PVP healing

90 Undead Warlock
Okay I am looking to do some pvp healing, I like to do random bgs and pocket heal one person or maybe some 2's. I am open to any class and spec but I prefer keeping 1 target as a god like figure that noone can kill, any suggestions?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
any opinions?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Resto shaman or Holy pally. If you are doing 2s, probably shaman, as they have better utility.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
If you just want to do randoms and 2s then any healer will work. You should pick the one you like the most since they all play differently. Disc is currently strong in 2s but healers go up and down in terms of relative strength like all classes so just go with the one you like the most.

I would suggest not pocket healing in randoms, it won't help your team win. TBH, that player likely wont notice you healing him anyway...you're much better off putting yourself in the right spot and healing whoever is close by.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I pvp as a holy priest and (I know ppl are gonna disagree) but I find it pretty OP. I do it in full PVE gear and it takes a lot to kill me. I can speed bubble run, cast instant heals, Leap of faith ppl in trouble (or my flag carrier), POM like crazy, drop lightwells, dispel, AND (the best thing) I can heal when I'm dead!!! lol

To stay alive, I have dispels, speed bubbles, renew, POM, fear, roots, wings, and void shift.

Works for me and I love it! :) Have fun with whatever you choose.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I pvp as a holy priest and (I know ppl are gonna disagree) but I find it pretty OP. I do it in full PVE gear and it takes a lot to kill me. I can speed bubble run, cast instant heals, Leap of faith ppl in trouble (or my flag carrier), POM like crazy, drop lightwells, dispel, AND (the best thing) I can heal when I'm dead!!! lol

To stay alive, I have dispels, speed bubbles, renew, POM, fear, roots, wings, and void shift.

Works for me and I love it! :) Have fun with whatever you choose.

Why would anyone disagree :P? They are op ;) But so are some other classes. Random bgs and arenas are a little different though.

As said, any heal will be fine. I prefer the mobility of a druid or a monk but find I am more tanky on my disc priest. It really just depends on what play style you think you'd enjoy and be the most comfortable with :D
Edited by Veroicone on 8/18/2013 5:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I was thinking a Disc priest could spam heal 1 person and make them godlike, that sounds accurate?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
I was thinking a Disc priest could spam heal 1 person and make them godlike, that sounds accurate?

Sounds more like you are looking for a Hpally. And no, that does not sound accurate at all. You are not going to get a chance to do that, unless you are playing against a bunch of baddies in which case you should probably just help dps them down to get it over with.

It is always You that you need to make god like.

Each class has it's own tricks for staying alive, which is what you do before you even look to help your partner, or team mates. There is a reason they are after you, always after you.

Personally I really like the H priests bag of tricks, Alluradienaa did a good job of giving the style a quick overview.

You do more to help your team mates out by staying alive.

There will be a few exceptions to this. I love the few times I managed to get a Divine Hymn off in the middle of a battleground (Hehe, they did not just let me do that)

But no, your model does not sound correct at all.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
^ Basically :P

There have been several times where I was able to fully cap my spiritshells on people whether it be an arena match, rbg, or just a bg but even then it doesn't make anyone "god like".
Reply Quote
20 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm so sad cause no one, anywhere says good things about holy pallies. It happens that I like this little healer but if later on things will just get harder and harder just cause this spec is not loved by game designers, I'll delete it and roll a priest.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
They're buffing pallies a little bit in pvp next patch like giving them 30 second CD on wall. All is not lost. Meanwhile druids and priests become even more godly for some reason.. No one knows.

To the OP: all the healers can potentially do very well in pvp. If you never plan on swapping targets while you heal though, keeping one person up forever, as if they were a god, (in your words,) you might be better off pvping on a blood DK.
Edited by Anoru on 8/19/2013 9:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Holy pallys have always been strong healers in my opinion. The only thing I don't like in the upcoming patch is the the seal of insight no longer gives us mana regen. I really loved that. Oh and Eternal Flame will no longer apply our mastery absorb on ticks :(

For 2's any healer will do. Disc is really strong and Monks are pretty OP.
Edited by Holyioan on 8/20/2013 6:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
All healers have their strengths. I pvp on a druid and my disc priest and they both have benefits. I love being nasty-offensive on my priest and tank-ish and I love being an escape artist and on the fly healer with my druid. You can run around god-like on any healers around a bunch of baddies, you will get rofflestomped on any healers around good dps. That's just how it works.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I personally love my holy paladin. She's my main and I started healing at 85. I leveled as a prot (was okay game play), then I went retribution cause I had never tried it and had even more fun than Prot, Then I went Holy. Best choice I ever made. I am in love with healing in PvP because I just have so many abilities to help keep everyone alive and my heals are huge. Also, who wouldn't want to be a plate wearing healer? Lol :D
I also have a 90 monk and she is really fun to play also. I would recommend either but, of course my holy paladin is my favorite and always will be. I'll always be healing whether I am the "weakest" healer or not. In the end you should stick with the healer you find funnest and you are good at :) course you need to have fun whether you are best at that class or not. Have fun and hope you find a great healing spec you enjoy.
Reply Quote
19 Human Priest
Holy priests have lots up their sleeve. I leveled my main from 45 to max solely in pvp and had a blast.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]