Question for Alliance

90 Human Priest
How is world PvP? I understand that Horde out number Alliance on this server and that totally fine, I actually prefer it. what im more concerned with is does it happen? Is the server unbalance game breaking for alliance world pvp? I would be looking for both solo and small to large group world PvP, on my current server its very rare to find much action at all.

Do world boss kill groups still take place? I cant remember the last time I've even seen a group start up, and the last two I tried to participate in fell apart due to lack of participation.

Im asking because from what I've read has lead me to look towards this server as a new home for my alliance characters. At this point I am only attached to the name of my server and nothing more as all my friends in game and most of my IRL friends, have moved on. Its hard to find groups for just about anything most times and I am still interested in trying to keep the game fun for myself.
Reply Quote
WPvP is alive on this realm but 9 times out of 10 it's large scale which really really sucks. One big guild "Ruinous" is the main wpvp guild on alliance and they just zerg 90% of the time. SWBRB does 15v15 or around that. World bosses do happen, but not nearly as often as on horde. You will get you world bosses every week though, one way or another.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
World bosses do happen, but not nearly as often as on horde. You will get you world bosses every week though, one way or another.

Yea SWBRB and Ruinous usually (Idk if you guys still do it) take over world bosses for a few spawns and make sure people get their weekly kills for Alliance.

He really was right about the 9/10 times being 15+ people fighting. Its fun when its 1v1 or 2v3 but it's rare.
Reply Quote
To save a lot of time...

Ruinous = Large scale (bring 3 raid groups for 10 people) and have fun casting an instant for 30 seconds. They do world bosses every tuesday with 4+ raids as to assure their success.

SWBRB = get in, kill shiz, get out and have a good laugh.

EDIT: Ginger Snaps = stealthy hit man squads for hire (if you want a horde dead, they're your guys!)

everything else is either dead, full of dead beats, wintraders, or dormant until 5.4

As far as PvE guilds (if you're wondering) with Huge in Japan on horde now, there's not many 'good' pve guilds left on alli. There's a few, but not many.
Edited by Tobi on 8/20/2013 8:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
This server has great wpvp. And that is coming from a Ginger. I throw a rock and hit 3 horde with it. Yes we are out numbered and that leads to several 1v2, 1v3 situations. but its fun. We have several strong wpvp guilds. SWBRB, Lethal, Ruinous, Ginger Snaps to name a few. Not to say the Horde dosent have stronk guilds as well. I believe if you come here you will not be disappointed. But with that being said, It is a very similar situation on Bleeding Hollow as well.
Only difference being our Largest wpvp guild on this server(Ruinous) is alliance whereas on BH its Ironwolf Clan and they are horde.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
BTW, Tobi that is not nice. The Gingers are alive and kickin.
Reply Quote
Lethal

I KNOW you didn't just throw them in there......
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt1gtcNYwY1r2a4s5o4_500.gif
Reply Quote

fixed.
Why are you a ginger >:o you're not even a stealthy!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Thanks for all the replies!

As far as PvE guilds (if you're wondering) with Huge in Japan on horde now, there's not many 'good' pve guilds left on alli. There's a few, but not many.

As I would be bringing 2 characters over, one PvP oriented and the other PvE it was a thought although wPvP is what im most into, LFR is so drab are there ever normal mode pugs or do either of the guilds you mentioned(Ruinous/SWBRB) field 10 mans at all? I wouldn't mind doing content but a healthy balance for me is usually like 90% PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Hey, Lethal has never wronged me. I am not going to trash talk them.

Well, in all honesty, I got bored in swbrb. nothing against yall, great group of people, just got bored. Also, I am a Ginger because all I do is gank... Literally, all day. The gingers are pretty sick in the head, so I fit in.

It is pretty cool running around "solo" on the Isle or somewhere, have 2-3 people try to kill me, and 15 stealthies come out and decimate said attackers.
Reply Quote
08/20/2013 08:38 AMPosted by Tobi

fixed.
Why are you a ginger >:o you're not even a stealthy!

he's not the only one

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/kiljaeden/Ginger_Snaps/roster?page=1&character=shaduuken
Reply Quote
Thanks for all the replies!

As I would be bringing 2 characters over, one PvP oriented and the other PvE it was a thought although wPvP is what im most into, LFR is so drab are there ever normal mode pugs or do either of the guilds you mentioned(Ruinous/SWBRB) field 10 mans at all? I wouldn't mind doing content but a healthy balance for me is usually like 90% PvP.

From what I last gathered they have been putting together a 10 man raid group (Ruinous) I dunno about SWBRB. I'm pretty sure their main focus is pvp.

BE WARNED! By joining Ruinous I'm telling right off the bat, you will have a target on your back from the start. By joining that guild you'll be called a baddie, all of horde will target you in the world, and a lot of sh*t talkers will be whispering you just based on you being in that guild alone. Ruinous is practically hated by all of horde AND alliance. JUST AN FYI.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Seth you are soo smart! how did you find all of us?

Every single person that has a lvl 90 stealth class in the guild is allowed to bring in alts.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Some would say that is the best part about being in Ruinous.
Reply Quote
08/20/2013 08:43 AMPosted by Shaduuken
Hey, Lethal has never wronged me. I am not going to trash talk them.

You don't have to trash talk them, just don't add them to the wpvp group, they do NOTHING in wpvp cept sit in shrine saying in trade "JOIN KJ'S #1 WPVP ORIENTED GUILD!"...........

he's not the only one

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/kiljaeden/Ginger_Snaps/roster?page=1&character=shaduuken

WHAT IS THIS?! For a guild to promote itself as an all stealth guild and allow...THEM inside?? LIES AND SLANDER I SAY! YE SHALL BE PUNISHED FOR THY SINS!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Gingers > All. nuff said
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
SWBRB will be fooling around with some flex raiding in order to get the mount one day a week. Only other PvE we do is lots do lfr, some do xmog runs in old instances, and world bosses. Focus is on WPvP, RBG, and some do Arena things and such. Oh and we are the #1 WPvPvERP guild on server.

I have toons in both PvE and PvP guilds for obvious reasons. There are many 10 man guilds on Ally and a 25 man or maybe two but the majority of Ally 25 man PvE guilds jumped ship and faction swapped to fill their raids as there are so many 10 mans now hard to fill a 25 with the faction imbalance.

PvP though is not really "dominated" by one side or other despite the larger amount of Horde. Whoever initiates the battle and comes in coordinated and ready usually takes the prize so wins/losses WPvP wise pretty even.
Reply Quote
SWBRB will be fooling around with some flex raiding in order to get the mount one day a week

Wait, mount? who wha-??? WHAT MOUNT, I MUST HAVE IT! WHAT IS ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!?!?!?!?!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Lethal was camping Pang's Stead the other day and my horde friends were complaining about it. Claiming Lethal doesn't do any world pvp is just stupid, even if they're not as out as much as Ruinous or SWBRB.

There are also tons of Alliance not associated with any mentioned guilds that do wpvp. It's just there also a ton of Horde out there too.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
^^ Agreed
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]