Healer Challenge (Celestial Blessings quest)

(Locked)

90 Worgen Druid
The adds have like no health. Literally their health pools are so tiny I just got kitty form and use swipe twice and they are falling over. I think they had like 40k health? Maybe 60k? They don't hit too hard but hard enough that you should just use some weak aoe and kill them in a few seconds.

For the missile things it's better to just run in circles and eat the hits while throwing some heals on yourself. Wrathion seems to take a lot of damage from them compared to what I was taking.

IDK did it in one attempt and was really easy. I was almost shocked at how little health those slime adds had.
90 Pandaren Monk
Stupid thing is bugged, I completed this twice and shows complete on quest, but no question mark wont allow me to get cloak. After ALL this time STILL bugged Blizzard...REALLY? Unreal!
100 Night Elf Druid
I only did this a couple of days ago but it was pretty easy as a druid. The adds die so fast I just either healed myself and tanked everything or let wrathion do it a couple of times. glad to hear you got it down!

as for the quest turn in, I can't remember, was the turn in there or back at his inn/place where he does the cinematics when he gives you stuff?
100 Night Elf Priest
Stupid thing is bugged, I completed this twice and shows complete on quest, but no question mark wont allow me to get cloak. After ALL this time STILL bugged Blizzard...REALLY? Unreal!

Silly question that I only ask because my... uh... "friend"... yeah, my friend.... had this problem. Did you go visit all 4 temples already? Even after you complete the challenge part, you still have to visit all the temples to complete the entire quest.
100 Gnome Monk
12/05/2013 08:47 AMPosted by Arkista
I only did this a couple of days ago but it was pretty easy as a druid. The adds die so fast I just either healed myself and tanked everything or let wrathion do it a couple of times. glad to hear you got it down!

I suspect the ease of this is spec dependent. I just punched death wing in the face until he gave me a cloak. My friend, a resto shaman, was completely disgusted when he heard I one shot it.

12/05/2013 11:42 AMPosted by Zoevil
Silly question that I only ask because my... uh... "friend"... yeah, my friend.... had this problem. Did you go visit all 4 temples already? Even after you complete the challenge part, you still have to visit all the temples to complete the entire quest.

Yeah, there's also a spot in the quest chain right before the thunder forge where in hind sight it's duh easy but when you're there you sit there and scratch your head.
99 Troll Shaman
I don't know what you might find difficult about it. I failed 1st attempt, 2nd went fine.

You should try proving grounds endless lol.
100 Night Elf Druid
I seem to be having an unusual ammount of difficulty with this quest. Had a little trouble in the forge and now I cant seem to get past this section. I am not quite sure what I have been doing wrong. I have tried it a few times with no luck.

I attack DW and pull agro then he fixates on Wrathion and I never get aggro again. Easily healed through the earth elementals blasting at him, I just stood still getting hit by one stream and healing him through the other three. The adds go down super fast with a simple Hurricane.

After the earth elementals blast at him I cant keep up my healing on Wrathion and still attack DW or the adds at that point, I just focus everything I have on keeping the little guy alive since I have to keep moivng from the adds or the rain of fire and only get a chance to finish the adds after DW dissappears which uses up my stacks of damage from healing so much.

I cannot seem to DPS DW down and keep myself and Wrathion alive.
90 Gnome Warlock
I can't' seem to keep Wrathion's health up -- if I stop healing for even long enough to do a self heal he lies down in defeat. Am I just that poorly spec'd out? With lvl 542 gear - I would think that I could keep him healed faster than DW can damage. I am spamming heals with penance and PW:S thrown in on CD. When I hit DW I use Smite and the address the ADDS with Divine Star. While I am burning Mana - it appears that would not run out.

I've lost count of how many times I have tried -- so fundamentally something I'm doing is wrong.

Toon is Flirn - Eonar - US -- Disc Priest

Suggestions welcome.
90 Draenei Paladin
01/01/2014 10:01 PMPosted by Jilbeb
I can't' seem to keep Wrathion's health up

I was going to be a smartass and say your problem is you're a warlock, but you were actually polite enough to detail stuff.
As far as I remember, I mostly used Atonement when doing this questline on my priest. Divine Star is definitely good for the adds.
Regarding your priest, your gemming/reforging is sadly incorrect. Disc Priests love crit. Haste is generally their worst stat. Gemming spirit at that gear level *should* really be unnecessary.

If you need to self heal and he needs healing, try Binding Heal.

Anyway, make sure you guard Wrathion from the bolts that get sent at him from 4 directions. I'm not sure what else could be the issue.

On a more general note, I do think that of the 4 healers I did this quest on, Shaman was the hardest. Monk was easiest (though I spent the entire fight tanking), then Priest.

If you're having issues doing the fight as Disc, you could try swapping to Holy. Just make sure you spec into your level 90 talent and fix your glyphs before starting the fight.
100 Night Elf Priest
something to keep in mind on a priest, Wrathion's squishy little butt is lol-grippable. =)

It took me about 30 pulls at about a 525 ish ilvl to get this done. I had to set my vuhdo up to show target of target so I could be spamming atonement on DW and still easily get heals to Wrathion when he needed them. I gripped him out of the missile barrage and used that time regroup/mana up/whatever. And DS was the best thing I found for the adds too. It might take a few tries, but I have no doubt you'll get it. =)
90 Blood Elf Priest
something to keep in mind on a priest, Wrathion's squishy little butt is lol-grippable. =)

It took me about 30 pulls at about a 525 ish ilvl to get this done. I had to set my vuhdo up to show target of target so I could be spamming atonement on DW and still easily get heals to Wrathion when he needed them. I gripped him out of the missile barrage and used that time regroup/mana up/whatever. And DS was the best thing I found for the adds too. It might take a few tries, but I have no doubt you'll get it. =)

30 pulls? I just spammed smite and it was over. I'm actually confused as how you guys are wiping to this.

In regards to showing target of target, as disc you should have all your damaging spells macroed to attack you target's target when you're selecting a friendly unit. In this case, you never need to select the boss. You always target a friendly unit, even when doing damage.
100 Night Elf Priest

30 pulls? I just spammed smite and it was over. I'm actually confused as how you guys are wiping to this.

In regards to showing target of target, as disc you should have all your damaging spells macroed to attack you target's target when you're selecting a friendly unit. In this case, you never need to select the boss. You always target a friendly unit, even when doing damage.

ummm.... given that you just got your cloak 16 hours ago, I'm going to guess that you had somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 ilvl's on me when I did it. That makes a pretty significant difference. Also Please do bear in mind that what is easy for you may very well be challenging for others. fwiw, I one shot it on my druid last week at 532.

While I certainly appreciate the tips on targeting macro's, I have not run into a need for them before that particular encounter or since it. With as limited as my uses for them would be, it was much easier and quicker to change the view in my healing frames.
90 Pandaren Priest
I'd like to echo what Zoe said - gear makes an enormous difference in this fight.
90 Gnome Warlock
First thank you all who replied - positive or negative - you took the time to make a comment.

After reading all of the comments I completed the quest -- First I did some changes in my reforge and gems based upon the comments (got rid of a lot of haste - thanks again) and I switched from using binding heal to greater heal -- that made a tremendous difference in the heals they went from the 40/50k to over 120k. Next I pulled Wration out of the center when the elementals were throwing and spent that time healing Wathiion and myself. I kept Divine Star - for the most part it downed the spawns in one shot. Mind Sear easily cleaned up any left overs. A Psychic Scream seem to keep DW off my !@# long enough for Wrathion to pick him up again.

In quick summary going to the greater heals seem to make the biggest difference in keeping Wathion's health up. The rest seemed to me to be more mechanics and technique.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I just cannot seem to keep Wrathion alive ... and those AOEs DW throws beat me up too. Any HOLY paladins able to do this?
100 Human Paladin
04/14/2014 08:11 PMPosted by Enolarae
I just cannot seem to keep Wrathion alive ... and those AOEs DW throws beat me up too. Any HOLY paladins able to do this?

Yes but I'll admit it took me a while (found it *much* easier on my holy priest). From what I remember you need to keep moving to stay out of aoe. I had to play around with my glyphs and talents to get a combo that worked for me. The most important thing was to keep Wrath above 50% health. If I let him slip below, the fight would get away from me and he'd die. I'm sorry it was a while ago and I don't remember all the details but it's definitely do-able (my gear was a *lot* lower than it is now too).
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I found that keeping to the outside of the "ring" helped to keep me from having to heal myself until late in the fight. Got it now. Thanks.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I,ve been haveing a real hard time on this on my pally...with my shammie and holy priest it was a one shot each while in tot gear.....yet a fully flex and lfr geared holy pally and its kicking my butt.
any hints that could help?
100 Human Paladin
The main thing I remember was that I focused mainly on keeping Wrath up and didn't bother dpsing the boss much at all. I also tried to keep Wrathion from being damaged by bolts by standing in as many as I could. I kited the adds as much as I could in between healing Wrath. I think I put Beacon on myself and tried to avoid the ground aoe so I wasn't struggling to heal myself and Wrath at the same time.

Like I said above it took me a frustrating amount of time to get this one. It took way less effort on my holy priest.

(e) part of the problem for paladins is we have very few aoe damage options to get the adds down (and they hit hard) so you end up having to kite and single target them down. I think Eternal Flame is a better option for this fight, just in case you are a Selfless Healer pally. Keep EFs rolling on you and Wrath at all times.
Edited by Sarakatawen on 4/17/2014 7:26 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Shaman
Put Earth Shield on Wrathion (obviously), put down healing rain and stay close to him except when he's standing aoe's and cleaves (cause he's stupid like that). Chain heal when u have to to heal urself and him. Throw down your elemental totems when they're up and ur aoe fire totem to get the blobs and apparition when it's not (and I used rock ele and fire totem at the same time too). Don't use big heals unless u have to.and I tried to do it during intermission (when apparition was gone). Mana management is key; I didn't have a problem but I was using very few large heals throughout the fight -- maybe 3 times total. Wrathion only got to about 50% health once during the fight and I didn't use that much mana (stuck to healing); main thing... don't panic.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]