Resto Shaman - 0.38
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
I'm excited for this new nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
Good thing the rshaman one is low for those 2 stacked fights. Not like there is 14 bosses or anything.
Edited by Sensations on 8/18/2013 1:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
How accurate is this information? There is a new patch on the ptr coming out soon, it may change again because I don't really see any reason why resto would have such a lower rppm than all the other healers.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
How accurate is this information? There is a new patch on the ptr coming out soon, it may change again because I don't really see any reason why resto would have such a lower rppm than all the other healers.

The reason why Resto has a lower RPPM than other healers is that the value of the proc is determined by how much overhealing you do, and Shaman have more overhealing than any other healer by a significant margin. They are also potentially using the proc rate to tweak throughput balance. I wouldn't worry too much about it; Resto Shaman performance on the PTR is extremely strong right now, even on spread fights.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The thing is though, I thought holy priest over healing was just as strong if not stronger than shamans. Granted the only fights I go holy for in tot are heroic Tortos and heroic primordius, and our resto shaman goes ele for Tortos, and his healing just kinda sucks on primordius cause of all the movement and no one can afford to stand in the healing rain. But the amount of overheating I do as a holy priest because of echo of light is in the realm of insane so I just didn't see why shaman would be so much lower.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC

The reason why Resto has a lower RPPM than other healers is that the value of the proc is determined by how much overhealing you do, and Shaman have more overhealing than any other healer by a significant margin.

We're not all 25m. On fights where HR can be fully utilized, yes our overhealing can't be touched. But outside of that our overhealing is much lower than that of an Rdruid/MW, and that's even including the fact that does HST even proc the cloak? I know HST isn't technically our healing but that of a guardian and must be hardcoded in.
Edited by Sensations on 8/18/2013 3:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

The reason why Resto has a lower RPPM than other healers is that the value of the proc is determined by how much overhealing you do, and Shaman have more overhealing than any other healer by a significant margin.

We're not all 25m. On fights where HR can be fully utilized, yes our overhealing can't be touched. But outside of that our overhealing is much lower than that of an Rdruid/MW, and that's even including the fact that does HST even proc the cloak? I know HST isn't technically our healing but that of a guardian and must be hardcoded in.

HST typically does little to no overheal, so it doesn't really make that much of a difference to our gains from the cloak whether it does or doesn't proc it. I did some of the 10 man testing, and some 10-14 person flex mode tests, and Shaman output is still in a very good place in 10 man (obviously the tests after the HR/CH/HTT baseline buffs - it was awful before that).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
The thing is though, I thought holy priest over healing was just as strong if not stronger than shamans. Granted the only fights I go holy for in tot are heroic Tortos and heroic primordius, and our resto shaman goes ele for Tortos, and his healing just kinda sucks on primordius cause of all the movement and no one can afford to stand in the healing rain. But the amount of overheating I do as a holy priest because of echo of light is in the realm of insane so I just didn't see why shaman would be so much lower.

The 5.4 changes have significantly increased the amount of overheal Resto Shaman have. Healing Rain typically accounts for 70%+ of our overheal, and it was buffed 100%.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
So what does this mean? That the cloak will only proc about twice a minute for Holy?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Other way around, I think. You'll see one proc roughly every 2 minutes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Other way around, I think. You'll see one proc roughly every 2 minutes.

lol is this their way of trying to make it "valuable" for Disc? rofl.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Kinda. They're trying to make it equal value for all healers through the same means they used on the DPS meta and some proc trinkets.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Kinda. They're trying to make it equal value for all healers through the same means they used on the DPS meta and some proc trinkets.

Well, I mean, I'll use it anyway, but I don't think Holy needed the nerf. rofl.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Well, I mean, I'll use it anyway, but I don't think Holy needed the nerf. rofl.

That. Was looking forward to being on equal grounds as disc and was looking at this cloak as a way of a external buff to the class much like the 2 piece interacting with FDCL was a pseudo buff to holy without actually changing the spec itself. So sad, was actually looking forward to changing to holy in 5.4 but if this is the case since we don't have an absorb healer in raid I may have to stay disc now.

Speaking for ten man. Was hoping that this cloak was going to be my saving grace to be able to heal with the spec I enjoy more but with the huge buff for disc rppm and no absorb healer in my own personal raid I just don't see it happening.
Reply Quote
08/18/2013 05:59 PMPosted by Rapsidy
Was looking forward to being on equal grounds as disc

Preposterous.

While the low proc rate is understandable for 25m Shaman, I fear it might be too punishing for 10m. Shaman have always had a considerable output gap between both raid formats, unlike other healers whose output variance is not as big. Hopefully some testing will show whether it is ok or not for 10m. We may be the kings of overhealing this expansion, but even our high overhealing depends on the raid being clumped :l
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
We noticed that some 10 man progression raid groups were considering running without a discipline priest in 5.4. This was never intended and is being corrected.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
08/18/2013 06:11 PMPosted by Korghal
Was looking forward to being on equal grounds as disc

Preposterous.

While the low proc rate is understandable for 25m Shaman, I fear it might be too punishing for 10m. Shaman have always had a considerable output gap between both raid formats, unlike other healers whose output variance is not as big. Hopefully some testing will show whether it is ok or not for 10m. We may be the kings of overhealing this expansion, but even our high overhealing depends on the raid being clumped :l

The cloak proc change isn't even live on the PTR yet (it doesn't go live until probably tomorrow), and they are done with 10 man testing, so the new proc rate won't actually be active for any 10 man raid testing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Discs priests on top as they should be.

mwahah
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
We noticed that some 10 man progression raid groups were considering running without a discipline priest in 5.4. This was never intended and is being corrected.

/cries uncontrollably
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]