Battlefield: Barrens Ending Soon

(Locked)

@Skula - Go to Lorewalker Cho's "office" in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms (where the Lorewalkers vendor is). He'll get you started. But hurry...and as a Hordie, I strongly recommend you do it! It's really quite epic Hordeside...Alliance side, not so much.
90 Human Death Knight
Ok I get it is going away.

I don't care about the gear, the quest line, or the vanity items. Here is my problem.

I cap on valor every Tuesday on my main. That is 200 VP and I am going to be missing.
That is 40 additional dailies that I don't want to do. Are we getting something similar to replace that quest to avoid the daily quest grind for those of us that like to vp cap the first day?
100 Troll Shaman
Ok I get it is going away.

I don't care about the gear, the quest line, or the vanity items. Here is my problem.

I cap on valor every Tuesday on my main. That is 200 VP and I am going to be missing.
That is 40 additional dailies that I don't want to do. Are we getting something similar to replace that quest to avoid the daily quest grind for those of us that like to vp cap the first day?

On the Timeless Isle:
- Battle pet weekly awards 125 VP
- Empowering the Hourglass (collect 20 epoch stones) weekly awards 200 VP
- Path of the mistwalker daily (kill 5 rares) awards 50 VP

Finishing the hourglass weekly takes about 2 hours, as these epoch stones seem to have low drop rate from any creature or chest on the Isle, and a higher chance from rares and elites.
Edited by Topka on 8/21/2013 7:50 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I really enjoyed the battlefield barrens quest line, and would like to see it available after the new patch mainly because i haven't collected all of the pieces of my tank set and would like to finish.

I also found it was an easy alternative to gearing up for raid finder rather than running heroics and Battle grounds all day every day waiting for a drop or saving up enough honor to buy a piece of gear.

There are many daily quest lines still in the game that have been out dated by the new patches and expansions that are still available such as Northrend and Deepholm even after the Lich King and Deathwing have been defeated you can still complete daily's that are tied into the story line and i see no difference here.

People wouldn't see it as a major effect on lore if the Darkspear clan is still rebelling, they would simply see it as a fun daily quest line that gives you sweet transmog gear an easy path to start raid finder. And above all its a fun way to catch up on lore to be exited to join the siege of Orgrimar!
91 Gnome Rogue
gfonna miss that easy 200 valor
90 Human Warlock
Just to let you guys know, I am currently gathering up your feedback to pass along to developers. Thank you to everyone who has shared some with us here and on Twitter!

That's great.

I've asked Rygarius, who does not seem forthcoming and now I'll ask you, as we now have a drop date for 5.4.

Any word on the questions we have asked?
Community Manager
08/19/2013 10:29 PMPosted by Mirisanelle
What about the quest leading up to the Battlefield barrens that offer the 502 boots?

Or this?

Hi there. The quest, 'Path of the Last Emperor' will not be going away when patch 5.4 goes live.
90 Draenei Shaman
Any chance the Mojos will become BoAs?
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Still no answer on if the mojos drop from anything else? Once a week is lame and then it goes away?
100 Pandaren Hunter
08/22/2013 11:52 AMPosted by Rygarius

Or this?

Hi there. The quest, 'Path of the Last Emperor' will not be going away when patch 5.4 goes live.

So it sounds like the only real change happening is that the Battlefield barrens quest, the associated drops, and the qaurtermaster will be leaving but everything else will be in place.

And... for that I have to ask, why? If you're going to leave the whole thing in except the end bits you may as well just leave the whole thing in, the only reason I can see is to make the gear and the title 'exclusive' which is... sorry, I don't go in for anything that appeals to the 'special snowflake' crowd. This stuff should at least have been available through the expansion, not just a few months long patch.
48 Orc Shaman

So it sounds like the only real change happening is that the Battlefield barrens quest, the associated drops, and the qaurtermaster will be leaving but everything else will be in place.

And... for that I have to ask, why? If you're going to leave the whole thing in except the end bits you may as well just leave the whole thing in, the only reason I can see is to make the gear and the title 'exclusive' which is... sorry, I don't go in for anything that appeals to the 'special snowflake' crowd. This stuff should at least have been available through the expansion, not just a few months long patch.

There's nothing "special snowflake" about it. The title and rewards are extremely easy to get and you had about 2-3 months to get them. If you wanted the gear for transmog, there are still other available ways to get them. The story is advancing and Vol'jin and his forces are now attacking orgrimmar and so they are changing the world to appropriately match that.

You're probably one of those people that think everything in this game that is unavailable to obtain should be obtainable now just because you think everyone who has them are arrogant 'special snowflakes'. I think this is just masked envy.

Edit: You already even have the title yourself. I think you are complaining just for the sake of complaining...
Edited by Beachclub on 8/22/2013 12:33 PM PDT
100 Dwarf Hunter
08/15/2013 12:18 PMPosted by Mulvark
The character-specific title reward.

It's sad, but the developers appear to have already decided that one of their stated goals for account-wide everything in Cataclysm (making changing mains more appealing/easier) is an unworthy, discarded goal.

I'm of the opinion that every single achievement should be account-wide, and I mean pure account-wide (i.e., behaves the same as the blue-bar achieves do now). None of this "But you need something to aim for on alts!" crap -- if you're specifically trying to get thousands of achievements on multiple characters, you're either in the tiny, tiny minority, or you're trying to change mains and feel like your hand's been forced, by losing the host of things that are arbitrarily not account wide. There's enough to do with alts, including possibly changing them into mains, that feeling limited by past accomplishments on characters is really quite obnoxious for some of us.

Adding time-limited, single-character-only achievements are just a middle finger to this idea of making changing mains more appealing.
100 Night Elf Druid
08/22/2013 11:52 AMPosted by Rygarius

Or this?

How will we get the quest if my alts have not done the preliminary quests?
100 Pandaren Priest
I'd like to give a vote for BOA Mojo and Griftah's shoes being a rare drop or a permanent purchasable. I know that there's a lot of people who would love to have them on alts for a specific look.

I wish they worked on Pandaren though. We're stuck with perma-sandal.
26 Undead Hunter
id just like the radical mojo to be buyable with either gold or resources. i think the armor looks cool and would like to have it for transmog purposes but i dont think ill be able to complete the set in time.

i got like 4 more pieces to turn into gear but dont have the mojo. although with the patch delayed, and if the battlefield quest remains, i think ill have enough time to at least get the more visual pieces put together.
100 Pandaren Monk
Mag
I think the mojo needs to be sellable (people who have some can sell it to people who want the gear) or at the very least have a resource cost for these last few weeks. That way i can get the set on my dk who will probably hit 90 today. :)
100 Undead Warlock
I enjoyed the patch but will not really be sorry to see it leave either.

I have quite a few alts and I found the mobs in the barrens varied from absurdly easy (monk, hunter, mage) to very hard (badly geared & Played rogue, warrior & druid).. the struggle forced me to be a better player and to seek out ways to get better equipment since they were mostly in mop greens.. once i learned and got better equipment they got easier, a lot easier... but grindy :)

I'm looking forward to exploring the timeless Ilse and really do wish the mojo was boa and maybe showed up on the black market now and then
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]