Battlefield: Barrens Ending Soon

(Locked)

99 Draenei Shaman
This is really just silly. I don't like when you guys remove content.

I'm hoping you'll at least make the title account-wide, or somehow obtainable otherwise on other characters. I got it on this toon, my only max level right now, and it really doesn't fit her. There are others I would like to use it on, but they are nowhere near 90, and on another server without BoA's.

I know it's one title in a sea of many so I'm not gonna quit over it or anything; just a little disappointed. :/

Do you also want them to bring back all the other previous temp content because you joined the game late?

I have no idea why this was directed at me. I started playing in '05 and haven't missed anything temporary yet, so...

Asking for a title to be account-wide and demanding old content be brought back are not the same and you know it.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Finally did it today. Faction changes wiping the weekly progress is annoying.
100 Troll Shaman
08/30/2013 04:28 PMPosted by Bashiok
Vanity rewards that reflect the achievements of the player should follow the player, not simply be restricted to a character that may very well be set aside one day.

Agree to disagree? I have my Tabard of the Protector on a single character, and I'll always cherish that item, and remember that I was there for the Burning Crusade launch with that specific character. She was there, she stepped through the portal at midnight, and that's not some generic reward all my characters have. I can see the appeal of having that available to all my characters, but personally I quite like that the character itself has a history, and has individual accomplishments, rather than everything I do being given to every new character I make.

I totally get that not everyone is going to care about building a legacy of experience with each character, and they just want everything to be account-wide, but obviously there are others that appreciate that being at a point in the history of the game with a specific character leaves some kind of lasting mark on that character.

so glad I spent 2 hours last week farming the head-shrinka only for it to be removed. Cool.

It's not going to be removed from your character, he means removed from being obtainable to anyone that doesn't already have it.

Items such as your tabard are one thing... achievements are another thing... achievements were made account wide for a reason. I have a level 23 Pandaren rogue who has the feat of strength [Zalazane's Fall]. If he can have that, why can he not have the feat of strength for the battlefield barrens?

I don't really care about the event itself going away. Temporary is temporary after all. I do care that the making of achievements and titles account-wide is not being honored.
100 Tauren Druid
Items such as your tabard are one thing... achievements are another thing... achievements were made account wide for a reason. I have a level 23 Pandaren rogue who has the feat of strength [Zalazane's Fall]. If he can have that, why can he not have the feat of strength for the battlefield barrens?

Your account has it, not that character. If you mouse over that flag on the right side of the achievement it will say your 23 Pandaren Rogue hasn't earned it (and it will also tell you the first character on your account that earned it).
100 Human Paladin
Don't care. I didn't participate in the stupid thing beyond getting the epic boots for my third alt. 5.3 was, without a doubt, the most biased, horribly-scripted piece of garbage you frauds have ever implemented into the game.
100 Dwarf Death Knight
I totally get that not everyone is going to care about building a legacy of experience with each character, and they just want everything to be account-wide, but obviously there are others that appreciate that being at a point in the history of the game with a specific character leaves some kind of lasting mark on that character.

My argument against this is that the game heavily encouragesp people create numerous characters and try out numerous classes, as well as do the end-game on those classes. Numerous updates have been made to make this more accessible for people.

We even get account-bound items to help level them from 85, we get upgradeable heirlooms and we get account-bound achievements, titles, mounts, pets and various other things, yet giving us a few more vanity items for a patch that has was, by Blizzard's own admission, story-related, seems silly?
Edited by Magniir on 8/31/2013 5:48 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin
Maybe you should just announce that you regret making achievements account-wide and will no longer be doing it. I mean at this point the only actual account-wide achievements are raid metas and the mounts you get for them are account-wide anyway.

Pretty much everything worthwhile (PvP titles, the Challenge Mode transmog sets) are all still character-specific under some flimsy excuse that you might be "good" at playing one class and "bad" at another.

Frankly people with 5+ alts and hundreds of achievements are your most loyal customers. Would it kill you to show some customer appreciation? I mean other games that have lasted this long throw pets and vanity items at their players every few months. You guys can't even be bothered to do anything other than an xp buff for the yearly anniversary anymore.

In the end forcing us to grind stuff like this out on multiple toons isn't going to magically keep us subbed. It just makes us more likely to abandon characters.
100 Gnome Mage
That's sort of the point, to get you motivated to get them while you can.

I feel like if a limited time offer is the only way the developers can get players motivated to do content, that speaks very poorly of its design. Furthermore, it's not so much that everyone wants everything to be made account-wide. It's that most people don't really like items being made unavailable for future characters. Look at all of the mog items that monks simply cannot have, while rogues and druids can, for example.

From a player standpoint, I'm all for it. I can get behind making troll shoes or any vanity items BOA just to save me the bank space. So much stuff I've had to delete over the years. =( Maybe you could tag items as "vanity" and they could go in an account-wide UI like pets/mounts. All your tabards could be there too.

Would be a good 6.0 feature for sure, and the general discussion board would be keen to show their support across several post-capped threads to get the ball rolling, like with transmog.
Edited by Digerati on 8/31/2013 6:47 PM PDT
90 Gnome Priest

Couldn't you build around the functionality of not sharing achievements with the rest of your characters? As you know, there's a way to turn off the achievement sharing, so why not use that as the basis for something like this? Those that like the idea of having "histories" with each of their characters can simply turn off achievement sharing and those that would like to have their different toons share the experience can do so that way.
90 Human Warlock
I still say that if you can make Chaos Orbs, Frozen Orbs and other BOP items into BOE, the same can be done for the mojo.

Ample precedent.

But I guess changing your mind isnt on the cards.:(
90 Goblin Shaman
Darn. This was probably the most boring, poorly thought out grindfest garbage patch ever. I can guarantee you that if we get many more of these lemons of content I won't be playing anymore.
90 Undead Rogue
08/30/2013 03:41 PMPosted by Pallyberry

Every item other than the pet, the Brawler's Guild item, and the 24-slot bag are being removed

so glad I spent 2 hours last week farming the head-shrinka only for it to be removed. Cool.

Another moron looking for an excuse to complain and has no idea what he/she is talking about.
08/29/2013 04:17 PMPosted by Crithto
Ok...so Gahzrookie, the gloves, and the bag will be around...but what about the troll shoes, Xan'tish's flute, and the other vanity items?

Also, titles account-wide pretty please?

Every item other than the pet, the Brawler's Guild item, and the 24-slot bag are being removed; this includes the removal of the ability to earn the title and the Darkspear Rebellion Quartermaster. We know a lot of you would like to have the cosmetic goodies readily available to pick up with other characters or to share with your alts, but this event was designed to be part of the story for the game at this point in time. For those who earned their title, you now carry a badge of honor for having helped the war effort against Garrosh.

The weekly quest was designed as both--and most importantly--an event that leads up to Patch 5.4 and the Siege of Orgrimmar, and an opportunity for level 90 characters to work on getting gear a bit quicker in preparation for the new content. Now that the story of this expansion will be pressing forward with the patch, it will be time to wrap up some of the activity in Durotar and Northern Barrens. Think of the action in those areas as exclusive for where we are at this point in the game (not unlike the gathering quests for Ahn'Qiraj and the Scourge Event before Wrath of the Lich King).

Crithto: I have an alt, a pally I am levelling. What I wanted to do was give her the tokens (she has them) then with the BOA mojo, send those to her so she had a 489 starter set.

I was *really* hoping yall would at least consider making the radical mojo's BoA so that we could complete our sets at the very least.

I would simply like to ask that you reconsider this. At least make the Radical Mojo BOA. Please.

Please know that I completely understand how you guys are feeling about this and have several alts I've been working on, too. But let's not forget that the Radical Mojo clearly displays "Binds when picked up". Simply switching it to BoA would be nice for those who have more than one unused, but it would be unfair to everyone else who did not stockpile a BoP item.

For those seeking opportunities to provide your alts with gear, the Timeless Isle will be your new favorite place to visit. The tokens you can find there are BoA before being used, and can be passed to any of your alts to generate an item for his/her spec. The gear you create will be item-level 496, and as you progress through the Isle, you will also have the chance to upgrade them to item-level 535.

Lastly, while Ravika has other important duties to attend to once 5.4 goes live, we know that Griftah's Authentic Troll Shoes hold a soft spot in many hearts, so we’re currently exploring options to reintroduce them at a later date.

Edited for clarity about the title.

Fine, remove the pet, the bag and especially the title, as these can be obtained in one week, but dont remove the gear as people might want to complete the whole set and getting all the pieces takes more than a week. We should still be able to get the gear as a rare loot from the Barrens mobs and purchase the mojo from a vendor in Orgrimmar for 1-2k.
Maybe you should just announce that you regret making achievements account-wide and will no longer be doing it. I mean at this point the only actual account-wide achievements are raid metas and the mounts you get for them are account-wide anyway.

Pretty much everything worthwhile (PvP titles, the Challenge Mode transmog sets) are all still character-specific under some flimsy excuse that you might be "good" at playing one class and "bad" at another.

Frankly people with 5+ alts and hundreds of achievements are your most loyal customers. Would it kill you to show some customer appreciation? I mean other games that have lasted this long throw pets and vanity items at their players every few months. You guys can't even be bothered to do anything other than an xp buff for the yearly anniversary anymore.

In the end forcing us to grind stuff like this out on multiple toons isn't going to magically keep us subbed. It just makes us more likely to abandon characters.

Actually I want Blizzard to keep those character wise. I don't want any other character but my warrior to be a Conqueror, they have to earn that.
90 Human Warlock
But let's not forget that the Radical Mojo clearly displays "Binds when picked up"

So did chaos orbs.
100 Human Paladin
Actually I want Blizzard to keep those character wise. I don't want any other character but my warrior to be a Conqueror, they have to earn that.

By that logic the player kills should also be character specific, bc why should a brand new alt with 0 HKs have "the Bloodthirsty"? That's just as big an investment of time as grinding BG rep.

Blizz's policy on what is and isn't account-wide is horribly inconsistent. And 9 times out of 10 when they make something character-specific it's to try to get you to do some tedious grind more than once, not bc they care that you "earned it."

Maybe when there's something you do want to be account-wide and Blizz arbitrarily tells you "no" you'll be more sympathetic.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Could you please clarify? Are the Mojo and tokens disappearing or just no longer available?
100 Worgen Druid
Ciecle: A simple " RNG is not a factor on Timeless Isle, and you should try it on PTR" would have sufficed. Thank you

And that would have been a lie. :P

RNG is still a factor everywhere you go. just not quiet as big on the Timeless Isle. The point I tried to make is to give people an idea of what's to come for those that do not read the PTR patch notes or download the PTR for some reason or another. The information there would help a bunch of people who are up in arms about the particular subject of gearing alts(not so much the obtaining the title which I say to you few, there is still 1 week left[as of this post]!).
Be that as it may, I was a bit condescending in my post. My apologies.

@ Butterflye they're not available anymore, your character will still have the ones they picked up. The items used in the quest(the kor'kron supplies) will gray out and become sell able to NPCs. The mojo and latent gear will still be USEABLE but not obtainable(I.e you can't go pick up a new Latent Kor'kron belt because you just used your last one... EXCEPT(yes big exception!!) you will still be able to buy it off your neutral/faction auction house while supplies last). The 3 things the Blizz post posted will still be obtainable(the satchel, the boxing gloves for brawler's guild, and the pet) via random drops off of Kor'kron monsters in Northern Barrens(from my understanding, there will still be some Kor'kron out there... if not there will definitely be some in the raid... lol). Hope that answers your question.
Edited by Ciecle on 9/2/2013 11:36 AM PDT
No not the mechanical cat! It was the only lore the alliance got in the barrens!
90 Gnome Monk
God starting to panic I still have to finish the weekly on this character so I can get the title

Oh we'll looks like I will be getting beaten to a pulp all over the barrens tomorrow
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]