MPPM: Pocket Reaver

Blizzard Employee
One of the coolest memories I have of first visiting Hellfire Peninsula was encountering the Fel Reaver. His size was certainly intimidating, but what really got me was his roar. To this day, that sound is still one of my favorites in game!

Major Payne is back and his orders this week are for you to procure a Pocket Reaver. Some of you may have one already, so be sure to chime in and let us know what you think of this little bag of bolts.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Cute.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
hmm how do you get one?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I'm waiting for when you do one on Pugs Crithto. Waiting...
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
hmm how do you get one?

Drops in Tempest Keep.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
08/16/2013 03:11 PMPosted by Jalae
hmm how do you get one?

Fight Void Reaver in Tempest Keep.

Quoting from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10646142/

Look, it’s no mystery that you frequently visit The Eye in order to find the elusive Ashes of A’lar—ha ha, I have three of them!—so sending you back in to take down a monstrosity like the Void Reaver shouldn’t trouble your precious souls too much.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
One of the coolest memories I have of first visiting Hellfire Peninsula was encountering the Fel Reaver. His size was certainly intimidating, but what really got me was his roar. To this day, that sound is still one of my favorites in game!

Major Payne is [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10646142/"]back[/url] and his orders this week are for you to procure a Pocket Reaver. Some of you may have one already, so be sure to chime in and let us know what you think of this little bag of bolts.
I still start to run when I hear the roar. Even if I'm on one of my 90s.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Monk
I still start to run when I hear the roar. Even if I'm on one of my 90s.

As someone who was ganked back during BC i approve this message. The saying, "That thing came out of nowhere" applies to this thing.

Back to the Pocket Reaver though, seems like a decent pet but gets outclassed by a lot of the other mechanical pets. Looks to be a rather strong Quake pet though, would fit well on a lighting team.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Excellent pet, one of my favorite mechanical pets out there.

For PVP, I use him to chip away at enemies HP with Fel Immolate + Quake. If you're using the H/H build, he'll last a while, or if you're using P/P he'll dish out some great numbers.

For PVE, again, great to use to chip away at pets. IF you're having trouble with the DMF Trainer, use this pet to make your life very easy. Pocket Reaver will have no issues with the eye, as mechs are strong against magic. Quake away, and watch the Tonk/Monkeys HP start to drop fast. :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
If only it dropped. I got Ashes of Al'ar before this, same for the Astromancer pet.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
I farmed mine up took only about 5 trips to TK.... I go hang out in Hellfire for some PVP action from time to time and I kill the Fel Reaver when I see him come stomping by. He did always seem to come out of no where and crush me when I was questing back in the day.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
I was amazed by the AI of the Fel Reaver. I was playing my rogue when one of them confronted me. I figured stealth should work. The Reaver bent over and looked at me, then stood up and started to laugh in a wheezy sort of manner, then stomped me to a pulp. I was very impressed that they had programmed that ability to detect and see through my stealth and actually make it a, to the fel reaver, laughing matter.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
I remember being on my druid at the southern end of the Rampart, slicing up orcs there for some quest. My druid was one of my later toons so I knew about the Fel Reaver, but having been max level on this and a couple other toons took away my fear of the Reaver.

But then, I heard That Noise.

I still can't describe or mimic it. I have to log on and go to HFP and find one of those blasted things if I want to describe the terror they induced when we were level 60ish. And it was worse when we were land-bound until 70.

I was pretty much land-bound on my druid when the Fel Reaver stepped through the gap in the Ramparts RIGHT BEHIND THE MOB I WAS CUTTING UP cuz no flappy while fite. You know, I tank with that druid now; and I don't think I have ever blown as many cooldowns as the last member standing in a raid with a boss at 2% health as I did that day when this happened. (I think someone recently broke my record for the Ramparts-to-Thrallmar dash.)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
OMG! Your post has me laughing so hard right now. I know the feeling though. I had nearly forgotten about his butt and when I went to take an alt through there, a squishy lock no less, I was minding my own, when all of a sudden that sound. I think I peed myself as the realization of just how close he is before you hear that set in and I took off like a shot...and right into a waiting 90 who ganked me. Then took down the Reaver just to rub salt in my wounds. I am so going to go for this little guy to commemorate that sound which makes even seasoned players squeak like schoolchildren and hide under the bed.
Edited by Elandimete on 8/16/2013 9:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
hahahah 1st time i saw 1 i felt the ground shake violently, heard this bowel clenching bellow as several toons ran like the clappers past me. I turned around to see what was happening & all i could see was a massive foot stomp on my warriors head. It was like BC was saying 'Welcome to my world'. If i can manage to get 1 of those as a pet it will be this toons main pet when he's out & about. ps now i ho there just to return the favour & jump on his head, yes i know that the NPC is emotionally stunted so that it won't go emo lol, but it's a nice bit of revenge on my part & i do it just because i now can :}
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
My first encounter with the Fel Reaver was a sneak attack that pounded me into dust. To this day, whenever I meet the Fel Reaver, I kill it, brutally and without remorse. If I'm feeling peckish, I go hunting for them. Now that I know they're in a dungeon, I'll expand my hunting grounds. Be afraid, Fel Reaver, be very afraid.
Reply Quote
08/16/2013 02:59 PMPosted by Crithto

You should have seen them in beta. They used regular-sized bear models, so you didn't think anything of them walking toward you, until the ground started shaking and you got ganked inside out.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Major Payne is [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10646142/"]back[/url] and his orders this week are for you to procure a Pocket Reaver. Some of you may have one already, so be sure to chime in and let us know what you think of this little bag of bolts.

My boobs bounce when he comes around.

Even in plate.

Someone had to animate this.
Edited by Gylei on 8/17/2013 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
These statements are so spot on!! A good chuckle ensued.

@Cadmius - I'm the same way about Bellygrub in Redridge. EVERY time I'm even remotely near there, I go crush his head to to exact revenge for the early days of needing 2 or 3 players at level (depending on class.

Now... you can \wave at him and kill him...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
The fel reaver was really noisy and shook the ground. I never got surprised by him once. It was the Devilsaurs in Un'Goro that were the real problem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]