Ok, for some reason I am really really struggling on this quest.
I can't seem to keep both myself and Wrathion alive.
The adds keep coming and I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.
I watched a video of another shaman doing the quest and he breezed through it.
Can anyone give me some suggestions or help with this?
Adds + Rain of Fire + Fixate on Wrathion seems to be impossibly difficult to keep us both up during.
idk, I was intoxicated while I did it (not mentioned to make you feel like !@#$, mentioned to indicate I... uh, can't remember what I did to be successful :( ... )
... it did have some moments of... "uh oh, am I going to not make it through, with my ankh on cooldown?"
Here's what I remember I did:
- popped my fire ele for extra dps, pretty much on cooldown. I think once, I had the presence of mind to pop my earth ele, when I got focused/NPC got CC'd
- Hit Stone Bulwark Totem a lot, no matter what's happening.
- SLT yourself/the NPC a lot - gives a 10% damage reduction on top of the "health redistribultion that's so vital for certain raid mechanics.
- HST on cooldown, and CotE on cooldown after HST.
- HTT when things get bad... tho perhaps AG might be better? Not sure. Worth thinking about...
-Flametongue totem, or replace with Magma totem, depending how many adds, when fire Elemental Totem's on cooldown.
- Ghost Wolf to get to anvils when the close ones are used up :(
- Glyph of Telluric Currents - you're going to be Lightning Bolting a lot, might as well.
- remember to hit Hero when you have an NPC's help! Also use Fire Ele at that point, *and* Stormlash Totem.
... I got to do the above multiple times (uh... maybe even hero'd twice? I can't remember).