the superfluous healer?

22 Dwarf Shaman
Healing my first five dungeons has been a lot like collecting welfare. Once in a while, someone's health drops below 80%, so I riptide once and then go back to sleep. The only bit of excitement has been when I kept aggroing mobs behind me somehow, even though the party had already been there and cleared them out. The good part is that it took me about one hour to gain five levels, the bad part that I got so bored I decided to watch baseball.

Is this normal?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Healing my first five dungeons has been a lot like collecting welfare. Once in a while, someone's health drops below 80%, so I riptide once and then go back to sleep. The only bit of excitement has been when I kept aggroing mobs behind me somehow, even though the party had already been there and cleared them out. The good part is that it took me about one hour to gain five levels, the bad part that I got so bored I decided to watch baseball.

Is this normal?

Believe it or not, the game gets harder.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Is this normal?

It's 100% normal for the first however many levels.

The point at which you'll start finding it more involved and/or challenging is different for each person. Sometimes, one 5man in particular will give you problems (... or it could be that one 5man in particular will give your *group* problems which may or may not be heal-throughable unless they figure out what they're doing wrong)... I've seen some people say there are pulls in Dire Maul which can cause that; there are certainly some pulls in BRD which can go badly. All of these situations only go badly if things are done *really* wrong, though.

Sometimes, people really don't have much trouble until they hit BC 5mans. Sometimes you can run into DKs fresh out of the DK starting area who create *havoc* for the group... whether they're tanks or not. Many healers will say "psh, BC 5mans aren't hard".

Sometimes, you might find people who start to have "problems" in the Wrath 5mans. You *might* start to notice your mana bar moving for the first time in those. A tank who's chain-pulling fast enough, while not spending enough time *tanking* so that they're taking more damage than they need to and/or other players are taking more damage than they need to can result in your first OOM moments. In those situations, your ability to have an idea which is the right heal for each cast can make the difference between you finishing the run saying "God, when is healing going to get hard?" or "Wow, 5mans suddenly got hard!"

It's more common for people to start to have challenges while healing Cata 5mans. Players can really mess up some of those pulls if they decide to ignore certain mechanics (or don't know what they're supposed to be doing to prevent a wipe).

Even MoP 5mans aren't tough if people know how to handle the problematic fights/pulls. Shado-pan Monastery (the little Sha trash outside after the 1st boss, and the trash outside on the run towards the last boss) and Mogu'shan Palace (last boss) are the first places things can easily just go to hell with no warning.

... enjoy the ride! ;D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]