Battlefield: Barrens Ending Soon

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Monk
Farmed all the 500 resource items last week, but sadden that this event is going away. While Barrens gives me a headache, the idea behind this system is brilliant. I'm hoping that the GoodTIME Isle is fun.
100 Orc Death Knight
Please keep something like the Barrens weekly/Champions of the Thunder King in mind for future xpacs/patches. At the start of MoP, it took way too long to cap VP (most of the week for me) so these 200/150 VP weekly quests paired with 120 VP for a H Scen and 80 VP for your first heroic infinitely speeded up the capping process for me. I could jump onto alts quicker and cap as well.

I'll agree that capping in a day in Cata was too quick; the way it is right now is perfect.
100 Worgen Druid
wait so only the weekly quest will be gone? the same mobs will still be there in the barrens getting supplies of lumber, meat, stone and oil for Garrosh?

I am only asking because a lot of my guildies and I farm the mobs for lesser charms

PS: i didn't read the whole thread
I would have loved to get the Kor'kron armor :(
100 Troll Warrior
One thing I really enjoyed about this event was the commander sniping. It struck me the difference of player mentality between killing mobs at the various camps (oil, stone, lumber, and meat) and killing the commanders.

In the camps, people tried pulling mobs separately, greedily tagging as many as they could manage before other players could. It was a very dog-eat-dog environment, just as WoW has always been with mobs.

When it came to killing the commanders, though, everyone worked together. No hunters stinging mobs just as you approach them, no mages AE dropping in small packs, none of the greedy me-first attitudes that world pve has traditionally fostered. With commanders, people mounted up and went in for the charge together! People were actively discussing it in Barrens chat, even.

That seemed to help foster a sense of community, from what I saw. It actually felt like you were working together with people, and it felt good.
90 Human Warlock
Keluri: It felt great, and I made a few friends Horde side as a result.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Here's a question that probably hasn't been asked, but came up in another thread.

With Battlefield: Barrens ending, will CRZ return to Durator?

Cheers.

Fortunately, it's likely to return. I don't really see any reason why it wouldn't.
Edited by Calbador on 9/7/2013 11:57 AM PDT
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I've still got 4 other 90's to get that damned title on. 3 of them have it...

My poor 85 Rogue, 83 DK, and 80 Monk will forever be alone without it. :(
09/06/2013 04:14 PMPosted by Keluri
People were actively discussing it in Barrens chat, even.

Wow, how long has it been since Barrens Chat meant something? I was horrified to be able to do the first quest and all of the weekly without seeing anything said in General :(.
100 Troll Hunter
That sucks. Hope there is some newer gear that I can collect in lieu of the Latent set.
85 Human Warlock
I am kind of sad the barrens is ending. I am wondering if I should get pair of troll shoes or not.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Tried hard to quest and get the title...been away for too long and I just missed it. Ah well. Was fun to late night run for the title until they shut the servers down, my only regret is that I didn't get the title in the end. Oh well.
100 Draenei Death Knight
The boots that got to the Blue and Gold trim DK set that you farm from Naxxramas Please make those availible in the DK quartermaster so at the very least DK's can have the full set.

Please Please Please. I want the look of the whole set on my other DK's who I didn't have time to get the boots for during this one patch in order to get them the set look in completion.
I'm begging Please Please.
90 Human Warlock
I came back in time to farm everything... & as the realm went down, I had 471/500 oil.

So no seein' sauce for this Warlock. :( Ah well.
90 Night Elf Druid
Darn I was really enjoying BB..:(
90 Undead Priest
Good.

I always hated those quests...
90 Draenei Priest
RIP barrens
now that you're gone you will be missed
but oh how I hated you when you were here
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]