Elly's Exceptionelle Eggs Benedict(Healer OT)

90 Draenei Paladin
You could just use radians...
90 Draenei Shaman
It makes sense such that a minute is a 1/60'th of something, it probably has it's roots in language I assume?

/still pissed off
Edited by Ellarix on 8/23/2013 7:10 AM PDT
90 Troll Priest
I pretty much always use radians. I've been known to convert physics problems into radians, work the problem out in radians, and put ti back into degrees. Just have to remember to be specific/ocd/meticulous so I don't mess something up in trivial conversions.
Edited by Naér on 8/23/2013 7:19 AM PDT
100 Tauren Druid
08/23/2013 06:50 AMPosted by Kipery
World PvP can be interesting as well.

Last night, we had a bunch of Alliance using the exploit in Two Moons to get under our Shrine and /yell insults. Being an imbalanced server, it took us a while to get a group together, but we eventually went down and wiped them. (Fun fact, if you use Typhoon on someone standing near the edge of the exploit area, it will DC them.) They then got a larger group, and parked outside Two Moons, still /yelling insults. So we eventually got a larger group and drove them back to their Shrine. World PvP is fun!

Fun fact, a parsec (around 3.25 lightyears) is one arc second as measured from the sun.

And as a side note, a light year is a measurement of distance, not time! I think it was the original Star Wars that used either parsecs or light years incorrectly.

Nautical miles are typically used for ocean travel thus the name.

They are also used exclusively in air travel, as the term for velocity based on nautical miles is knots (1 nm/per hour = 1 knot).
Edited by Pipikaula on 8/23/2013 7:28 AM PDT
90 Troll Priest
And as a side note, a light year is a measurement of distance, not time! I think it was the original Star Wars that used either parsecs or light years incorrectly.

That always annoyed me.
100 Gnome Monk

In the original Star Wars Hans Solo claimed to have done the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs. The rationalization was that Hans found a shorter but more dangerous route filled with asteroids and stuff thus making a distance measurement make sense.
100 Tauren Druid
In the original Star Wars Hans Solo claimed to have done the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs. The rationalization was that Hans found a shorter but more dangerous route filled with asteroids and stuff thus making a distance measurement make sense.

The other rationalization was that Han Solo is an idiot, which is far more plausible. A good looking idiot, but an idiot nonetheless.

And reading the Wiki on knots, they are used in meteorology, too.
90 Troll Priest
Still doesn't beat the stars/sky at the end of Titanic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B6jSfRuptY

Every time I hear Neil deGrasse Tyson, I juts remember how much of a failure I am for not finishing school. wtf subconscious. GET OUT OF MY HEAD.

Video is funny though, worth watching.
Edited by Naér on 8/23/2013 7:43 AM PDT
100 Human Priest
I have decided that people named Neil who go by all 3 names (first, middle, last) are awesome.

I only have a sample size of 2 so far (deGrasse Tyson and Patrick Harris), but as that's on par with the amount of rigor put into most wow-forum related theorycraft discussions, I feel justified in claiming it as fact.
90 Troll Priest
I only have a sample size of 2 so far (deGrasse Tyson and Patrick Harris), but as that's on par with the amount of rigor put into most wow-forum related theorycraft discussions, I feel justified in claiming it as fact.

Throw my arbitrary name as an endorsement backing it up. Don't forget my little to no heroic mode experience behind it and we've got a finished product.

Seems fairly legit.

(I absolutely agree on your point though)
100 Blood Elf Monk
zZq
08/23/2013 06:50 AMPosted by Kipery
My first thought was it had to be a tab target mistake because who would attack a cute little girl gnome?

I don't really world PVP unless attacked first, unless it's a gnome. Gnomes are kill on sight. Sorry.
100 Night Elf Priest
Gnomes are snacks.

For my horde toons at least. And I have a gnome priest!
90 Troll Priest
I would kill gnomes on sight, but I'm so tall I never even see them.
100 Blood Elf Monk
zZq

I'm sure you've at least stepped on a few on accident.
100 Gnome Monk
08/23/2013 08:08 AMPosted by Fussyelf

We're not that short! :-P

If you have ticklish feet you had best beware us, trolls. You don't wear shoes.
100 Tauren Druid
08/23/2013 08:12 AMPosted by Kipery

We're not that short! :-P

If you have ticklish feet you had best beware us, trolls. You don't wear shoes.

[Nancy Sinatra impersonation]

These gnomes were made for punting...

[/Nancy Sinatra impersonation]
90 Troll Priest
Oh, well, I did pick the funniest looking fuzz out from betwixt my toes. It could have been a gnome.
90 Dwarf Priest
Gnomes are amazing and adorable.

So Arcminutes have nothing at all to do with time right?
They are just 1/60 of a degree. What is a degree? it is 1/360 of a circle I think.
Now in my mind degrees are either
A. Massively expensive pieces of paper that you can hang on your wall.
or
B. A way to tell how wide or narrow an angle is. A unit of measure for that fancy shape math.

You could just use radians...

ra·di·an
ˈrādēən
noun GEOMETRY
noun: radian; plural noun: radians
a unit of angle, equal to an angle at the center of a circle whose arc is equal in length to the radius.

The word angle has now lost all meaning. I need a picture pls.
Edited by Winnifred on 8/23/2013 8:23 AM PDT
100 Tauren Priest
That feeling of intense boiling anger of being awakened by a computer generated sales call.
100 Troll Druid
Buffy's smexie Druid here.

Did a random BG, got Arathi Basin. (I'm Feral for PvP, btw) Full of "let's all abandon bases and get Stables!" cretins. Luckily we have just enough people with common sense to defend what we get. I start off at Farm, considering this base is the worst offender of it with people assaulting it and then continuing on, and we get Blacksmith & Lumber Mill in quick fashion. BS gets attacked, I kid you not I see all of the people defending Lumber Mill either float down via Levitate of ride down Farm side to help Blacksmith. I convince one of the people rezzing at Farm to stay while I ride up to defend Lumber Mill, during this time we get Gold Mine as well. Get a couple attacks over the course of the match (which we won in the end), but the kicker were the finals minutes of the match.

I'm alone at Lumber Mill. We have 4 bases (sans Stables), and then the whole group decides we want a 5-cap very badly. 11 people are fighting at Stables, with the other 4 of us split to the other bases at one each. GM calls inc, gets attacked, no one helps. Farm gets taken w/o anyone calling it, we finally manage to assault Stables, and I get three people coming at me. Here's where it got fun. A Hpriest runs up, stands on the very edge of the cliff, and I Typhoon him off. He pops Levitate, w/e. Then a Rogue attempts to assault it, and I tear her down without regret. I restealth and the Priest is back, except he brought a Warrior. The priest is still location-challenged, and I Typhoon him off once again. I next start fighting the Warrior, finding I can lock her down with little trouble. Then the Rogue makes her grand re-entrance.

I proceed to move to the cliff edge, they both are focused on me and follow. I move around them quickly and hit Typhoon. Bye bye Rogue. Warrior gets a lucky break and lands on the very edge. We fight it out and I almost have her before the match ends.

#fun
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]