Dispelling

90 Night Elf Druid
Why do Healers forget or choose to not dispel "Touch of Nothingness" on the Sha of Doubt fight in Temple of the Jade Serpent? I find the healing process easier if you just dispel it. I love it when people create the excuse "I don't have dispel magic". Yes you do. Every Healing class does, if you're a Healer, basically you can dispel Magic.

Druids - (must be Restoration Druid) Nature's Cure "Cures harmful effects on the friendly target, removing all Magic, Curse, and Poison effects."

Shamans - (must be Restoration Shaman) Purify Spirit "Removes all Curse and Magic effects from a friendly target."

Priests - (I play a Disc AND Holy Priest, both can dispel Magic, don't know about Shadow) Purify "Dispels harmful effects on the target, removing all Magic and Disease effects."
Mass Dispel "Dispels magic in a 15 yard radius, removing all harmful spells from each friendly target and 1 beneficial spell from each enemy target. Affects a maximum of 10 friendly targets and 10 enemy targets. This dispel is potent enough to remove Magic effects that are normally undispellable.

Paladins - (must be Holy Paladin) Cleanse "Cleanses a friendly target, removing all Poison, Disease and Magic effects."

Monks - (must be Mistweaver Monk) Detox "Eliminates ailments from the friendly target, removing all harmful Magic, Poison, and Disease effects."

So the argument of Healers "not being able to dispel Magic", that point is flawed. Moving onto the next part, "I didn't train", what you mean is you didn't put it on your bar because everybody gets their spells automatically now, look in your spellbook. Next point, "it has a CD", yes but the debuff spreads in enough of a timeframe for you to dispel accordingly, the minute you see it on somebody, remove it immediately. You won't have to do so much crazy healing. The debuff lasts for 30 seconds. 30 seconds is a long time when you don't dispel it. You spend so much time Healing, and those with the debuff end up dying. Would just be easier to remove it.

I just don't see the point. For future reference, learn about dispelling, it'll help. Sorry, pet peeve of mine when I'm not the healer during this encounter, it seems that every healer forgets they can dispel that debuff.

/endrant
Edited by Aaeiyn on 8/15/2013 4:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
These are not the healers you are looking for *hand wave thingy*

For that dungeon, I usually just heal through it instead of dispelling (depending on what toon I am on) depending on good the DPS is.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
For that dungeon, I usually just heal through it instead of dispelling (depending on what toon I am on) depending on good the DPS is.

Dispell is more of a reflex reaction for me anymore. I have to actively think about not doing it.

I have such problems with cinders in LFR. Half awake, something dispellable comes up. oops. Well at least it is a chance to pad my meter :p

edit: nvrmind did not read all your thing
Edited by Prideth on 8/15/2013 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Because it's more fun to heal through it than dispelling it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Because it's more fun to heal through it than dispelling it.

At some point when you sufficiently outgear lfd's you are looking for any extra damage you can get, as odd as that sounds. I usually don't dispel anything unless it actually inconveniences the person it's on. If you are struggling to keep up with damage though, by all means dispel away!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Sha of Doubt? The boss in the dungeon?

1) Because i am too busy smiting to pause and dispel. The fight is beyond joke level, I don't need to dispel some dumb dps who will probably then stand on a spike, anyhow.

2) Because it's a dungeon.

3) Because I secretly hope the dps will die. Pulling that extra pack at the start and making me stop smiting to heal annoyed me, and this is my moment of revenge. NO DISPEL FOR YOU!

4) It's a dungeon.

5) Some other dps annoyed me last year, and I now want a dps to die.

6) DUNGEON.....

Edit:

This dispel is potent enough to remove Magic effects that are normally undispellable.

Not true unless you glyph it. Which makes this:

08/15/2013 01:28 PMPosted by Aaeiyn
(I play a Disc AND Holy Priest, both can dispel Magic, don't know about Shadow)

an odd statement.
Edited by Rauri on 8/15/2013 3:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Ok that was mean, sorry. Really, some of us don't dispel because..... it's a freaking DUNGEON! :-) Sorry. I know it comes across somewhat cross, but yea.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

This dispel is potent enough to remove Magic effects that are normally undispellable.

Not true unless you glyph it. Which makes this:

08/15/2013 01:28 PMPosted by Aaeiyn
(I play a Disc AND Holy Priest, both can dispel Magic, don't know about Shadow)

an odd statement.

You can dispel magic without glyphing it, if you want to dispel a magic from an ENEMY then you glyph mass dispel otherwise purify works just fine.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
That isn't how it works either, nor is it how the OP said it. Yes, Purify is the CD friendly dispel. Yes, it would work in the case of the debuff in the dungeon.

However, they then stated "This (being MASS DISPEL) dispel is potent enough to remove Magic effects that are normally undispellable."

That is inaccurate. It must be glyphed in order to do that. It no longer removes pally bubble or iceblock unless glyphed. It would still dispel Kings or Brilliance unlgyphed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I know that, that's exactly what I said :P

They are talking about an encounter, not pvp they just worded mass dispel incorrectly (worded it glyphed vs nonglyphed) but in that dungeon you can use it (although why would you when you can use purify). It's possible the OP didn't clarify between the two or has it glyphed.
Edited by Veroicone on 8/15/2013 4:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I might have it glyphed, sorry, but the point is all Healers can dispel. If you can actually keep the people up through healing them, I'm OK with that, but if you lose them to it, you should probably dispel it. Can't tell you how many times I've died with that thing, and I've done nothing but be an asset to the group pulling my weight in DPS, staying out of fire, poisons, spikes, etc.

I ask politely if they can just dispel the debuff, then they decide to troll or are serious about not knowing anything about it.
Edited by Aaeiyn on 8/15/2013 4:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
08/15/2013 01:45 PMPosted by Prideth
Dispell is more of a reflex reaction for me anymore. I have to actively think about not doing it.

I'll never forgive them for heroic spine. *shake fist*
Reply Quote
Because it tickles and the Sha hits like a kitten, so I might as well get something to heal at all.

The debuff is hardly harmful unless you're still in Cata gear perhaps. Healing through Lord Godfrey's Cursed Bullets at 85 with Cata blues because no one could dispel curses, now that was a bit of a pain.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
because most people who run 5 mans are alts or Inexperienced players
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I might have it glyphed, sorry, but the point is all Healers can dispel. If you can actually keep the people up through healing them, I'm OK with that, but if you lose them to it, you should probably dispel it. Can't tell you how many times I've died with that thing, and I've done nothing but be an asset to the group pulling my weight in DPS, staying out of fire, poisons, spikes, etc.

I ask politely if they can just dispel the debuff, then they decide to troll or are serious about not knowing anything about it.

The people you're trying to talk to really don't frequent this forum. The only time I've ever seen a healer miss a dispel was because they literally couldn't see it (their bars were messed up).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

Or...

Really, some of us don't dispel because..... it's a freaking DUNGEON! :-)

Both work rather well to answer the question at hand.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
3) Because I secretly hope the dps will die. Pulling that extra pack at the start and making me stop smiting to heal annoyed me, and this is my moment of revenge. NO DISPEL FOR YOU!

Sometimes this one and other times because i'm just bored.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Normally I do, but in the chance I want to have some fun (normally I barely heal in 5-mans anymore cause either the tank is so geared he can basically heal himself; and the DPS barely gets hit, or I simply heal so well I literally only have to cast a few heals to even heal well).

I enjoy the challenge of actually having to heal for once. Now, if I'm on an alt healer that's not geared then of course I'm going to dispell it cause I know risking healing through the debuff is a bad idea.

Like other people have said: These aren't the healers you're talking about. You want the stupid ones who never go to forums.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]