Leatherworking mail/leather discovery

90 Orc Death Knight
Right now im attempting to do the daily plan discovery to learn the druid agil pvp gear and I've realised there are way more plans that im forced to discover than in blacksmithing. I have a question with this now.
Why is it that we cannot choose to use scales for mail armor discoveries and leather for the leather armor discoveries?

With 2 sets of wrists and belts for almost every spec and class it seems silly to do the discovery and get 4 wrists your alts cannot use and you wasted 4 days. Can there be a better way to go about this? At least narrow down the amount of items you have a chance to discover would be helpful.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
08/15/2013 09:51 AMPosted by Mawduke
Why is it that we cannot choose to use scales for mail armor discoveries and leather for the leather armor discoveries?

I believe this is how it worked earlier but scales cost a lot more than leather and people complained.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Some of us use the profession to make money.

Although I tend to agree that magnificence of scales should have been used to learn mail patterns, and vice versa for leather patterns, I've been done with discovery now for quite awhile.

Kind of defeats the purpose of discovery if you already know how and what type of gear you want to learn ahead of time.

The better way to go about this would be to buy the gear you need if you can't possibly wait for it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]