Battlefield: Barrens Ending Soon

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Hunter
the patch exclusive gear has the same armor models as the old dungeon gear that was removed and is now sold in the dark moon fairs transmog vendor, excluding monks (which is quest based) and dks (i forget what armor model that is). outside of the title, everything is using old armor models that you can still get for xmog purposes. I didnt bother with the barrens gear as my hunter didnt need peices as he had higher than 489 already, and i already had the hunter barrens set.

Title makes sense, and considering how low ilv the gear is, im fine with that going away as well.
90 Human Warlock
Hi there. The quest, 'Path of the Last Emperor' will not be going away when patch 5.4 goes live.

Hi Rygarius

That wasnt my question.

My question was

Crithto:

Has a decision been reached yet re the Radical Mojo's? The patch date is very soon.

Any word yet?

May I have an answer please.
Edited by Mirisanelle on 8/22/2013 8:04 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk
yay! thank you, this is the most drawn out miserable quest I've ever done. now don't get me wrong I loved the rest of that quest line, but the weekly quest was absolutely brutal. it took me several hours to do it, and I died several times, except with my druid because I flew in and grabbed the resources without leaving flight form.
90 Pandaren Shaman
General Barrens Feedback

If there wasn't anyone else around, BF:B was HORRIBLE to solo. An extremely boring grind. Off peak hours or low-pop server basically screwed you over.

At 496, those characters who benefited the most were also unable to enjoy the "dynamic events" unless they hard a large group to follow around and leech off of. They because literal wastes of time.

Frankly, this needed a small daily hub. Just 3-5 soloable quests to give you a reason to show up more than once a week, or any reason to show up at all during low-use times.

After this, I'm really not looking forward to the Timeless Isle if it's more of the same.
63 Undead Warlock
General Barrens Feedback

If there wasn't anyone else around, BF:B was HORRIBLE to solo. An extremely boring grind. Off peak hours or low-pop server basically screwed you over.

At 496, those characters who benefited the most were also unable to enjoy the "dynamic events" unless they hard a large group to follow around and leech off of. They because literal wastes of time.

Frankly, this needed a small daily hub. Just 3-5 soloable quests to give you a reason to show up more than once a week, or any reason to show up at all during low-use times.

After this, I'm really not looking forward to the Timeless Isle if it's more of the same.

I have my doubts about TI too especially since none of my toons is over 506 ilvl. If it is anywhere close to Barrens or IoG, even IoT seemed a bit overtuned, I know I wont be spending a lot of time there.
How about putting the gear to be soulbound (with random enchantments) on their loot table ?So people can continue to farm the gear for toons they raise after this event is over.
90 Goblin Shaman
08/22/2013 12:33 PMPosted by Bor
The character-specific title reward.

It's sad, but the developers appear to have already decided that one of their stated goals for account-wide everything in Cataclysm (making changing mains more appealing/easier) is an unworthy, discarded goal.

I'm of the opinion that every single achievement should be account-wide, and I mean pure account-wide (i.e., behaves the same as the blue-bar achieves do now). None of this "But you need something to aim for on alts!" crap -- if you're specifically trying to get thousands of achievements on multiple characters, you're either in the tiny, tiny minority, or you're trying to change mains and feel like your hand's been forced, by losing the host of things that are arbitrarily not account wide. There's enough to do with alts, including possibly changing them into mains, that feeling limited by past accomplishments on characters is really quite obnoxious for some of us.

Adding time-limited, single-character-only achievements are just a middle finger to this idea of making changing mains more appealing.

100% this.

I thought we were done with this design, Blizz. Over all, now that I've done it on a couple alts, Battlefield: Barrens feels like a big step backward. Supremely alt unfriendly and one big grindfest. Were you just trying to remind us what Classic was like?

In the end, I just gave up on B:B. I got the cosmetic things I wanted on one character but, while super fun, they just weren't worth the grind. I discovered this when I took an alt to B:B to also get the cosmetic items. Couple hours in, I was just like "Oh god, I just can't face this entire grind again. Nothing is worth this!" And I've been playing since '04, so it's not like I haven't faced long grinds before.

The elites weren't worth it. They didn't give enough resources to make getting a group together a good use of time. The caravans weren't worth it for the same reason. Overburdened laborers, by the time I've cut though their massive health I could have got the same amount off of easy-kill one-drop mobs. The only time it wasn't better to just grind one mob for one resource upwards of 500 times was when there was an overturned caravan around.

Then there's the unnecessary complication of 'latent' drops. Why? Why fill our bags with these things? We got one mojo a week right? How would it be any different if we could simply take that mojo over to the quartermaster and buy the gear instead of activating a piece of gear with the mojo? It's the same, only less convoluted. Latent gear drops could have been OK if we could have turned in the unwanted drops to the quartermaster for resources.

When the quests go away, please, make the title account-wide. Don't go back down this path toward alt-unfriendliness and locking us into one character again. And make the cosmetic items available for valor or something.
1 Troll Priest
08/22/2013 12:33 PMPosted by Bor
The character-specific title reward.

It's sad, but the developers appear to have already decided that one of their stated goals for account-wide everything in Cataclysm (making changing mains more appealing/easier) is an unworthy, discarded goal.

I'm of the opinion that every single achievement should be account-wide, and I mean pure account-wide (i.e., behaves the same as the blue-bar achieves do now). None of this "But you need something to aim for on alts!" crap -- if you're specifically trying to get thousands of achievements on multiple characters, you're either in the tiny, tiny minority, or you're trying to change mains and feel like your hand's been forced, by losing the host of things that are arbitrarily not account wide. There's enough to do with alts, including possibly changing them into mains, that feeling limited by past accomplishments on characters is really quite obnoxious for some of us.

Adding time-limited, single-character-only achievements are just a middle finger to this idea of making changing mains more appealing.

too bad cata was awful and its literally a quest that can take literally an hour if you commander farm.

QQ more sorry you don't have the title as someone else /violin
90 Human Warlock
Never mind.
Edited by Mirisanelle on 8/25/2013 8:02 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
Quite frankly, all I can say is good riddance to the following:

- Never-ending fights with lumberjacks; who keep on coming and won't give you a single second to catch your breath.
- OP shaman bosses, with their stupid exploding totems that you don't even see until BOOM! YOUR HEAD A SPLODE! Not to mention that stupid ruin $&@! that you can't even get out of! I mean, seriously, COME ON!
- Caravan raiders; who are damn near impossible to even hit, do like a million hit points of damage with every attack, have a shooting rate that shouldn't even be physically possible, and won't stop making that stupid "Org org org org org!" noise!
- Caravan guards; who have apparently forgotten how to use their weapons.
- And don't even get me started on farming stone.
90 Human Warrior
I, sincerely hope, that there will be a way to obtain Authentic Troll Boots after the next patch hits. Maybe it could also be a rare drop, or maybe turn it into a BoA item to be sendable to alts. Per the off-chance the latter happens, I grinded several more boots to send to alts in preperations of that happening.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I, sincerely hope, that there will be a way to obtain Authentic Troll Boots after the next patch hits. Maybe it could also be a rare drop, or maybe turn it into a BoA item to be sendable to alts. Per the off-chance the latter happens, I grinded several more boots to send to alts in preperations of that happening.

Bliz could care less about people getting armor for transmog or anything else. They put in transmog and then make many of the old model armor sets from vanilla and BC impossible to next to impossible to obtain. Come on EQ next, after 8 and a half years of this BS, i'm ready to leave.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
They did say that the troll shoes may return in the future.
90 Goblin Shaman
The future can be a very long time.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
If the information I read is Right, the way I see it is to Try to do two more 'Battlefield: Barrens Quests'.
this only give me about 2 week left to do two more of the Gears I Looted. (out of the Seven I got,)
I already Mojo three of them, which leave me four still not mojo. what a pain that is.
the big Pain in doing this is that I'm doing this Solo, and also the Bull that give out the Quest at Two Moons wouldn't give me another for another Week again, which mean that I might not get to really do two more. now that the deadline is 9/10/13.

so someone give me a reason to continue with this?

another Note: after I read the post below me.
I found that getting the Four Items (at 150 Per Unit!) is one big pain. it take me about a week to get them all. (if I do 50 a day for each. and two days of 25 X 2 each to finish the Job!)

Of all of them, the Wood items maybe the easiest, with just Axemen and Killing Cutting machines, the Stealth Guards, but still a Pain when attack by all three or More at the same time.

U would think getting the Meat Items would be alot easier, but the wolf (Mounts) riders can see all Rogue in Stealth mode. plus also the Meat cutters R pains too! (when attack by three or more of them at the same time.)

Then again, the Oil Items also fall into a Mob attack too! (with Goblin Workers and their Mobile Battle Machines, plus add Guard too)

I left this one for Last, Can't remember what they call it, so I'll call it Magic Rocks.
the mob here R Flaming Dogs/Wolves, Rock monster and Magic users & Guards too.

while other classes toon have Either or both Magic & Power (like Weapons & Armor,)
All I got is my Simple weapons, and no backup either.
I alway amaze by how easy a Magic/pet owner can overpower the Enemy with their backup Pets, Demons & Zombies army

So as I said before, tell me why I must go on with this?
I beg to differ, this rogue had very little difficulty getting the whole Barrens set. As far as handling mobs she does quite well. If you look at the profile she's not much different than you, Dawnsnow. sorry to hear you had a crappy time with it.... Oh wait a minute, Dawnsnow, your ilvl is better than mine :)

Quite Frankly I had more difficulty dealing with gangs of Alliance players up in my face all the time, rather than the NPCs.
Edited by Lisselyne on 8/27/2013 10:35 AM PDT
74 Draenei Priest
The stuff leading up to Barrens, including the Shaohao quest, were great. The fight in Senjin, raiding Razor Hill, good stuff. The actual 150 supplies fetch quest was the freaking WORST. Boring, boring, boring. Grinding is bad. Divine Bell chain is how things should be done. If Timeless Isle is like Barrens or Isle of Thunder (and w/o flying, to boot), then count me out.
Community Manager
Ok I got my Troll Shoes, you can go ahead and take all that stuff away. Thanks.
90 Undead Warlock
Ok I got my Troll Shoes, you can go ahead and take all that stuff away. Thanks.

now imagine that in the future, you end up creating an alt, and you wish that alt had troll shoes to complement the visual you were trying to achieve on his transmog...

sad, isn't it? :(
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]