Dispelling

90 Tauren Druid
Fight is usually over before Touch is cast.

And if it is cast, I kind of like knowning that someone is going to die after the fight is over and I leave.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I get bored.

It gives me something to do in dungeons. While leveling and gearing my other lowest ilvl heals yes I dispell. But on my pally, shaman, or priest? Psh. Who cares about dispelling. I can heal through it usually.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Like other people have said: These aren't the healers you're talking about. You want the stupid ones who never go to forums.

My personal favorite stupid healers are the one's that dispel that one debuff on Meg in LFR but do it while that person is still in the group.

So annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I always dispel on any of my healers. It is part of what we have to do, and addons like decursive make it very easy to achieve.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
My personal favorite stupid healers are the one's that dispel that one debuff on Meg in LFR but do it while that person is still in the group.

So annoying.

I life grip and dispel them outside. Had a dps get pissed at me for it the other week and go pull a bunch of shale spiders during the fight as "revenge". Riddle me that one.

NO DISPEL FOR YOU!!! Grrr at those dpsers.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
I dispel it.

When you don't the tank gets chain stunned, can't hold agro and can't use active mitigation, gets blamed for things chewing on everyone and it is NOT fun.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
I usually dispel things because it bugs me to see debuffs clutter up my beautiful field of green health bars. Sometimes I have to slap my own hand on Meg before I do something stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
08/15/2013 01:33 PMPosted by Veroicone
These are not the healers you are looking for *hand wave thingy*

/drink?

are we allowed? or is that just for tanks?

=D

e: I dispel it 'cause... well... what else am I doing? lol
Edited by Zoevil on 8/16/2013 2:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I just dispel it because it's a reflex kind of thing for me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Too busy punching the boss to death. If your health ever drops below 90% I might care.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I use my dispels all the time. If there is something I can remove, I do. :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I dispel it.

When you don't the tank gets chain stunned, can't hold agro and can't use active mitigation, gets blamed for things chewing on everyone and it is NOT fun.

Wrong fight.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I didn't read all that but I always dispel it, reflexes even if DBM didn't yell. But healers have reasons for not doing it. Our holy paladin once wasn't doing it because his dispel color was the same color as the health bars /facepalm.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
On that particular fight, I generally don't dispel because I am not in heal spec. I run random dungeons to top off valor or get a satchel of exotic mystery, but I generally just run in dps spec. I find that totems, healing rain and the occasional chain heal is plenty to keep everyone topped up. In those situations I am not resto spec, and don't have a dispel. If a group seems to be alts or new 90s I can easily switch to resto, and there are no issues. As to why I run it in dps spec: it just goes a heck of a lot faster.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It is funny, I dispel so much that I find myself dispelling players and pets alike and it is such an ingrained process that I don't even notice doing it most of the time which is great in most situations until I get to Dark Animus and it takes me a a bit to force myself not to dispel.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
08/15/2013 01:28 PMPosted by Aaeiyn
So the argument of Healers "not being able to dispel Magic", that point is flawed.

Exactly what happen most of the time when I tell healers to dispel [touch of nothingness] and you know what funny? Sometimes some foolish DPS who had no idea what he was talking about would tell me [Insert healer class here] can't dispel.... Seriously? It's fine if you don't know heck but at least don't tell me trash, it only made you look more stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
You finished the dungeon. Thank your healer.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Sometimes I think Blizzard designed that mechanic just to say "Screw you, Decursive!".

...and the most likely answer: because this late in the expansion, gear inflation has trivialized the content.

I understand why they didn't keep releasing new dungeons, but in the next expansion they should really try to do something about people outgearing dungeons by 50+ ilvls but having an incentive to run them anyway. Make all Heroic dungeons scale according to the ilvls of party members, or something.

Although you could argue that the real problem is that valor is almost always relevant to your progression no matter how progressed you already are, but you can earn it from content that is designed for fresh 90s in greens. Some people have criticized the decision to have 3 tiers of bonus roll tokens, but having only one tier of valor stretched through the whole expansion is ultimately causing even bigger problems, it seems to me.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
I'll usually dispel it if I notice it, but most of the time I have no issues with the damage on that boss so I'll just heal through it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I ignored it until p2 happens, if p2 even came around. The damage is minimal on 1-2 targets, which is all it should be on if the person who gets it isn't stupid and running on top of other people.

In current gear it's pretty minimal on 5 targets, but that's another story. When another one comes out, I'll mass dispel both at the same time. The saved GCD is another smite I can do and if we're hitting p2, I'm probably topping DPS anyway.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]