Healer Challenge (Celestial Blessings quest)

(Locked)

Ok, for some reason I am really really struggling on this quest.

I can't seem to keep both myself and Wrathion alive.

The adds keep coming and I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I watched a video of another shaman doing the quest and he breezed through it.
Can anyone give me some suggestions or help with this?

Adds + Rain of Fire + Fixate on Wrathion seems to be impossibly difficult to keep us both up during.
Edited by Mokra on 8/20/2013 11:30 PM PDT
90 Draenei Shaman
Ok, for some reason I am really really struggling on this quest.

I can't seem to keep both myself and Wrathion alive.

The adds keep coming and I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I watched a video of another shaman doing the quest and he breezed through it.
Can anyone give me some suggestions or help with this?

Adds + Rain of Fire + Fixate on Wrathion seems to be impossibly difficult to keep us both up during.

idk, I was intoxicated while I did it (not mentioned to make you feel like !@#$, mentioned to indicate I... uh, can't remember what I did to be successful :( ... )

... it did have some moments of... "uh oh, am I going to not make it through, with my ankh on cooldown?"

Here's what I remember I did:

- popped my fire ele for extra dps, pretty much on cooldown. I think once, I had the presence of mind to pop my earth ele, when I got focused/NPC got CC'd

- Hit Stone Bulwark Totem a lot, no matter what's happening.

- SLT yourself/the NPC a lot - gives a 10% damage reduction on top of the "health redistribultion that's so vital for certain raid mechanics.

- HST on cooldown, and CotE on cooldown after HST.

- HTT when things get bad... tho perhaps AG might be better? Not sure. Worth thinking about...

-Flametongue totem, or replace with Magma totem, depending how many adds, when fire Elemental Totem's on cooldown.

- Ghost Wolf to get to anvils when the close ones are used up :(

- Glyph of Telluric Currents - you're going to be Lightning Bolting a lot, might as well.

- remember to hit Hero when you have an NPC's help! Also use Fire Ele at that point, *and* Stormlash Totem.

... I got to do the above multiple times (uh... maybe even hero'd twice? I can't remember).
Edited by Ellarix on 8/20/2013 10:41 PM PDT
Sorry, guess I was a little vague in my frustrated state.

I'm talking about the Celestial Blessings quest after getting the Thunder King's heart.

You seem to be talking about the quest in the Thunder Forge that involves the spear.
90 Draenei Shaman

I'm talking about the Celestial Blessings quest after getting the Thunder King's heart.

You seem to be talking about the quest in the Thunder Forge that involves the spear.

Yep - the Celestial Blessing's involved there, too ;)
Edited by Ellarix on 8/20/2013 11:42 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin

Quit being a drunk d-bag.

Don't forget that as you heal, you get more and more powerful in terms of hurting DW, you should use an instant attack like a shock to hit the DW apparition as you can. It's all about balancing the heals and then using an instant for an instant attack on DW
90 Draenei Shaman

My apologies; my "winking smile" was not intended as anything other than laughing at myself for not realizing he was talking about a different part of the quest, my friend. My responses to the OP had nothing to do with alchohol or the lack of alchohol, other than the alcohol that was involved the night I did the part of the questline I believed I was providing assistance with.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Try doing dps one as ele if you can pull around 100k dps with some moving. Killing adds there is a key and you can do it easily with chain lightning.
100 Tauren Druid
I failed my first attempt.

Second attempt I kept my focus on the little add spawns -- as each one bubbled alive, I'd shoot a Moonfire on them, which usually killed them after a couple ticks. Kept a HoT rolling on myself, and then alternated healing Wrathion and smacking DW around. After a few minutes -- sucess.
I managed to get it today on my first attempt.

Thanks for the pointers, I was focusing too much on trying to damage DW before I guess.

Also, not using healing surge enough. That kid sure is squishy =P
100 Night Elf Priest
took me ages to find the right combination of things to make it work for me... lol.... like more pulls than I care to admit. Turns out that lolgrip works on Wrathion... makes a nice breather on the missile-y thingies... also... divine star is sexy for the stupid little adds that were driving me insane... lol
100 Human Priest
lolgrip worked on Wrathion!?!?!

I did not try that, at all, and it would of made a missile phase trivial.
90 Night Elf Druid
never had a problem on the healing one on both my druids :/ only had a problem on my rogue

guess druid hots to OP
Edited by Nillie on 8/21/2013 1:05 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Priest
lolgrip worked on Wrathion!?!?!

I did not try that, at all, and it would of made a missile phase trivial.

yes... yes it did... rofl... I was shocked too... but not enough to complain. ;)
My biggest gripe is that my healing totems did not heal Wrathion at all during the encounter.

So my only on the move heals outside of Spiritwalkers Grace was from Riptide/Earthshield.

Considering the damage Wrathion takes on a hit, both were negligible.
100 Night Elf Priest

This made me laugh. Ellarix is one of the sweetest people I know.

@Mokra:

Grats on getting it! I can't believe your totems didn't heal him. :( That sucks. Did you use HR at all? It seems like the range would be sufficient to keep him in it for the most part. (My shaman might never see that part of the quest, but it would be good to know.)
90 Tauren Druid
1shot this with ease, and like someone else, I was also highly intoxicated.

I'm not trying to be a smart !@#$, or elitist. What I remember of this 'challenge' is that iirc it was just about multitasking.

If you ever played arena competitively (something I recommend all healers at least learn for a couple months, then quit like I did) it teaches you very fast reflexes, instincts and how/when to use ALL of your toolkit - Not just PvE stuff - all in a matter of seconds.
All of these tools enable you to multitask better, and if you can do that, this challenge becomes trivial.

Short answer, try more competitive pvp, or PvE healing under more duress (stress heals, run with less healers etc)

Note; PvP used to teach/hone such skills back when I pvp'd, when you know...pvp was actually good...van/bc. I have no clue whether it would offer the same type of atmosphere, as well...gearscaling utterly destroyed PvP.
100 Draenei Shaman
I've done this twice now. Once on my shaman as a healer, and once on a friend's shaman (she was having trouble).

Basically:

1) Earth shield on Wrathion
2) Heaing stream down all the time
3) Stone bulwark totem down whenever an add is on you
4) Magma totem when you have multiple adds on you.
5) Healing Wave glyph

Stay out of the circle of death, when deathwing leaves block the bolts with your body, keep healing rain down when you gotta move instead of heal. I found this effective and one shot it both times.

Couple of other things:
1) Go to your "Landing" site in Krasarang and hire all the NPCs for buffs. You can get ~7 buffs that will help a lot.
2) Get the Celestial Offering too, for an additional buff.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I ran this as "shockadin." My goal was to not let Wrathion tank. We take significantly less damage from the boss than Wrath does, so it's far easier to just heal myself than him.

That said...

1) Set target & beacon on Wrath.
2) Righteous Fury
3) Beat on boss, and move out of garbage.
4) Save aoe for blobs
5) Eat the flying shards.
6) Rince & repeat as needed.
90 Undead Priest
I one shot this... easy peasy..
90 Pandaren Priest

Don't forget that as you heal, you get more and more powerful in terms of hurting DW, you should use an instant attack like a shock to hit the DW apparition as you can. It's all about balancing the heals and then using an instant for an instant attack on DW

you are the worst person in the universe, forever
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]