5.4 Legendary RPPM proc chance

90 Draenei Shaman
At least I'll get some pretty sweet !@# wings!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Btw, these rppm values are for the cloak @600 ilvl

these are the real values @608

Resto Druid - 0.46
Mistweaver - 0.46
Holy Paladin - 0.64
Disc Priest - 0.81
Holy Priest - 0.58
Resto Shaman - 0.41

Not like these values are any better, but i'd like to give everyone more hope about their class ^_^
Edited by Suplift on 8/19/2013 11:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
hope about their class ^_^

Disc Priest - 0.81

All is right in the world.

Tbh, it's still a bit disheartening.
Edited by Naér on 8/19/2013 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Btw, these rppm values are for the cloak @600 ilvl

these are the real values @608

Resto Druid - 0.46
Mistweaver - 0.46
Holy Paladin - 0.64
Disc Priest - 0.81
Holy Priest - 0.58
Resto Shaman - 0.41

Not like these values are any better, but i'd like to give everyone more hope about their class ^_^

Thanks for the correction :)
Edited by Naxe on 8/19/2013 11:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I think tbh holy paladins got the best deal with their cloak,

They already overheal quite a bit with EF blanketing, (because the raw healing of the hot got buffed).

So it's quite a good cloak for a raid healing holy paladin.
Edited by Suplift on 8/19/2013 11:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well, good to see the values are closer between the most overhealing classes at least (a bit surprised that Holy Priests are that high, but that is just me).

I think tbh holy paladins got the best deal with their cloak,

They already overheal quite a bit with EF blanketing, (because the raw healing of the hot got buffed).

So it's quite a good cloak for a raid healing holy paladin.

I think that will eventually clash with their "We want paladins to take EF, but we dont want every paladin to take EF". The cloak really favors EF because EF is their biggest source of overhealing compared to the rest of their toolkit; it'll likely become an issue in the long run, but I don't think they can balance that without making EF awful.

This is what happens when healing scales so much that overhealing has to be rewarded. Why are we rewarding overhealing? :l
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
This is what happens when healing scales so much that overhealing has to be rewarded. Why are we rewarding overhealing? :l

Because somewhere along the way they threw their hands up in the air and said, "Screw it! Making mana matter is too damn difficult!"
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

I think it's fallout from them not going through with the item squish last expansion like they originally planned. It's also part of the reason why i think they are definitely going through with it in some form this time around. Things like overhealing look a lot worse with these huge #s even if the actual percents weren't that bad (and some of the %s are pretty bad), and I've never really understood how they decide how what spell scales with what stat.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
08/19/2013 12:28 PMPosted by Thaimaishu

I think it's fallout from them not going through with the item squish last expansion like they originally planned. It's also part of the reason why i think they are definitely going through with it in some form this time around. Things like overhealing look a lot worse with these huge #s even if the actual percents weren't that bad (and some of the %s are pretty bad), and I've never really understood how they decide how what spell scales with what stat.

While they didn't go through with the item squish, I don't think it's fair to say that's the entire problem. I mean, they chose to do item inflation this expansion unlike anything we've ever seen in a previous expansion. It seems very deliberate on their part.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
While they didn't go through with the item squish, I don't think it's fair to say that's the entire problem. I mean, they chose to do item inflation this expansion unlike anything we've ever seen in a previous expansion. It seems very deliberate on their part.

Don't forget the addition of LFR, and now flex raiding too. Basically it's an entire extra tier of quality added in they have to account for.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
08/19/2013 01:03 PMPosted by Mythrose

Don't forget the addition of LFR, and now flex raiding too. Basically it's an entire extra tier of quality added in they have to account for.

Yes, and it's becoming clear it wasn't really "planned."
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I think it's because everyone complained in early Cata about Triage. That using the slow, single target spells for controlled healing wasn't fun. I mean Resto Shaman mastery is a remnant of that mindset. So Blizzard shifted back to the high spamming, smart AoE heals, and heavy CD usage environment. Controlling mana, spell strength, and raid damage would have been easy but they made a deliberate choice to move away from Triage and inflate ilevels.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The triage model would have been fine if blizzard had tuned their encounters around healers using the triage model.

Hey why did the tank die? Because that stupid priest back there tried to use heal lol /kick.

Regardless of all that long CDs with unpredictable procs are not fun in healing. Il take the cloak for the 5% increase to healing and basically could care less about the overheal portion at this point because I cannot rely on it proccing at a useful time.

At least the lmg still feels legendaryish. Legendary enough for me to care about tracking its proc anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I think it's because everyone complained in early Cata about Triage. That using the slow, single target spells for controlled healing wasn't fun. I mean Resto Shaman mastery is a remnant of that mindset. So Blizzard shifted back to the high spamming, smart AoE heals, and heavy CD usage environment. Controlling mana, spell strength, and raid damage would have been easy but they made a deliberate choice to move away from Triage and inflate ilevels.

I don't think it's fair to say that. There is a happy medium between the train wreck that was Cata's "Triage" model and the ridiculousness we have right now. There IS a happy medium. They just need to figure out how to a) get us there and b) keep us there.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I don't think it's fair to say that. There is a happy medium between the train wreck that was Cata's "Triage" model and the ridiculousness we have right now. There IS a happy medium. They just need to figure out how to a) get us there and b) keep us there.

Honestly i feel like raid cds are a big part of the problem. Many hybrids contribute very heavily to burst healing, to the point where it's starting to feel like world of cooldowncraft. I suspect this is even more prevalent in 25mans.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think that will eventually clash with their "We want paladins to take EF, but we dont want every paladin to take EF". The cloak really favors EF because EF is their biggest source of overhealing compared to the rest of their toolkit; it'll likely become an issue in the long run, but I don't think they can balance that without making EF awful.

It's pretty much the factor of

weak----->strong end game every expansion plays a big part of it. And depending on the healer sometimes there isn't much that can be done about it.

Honestly i feel like raid cds are a big part of the problem. Many hybrids contribute very heavily to burst healing, to the point where it's starting to feel like world of cooldowncraft. I suspect this is even more prevalent in 25mans.

Yeah but to be fair it's not easy balancing fights.

You can either go to the very heavy tuning fights where high dps, high healing is required but not much else. Or where it's heavy emphasized on mechanics. There is a mixture of both too but fights where individual skills are very important aren't as much there though Blizzard hinted that might change.

Maybe a Mario fight is needed.
Edited by Marathel on 8/19/2013 2:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
08/19/2013 02:16 PMPosted by Mythrose

It's already been world of cooldowncraft, but how much of that is Hybrid healing and how much of that is Blizzard creating encounters where CD rotations are necessary to get through them?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
t's already been world of cooldowncraft, but how much of that is Hybrid healing and how much of that is Blizzard creating encounters where CD rotations are necessary to get through them?

I learned what this meant when first doing H maegeara attempts last night.

Don't have a chain of cooldowns for rampage? Instant wipe...

><.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's already been world of cooldowncraft, but how much of that is Hybrid healing and how much of that is Blizzard creating encounters where CD rotations are necessary to get through them?

Generally speaking, the more cd's you have to throw at an encounter, the less intelligent triage decisions will matter. I think removing many (most?) passive healing and hybrid cd's would let them tone down burst, and overall damage intake, and would then allow healing output to be tuned down accordingly.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
The real reason overhealing is so out of control (and it's more out of control now than it ever was in Wrath) is because the developers let absorb mechanics get completely out of control. Their way to respond to the class balance problems that causes (because absorbed damage is always better than healed damage) is to massively overbuff HoT and direct heal based healing so that it is strong enough to compete with absorbs. That results in an overabundance of passive healing, an overabundance of overly powerful raid cooldowns, and results in things like Healing Rain essentially being balanced around ~90% overheal (and still consisting of 25-40% of our healing).

For the good of the game and the good of healing, they really need to get absorbs under control next expansion. For starters, they should replace the Holy Paladin mastery. They then probably need to gut and completely revamp Disc. Disc should not have any absorbs except PW:S, and PW:S probably should be put on 4 -6 second cooldown even for Disc. They need to get ~20% of their healing from absorbs, not ~80%, and then need other non absorb healing mechanics to be brought in to cover the gaps. People may not like it, because they "like the absorb healing style", but it's bad for healing and it's bad for the game. They are better off changing the design intent of one spec than allowing one spec to effectively break balance completely and ruin it for 5 others.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]