5.4 and Valor?

100 Troll Shaman
I've heard that you won't be able to buy gear with valor anymore, more to say that 5.4 upgrade gear wont be able to be bought with valor. I can't seem to find anything concrete, googled it and checked the forums here for a detailed explanation of what's going to happen with valor. My main questions are:

1) Will valor be able to buy any higher lvl gear in 5.4?

2) Will any raid equivalent 5.4 gear be able to be purchased with valor or anything else (heard they might be introducing a new type of currency to buy it)?

3) Will valor be converted to justice points or just stay in limbo? ie what happens with the valor you already have?

4) Will 5.4 raid drops be able to be upgraded still with valor?

5) Is there a list anywhere of what if any items can be purchased in 5.4 similar to shadowpan assault items now?

Any insight or links are most appreciated guys.

Thanks,
Reply Quote
Adjustments have been made to Mists of Pandaria faction quartermasters. •Epic quality (purple) Valor items sold by the Shado-Pan Assault now have their reputation requirements reduced to Friendly or below, and have their Valor Point cost reduced by 34%.•Epic quality (purple) Valor items sold by all other Mists of Pandaria faction quartermasters no longer have reputation requirements, and will now cost Justice Points instead of Valor.•Rare quality (blue) items have their Justice Point cost reduced by 75%.•No changes for items that require an Exalted reputation.

This is also relevant:

•The chance for awarding loot from kills or bonus rolls has been increased for Mogu'shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, Terrace of Endless Spring, and Throne of Thunder on Raid Finder difficulty.•The chance for awarding loot from using a bonus roll has been increased for Throne of Thunder on Normal difficulty.

I copy and pasted these directly from the PTR notes. It's always best to check there before asking questions.

Also, Valor is always downgraded to prevent stockpiling.

Have a good night. :)
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
thanks, appreciate it :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

That's only when new valor gear is actually introduced as far as I know. They don't seem to be planning to convert valor with this patch.
Reply Quote
08/14/2013 09:36 PMPosted by Illucia

That's only when new valor gear is actually introduced as far as I know. They don't seem to be planning to convert valor with this patch.

Well then, that's embarrassing on my part. Haha.

Sorry for the misinformation.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgflscOmW8
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
nononoyesno

They haven't done that all expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest

Now that's there's an overall cap in addition to the weekly cap, Blizzard has stopped downgrading it. 3k VP is not enough for anyone to gear up fast once new content is out.

There was even a blue comment last weekend saying now might be a good time to start saving up to the 3k.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
As far as new gear goes, the only purchasable one i noticed was a new 535 trinket from shao hao, that is available for 50k Timeless coins. The 489 and 496 gear that is available for justice points is still upgradable with valor, and for the same price as on live (250/500).
Reply Quote
so on my priest I am maxed for this week, 1k. I have about 1700 overall.

Should I upgrade some of her 496 items with it, or hold it and try to get to 3k by patch?
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Monk
so on my priest I am maxed for this week, 1k. I have about 1700 overall.

Should I upgrade some of her 496 items with it, or hold it and try to get to 3k by patch?

You're maxed out already this week? Patch is next Tuesday, so that's all you'll have come Tuesday when you log in. If you're only running LFR, then you'll be able to get another 1000 next week bringing you up to 2700 before you get new loot. The following week LFR opens up so hopefully you'll get loot drop from the first wing that you can then upgrade. There is 496 gear that you can get from the new island, however I am fairly certain that the gear you get from there is upgradeable with something other than valor. If you're likely to get another 300 vp before completing SoO LFR and getting loot, then either buy a 522 upgrade or two or three for cheaper next week.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Assuming you're an lfr only raider, I'd stockpile it if you plan on farming @ timeless isle where you might get an upgrade. First lfr wing doesn't open until the 17th, so you can kind of plan around that. I'd only spend valor on current gear if I was reaching the cap and had no choice.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]