Warlock in the LFD group

90 Night Elf Druid
OK so first off I have to admit I know nothing about 'locks...I've never rolled one, we have very few in the guild, and none on any of my raid teams...so if this has been posted about before, I apologize. I really didn't have a clue what to search for.

So I was in an LFD group on my level 20 holy paladin with a warlock and other random dps and tank. All of us were 'loomed out. During the fights the tank was mitigating damage well and no one else really needed much healing...except for the 'lock. His health kept ping-ponging all over the place, never really getting much below half, but still enough where I was constantly throwing heals his way. I started watching him and I couldn't tell what the heck was going on...he wasn't standing in bad, he hadn't peeled off the tank, and he didn't have some random add beating on him. When we finished, recount told me that I healed him more than I healed the tank!! Didn't really matter much cuz i definitely had mana to spare.

The pally is only my second healer I've rolled and I don't remember anything like this when I leveled this rdruid. And I don't recall ever seeing this happen to the multitude of 'locks I've runLFD/LFR with at level 90.

Anyone have a clue what was going on? Is it something inherent to low level warlocks?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
If I had to guess, I'd say hellfire or Lifetap.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
more likely lifetap, if he was the same level as the OP. they get lifetap at 16 and hellfire at 22.

if you see someone doing it again you could always just say "give me a heads up when you decide to lifetap"
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
A single life tap is (looks it up) only 15% of max health. The problem some warlocks get into is they'll wait until they're OOM then mash the button. While not really deadly unless they're taking damage from another source it's a bad habit to get into since

life tap + raid wide AoE = squished lock
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Thanks! Yeah, had to be Lifetap.

Wow, interesting way to regen mana. My first reaction is to say 'locks get no more heals from me, but having seen some really good dps from warlocks when I'm tanking, I think I can make sure their mana bar stays fairly full. At my pally's level its no big deal at all, and my druid can fill them with an AoE HoT.

Hellfire, though...seems kinda pointless. If I inderstand it correctly, the adds have to be in melee range for it to do damage, and if that's the case the 'lock is already TAKING damage...why add more damage to it?

Maybe I should start a warlock...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Could be Burning Rush. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=111400

You'd be surprised how many really terrible people forget to cancel it.

EDIT: Misread level of group, can't be Burning Rush at that level. Just be aware of it later!
Edited by Yablik on 8/15/2013 4:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
My first heroic when I hit 90, a warlock spent most of the run trolling me by turning burning rush on and off and asking me why I wasn't healing them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]