The game just doesn't feel healer friendly..

90 Blood Elf Paladin
5 man tanking is one of the funnest things to do in this game (except for when Cata thought it would be cool to make 5 mans harder than raids). Raid tanking is annoying.
The next funnest thing is BG tanking, and the best way to be a BG tank, is to roll a healer.

I don't use any UI addons at all. Well I do have one that shows enemy names for RBG's which I just started (literally 1L-2W is my RBG record). My group said it was required or I couldn't play with them, so, whatever.

I've healed, DPS'd, & tanked in raids from Vanilla to Wrath, and the only time I used an addon other than something like recount, was vanilla on my hunter. Cause having your ranged weapon automatically broken really sucked if you lagged a little bit and weren't fast enough to bag it.

But then again my guild wasn't about "progession" it was going through the content at a leisurely pace. We didn't kill LK till near the end of the expansion, when the buff was up to something like 30%, and we were fine with that.

Anyway, I have no problem with the base UI for healing. I'd say now, it is far and away better than it used to be. Vanilla/BC it sucked, wrath it got pretty good. I'd say it's pretty polished now, for what it's supposed to be.
Edited by Ihwaz on 9/27/2013 1:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i use Blizz raid frams with mouseover marcos due me hating grid/healbot/vuhdo

when i tried the healing addons they just were just meh to me didnt like them

http://www.worldofmatticus.com/a-guide-to-mouseover-macros/
Reply Quote
92 Worgen Druid
I use ElvUI. A completely entire UI. Even if you select the default settings for a healer spec; it works well.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
I feel I am a good healer and I don't use mouse over macros (although I've considered making them) and just use the basic Bliz UI. Sure those things might be major quality of life improvements, but they're definitely not required!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I feel I am a good healer and I don't use mouse over macros (although I've considered making them) and just use the basic Bliz UI. Sure those things might be major quality of life improvements, but they're definitely not required!

You'd be better with mouseovers.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
09/27/2013 03:08 PMPosted by Tiriel

You'd be better with mouseovers.

Yeah probably, but I seem to do well enough as it is and can't really be bothered to do it...
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
Mouse over macros can improve your reaction time for healing by as much as 200-300 milliseconds. That's like adding 11% - 17% haste to a heal with a 2 second cast time, or 15% - 25% to a heal with a 1.5 second cast time.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
what about when im casting a heal or im on global cooldown and i already have my next target targetted before im even able to cast? what did my mouse over macro do for me then? how much imaginary haste did it give me?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]