let it sell all the vanity items for gold;

blizzard love to piss playerbase off,
90 Undead Priest
The event going away is reasonable progression for the story. However, the title not being account wide seems like an unnecessary irritant. Vanity rewards that reflect the achievements of the player should follow the player, not simply be restricted to a character that may very well be set aside one day.

It seemed like Blizzard was understanding this, which makes things like the title not being account wide here seem a tad bit regressive in a negative way.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
But let's not forget that the Radical Mojo clearly displays "Binds when picked up". Simply switching it to BoA would be nice for those who have more than one unused, but it would be unfair to everyone else who did not stockpile a BoP item.

That wasn't a concern that stopped you with Nether Vortex or Frozen Orbs. Arbitrary excuse is arbitrary.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Lastly, while Ravika has other important duties to attend to once 5.4 goes live, we know that Griftah's Authentic Troll Shoes hold a soft spot in many hearts, so we’re currently exploring options to reintroduce them at a later date.
How about, oh I dunno, maybe a cosmetic vendor in Org/SW? Or, ya know, just don't remove the content?

It's going to take over a year for Blizzard to "explore options to reintroduce them". So why not just not remove the Barrens Battlefield content?

The bad decisions are becoming more common.
90 Undead Death Knight
08/30/2013 01:20 AMPosted by Mityaphrdite
I wonder who exactly thinks that removing a portion of gameplay that helps us get gear for our alts during the most unfriendly alt expac to date is good fun.

Alts can go to the timeless isle... have you not been reading?
2 weeks left, with three pieces of equipment that dropped, and only two of them are gonna get a mojo in that time. No biggie, I could always try Timeless Isle when it comes out.

As for the knick-knacks and toys, any chance of removing their limitations when this is over? Like the Rainstick (http://www.wowhead.com/item=98563/rainstick#comments) - any chance for it to be used anywhere and not just in North Barrens, when this is over?
90 Night Elf Hunter
It sucks that I won't be able to get the Hordebreaker title on all of my alts but imo, that just makes it more prestigious that it's on my main, (and one alt). Also bummed that I didn't catch this waaaay earlier on when it actually opened but that's my fault for not keeping up with patch notes and whatnot. Wife is bummed that she won't get a full set for her priest.
All that said, I'm glad we're getting a good shakeup to the storyline with events like this that actually pass and won't come back. It makes me feel as though the game is progressing and not stuck in time year after year.

Anyhoo, BRING ON THE TIMELESS ISLE!!
85 Goblin Priest
My question is, will the gear from Barrens, the look of it anyway, be available from timeless isle?
I REALLY like how it looks on my pali, but I won't be able to get boots or gloves for it in time.
90 Draenei Paladin
08/29/2013 04:17 PMPosted by Crithto
Ok...so Gahzrookie, the gloves, and the bag will be around...but what about the troll shoes, Xan'tish's flute, and the other vanity items?

Also, titles account-wide pretty please?

Every item other than the pet, the Brawler's Guild item, and the 24-slot bag are being removed

so glad I spent 2 hours last week farming the head-shrinka only for it to be removed. Cool.
90 Human Warlock
Ciecle: A simple " RNG is not a factor on Timeless Isle, and you should try it on PTR" would have sufficed.

Thank you.
Edited by Mirisanelle on 8/30/2013 3:45 PM PDT
Community Manager
08/30/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Torvald
Vanity rewards that reflect the achievements of the player should follow the player, not simply be restricted to a character that may very well be set aside one day.

Agree to disagree? I have my Tabard of the Protector on a single character, and I'll always cherish that item, and remember that I was there for the Burning Crusade launch with that specific character. She was there, she stepped through the portal at midnight, and that's not some generic reward all my characters have. I can see the appeal of having that available to all my characters, but personally I quite like that the character itself has a history, and has individual accomplishments, rather than everything I do being given to every new character I make.

I totally get that not everyone is going to care about building a legacy of experience with each character, and they just want everything to be account-wide, but obviously there are others that appreciate that being at a point in the history of the game with a specific character leaves some kind of lasting mark on that character.

so glad I spent 2 hours last week farming the head-shrinka only for it to be removed. Cool.

It's not going to be removed from your character, he means removed from being obtainable to anyone that doesn't already have it.
90 Draenei Paladin

It's not going to be removed from your character, he means removed from being obtainable to anyone that doesn't already have it.

Thank you very much for addressing my comment and making me feel 100x better!
90 Blood Elf Priest
I stopped doing these after I got my pet. So what exactly are those Troll shoes Bash has?

Never mind that I have the "empty" items on my mage waiting for the Mojo thing - she's too weak and lazy to solo kill 32496039476 mobs for rocks and meat (she can't kill the elite alone). Nobody was playing a few weeks ago late-late nights so she gave up.

One week+ left - is it worth finishing up the grind? Are there more people out there? Or just wait for the new Isle like the puppy says?
90 Orc Shaman
For those who earned their title, you now carry a badge of honor for having helped the war effort against Garrosh.

I also thought the Cinder Kitten was special badge of honor for those that donated for a charitable cause, but now its being sold at a discount to everyone who wants one. I guess I shouldn't be fooled by the accounting department's way of making a tax deduction.

Rubbish...

I totally get that not everyone is going to care about building a legacy of experience with each character, and they just want everything to be account-wide, but obviously there are others that appreciate that being at a point in the history of the game with a specific character leaves some kind of lasting mark on that character.

What makes your opinion better than others? So many have asked that other major rewards/titles be made unobtainable after it becomes easily obtainable, but you allowed it.

The event should carry out through this patch for the reason that the Darkspear revolution continues until Garrosh is defeated.
Edited by Ravensomen on 8/30/2013 5:50 PM PDT
90 Orc Hunter
I'd rather the items become exceptionally low drop chances off the Kor'kron in the Barrens, rather than removing content entirely.

The notion that a title like Darkspear Revolutionary shouldn't be account wide though is a little silly. I was pretty sure that non-account wide titles were reserved for ones that were highly dependent on the individual character, like Brawler or a PvP title. I don't see how the Battlefield Barrens content qualifies in that regard frankly, since it was designed to be accessible and a means for gearing alts.

Ditto for other items of that sort. I have the Competitor's Tabard from the old Olympics promotion, and I'll never be able to use it on any other character because reasons, and it took me a whole of no effort to earn. :\
90 Tauren Druid
08/30/2013 04:28 PMPosted by Bashiok

No, I think he means that the Full-Body Shrinka has a penchant for shrinking itself to nothingness and disappearing from the bags. I've bought one, only for it to suddenly dissappear and for GMs to be unable to retrieve it back.
90 Gnome Warlock
I have my Tabard of the Protector on a single character, and I'll always cherish that item, and remember that I was there for the Burning Crusade launch with that specific character.

The majority of items aren't account wide; but the majority of titles are because it makes sense for a player to be able to say "I did this" on future characters that couldn't/didn't exist at the time that the event occured. That aside, this and other, similar titles/mounts that are character locked because "lolPvP" ultimately defeats the point of taking certain elements of the game that are meant to be a celebration of the player's accomplishments so that they don't feel handcuffed to characters that they no longer enjoy playing because it was the only way to have access to them.

but personally I quite like that the character itself has a history, and has individual accomplishments, rather than everything I do being given to every new character I make.

Okay, so lets remove mounts, achievements, and pets from being account wide. All of those are tied to the history of the character as well.

That marker is the items they collected. The title should be the player's way of showing they were there, even if the character itself wasn't high enough/rerolled/etc.
Edited by Bomdanil on 8/30/2013 5:54 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
08/30/2013 04:28 PMPosted by Bashiok
Vanity rewards that reflect the achievements of the player should follow the player, not simply be restricted to a character that may very well be set aside one day.

If that was truly the case you would turn all the Achievements into Feats of Strength at the end of every expac. I'm sure there's some reason you made it this way, but it's not so I can cherish my relationship with whichever characters I've managed to get to level 90.

The PvP titles not going account-wide was pretty obviously an attempt to make people do Rated BGs so they could re-earn the rewards they had already put in the time for. Maybe some bean counter thinks the title and vanity items will be great for the new cash shop.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]