Most Fun Healing Class?

90 Dwarf Paladin
I cannot decide whether I want to be a shaman or a priest. I just wanted to know all of your input to what would be the most fun class to play as a healer, because a great majority of my characters are damage.
Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
They are all fun. Hard to say though what other people find fun.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If you want a healer that can put out damage as well disc priests and mw monks are the way to go. Tbh I love holy pallys, decent ccs, good normal and burst heals, and denounce is just awesome.
Reply Quote
I tried playing my pally as holy but I did not like it. I'll stick with him as my tanking toon. I am currently leveling a resto druid and must say I enjoy healing as a druid so far.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Tbh I love holy pallys, decent ccs, good normal and burst heals, and denounce is just awesome.

I really wish I made this character holy because I love them, but I realized how fun it was too late :/

I tried playing my pally as holy but I did not like it. I'll stick with him as my tanking toon. I am currently leveling a resto druid and must say I enjoy healing as a druid so far.

People in my guild said resto druid, but I've never actually gotten very far with them, I think the highest level one I have is 30. Maybe I'll try it again.
Edited by Dvarg on 8/20/2013 7:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/20/2013 07:14 AMPosted by Dvarg
Tbh I love holy pallys, decent ccs, good normal and burst heals, and denounce is just awesome.

I really wish I made this character holy because I love them, but I realized how fun it was too late :/

People in my guild said resto druid, but I've never actually gotten very far with them, I think the highest level one I have is 30. Maybe I'll try it again.

It's all based on personal preference in the end. A lot of people like their holy paladins and MAYBE if I would have tried playing holy on him while leveling him I would like him.... but at max level trying to learn a COMPLETELY different play style is so damn confusing and leaves you with no idea of what you are doing. That is more than likely why I can't stand playing as holy on him.
Reply Quote
80 Human Hunter
I have healed using them all. It is completely subjective but I have found the enjoyment level in the following order (the order has nothing to do with which class heals the best).
Shaman>Druid>Monk>Pally>Priest

That's my 2 cents.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Out of those two I choose priest (obv) but I honestly find all the healer classes fun to play at times. Why not both :P?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Monks are the only fun healer.

1 second gcd, yolo
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Druid and monk are pretty fun
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

I've heard good things about monks. I'll try it.

Out of those two I choose priest (obv) but I honestly find all the healer classes fun to play at times. Why not both :P?

That's true, I'll probably play both anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Shaman are cooldown and burst masters, and you have a melee spec you can swap into to wreck some faces. Making everyone jump into your healing rain, or leading when you need to unleash for a giant heal are some of the more fun parts, but taking all your cooldowns can get a bit tiresome.

Priests are toolbox healers. A button for every situation, but you have to learn when to use those buttons. But it is a lot of fun murdering mobs with your healing spec (Atonement heals or Red Chakra). Priest also gives you two different heal specs if you feel like you want a change without having to level another class.

IMO, it goes Monk>Priest>Shaman>Paladin>Druid, but that's personal preference.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm a big fan of disc, in pve. It may sound silly, but penance is simply one of the most fun healing spells I've ever had the pleasure of casting. The sound and graphic is just so visceral. When I hear that FWOOSH FWOOSH FWOOSH I know things are stayin' alive.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk

1 second gcd, yolo

Absolutely. Now that I've gotten into my mistweaver and know how to be effective as one, I'll never go back to my priest. (disc is booooring.)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I tried them all. Love druids and holy priests.

In higher level dungeons (50-90), the MOST healers I have seen are shamans and monks, in this order.
Priests not so much, and h pallys are totally missing. Hence, my respect to all you h pallys !!

I am not saying that I am correct, I am speaking based on my experience. However, I do dungeons A LOT. Let's say I am constantly queueing on my <90 toons.

P.S BEST healing spell ever remains Tranquility.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Priest
I'm in the same boat as others. I have my 90 Holy Pally who is specced for pvp and my 85 druid that I am working on. I'm trying to figure out which toon that I want to raid heal with. I'm leaning more toward leveling this guy up. Any thoughts? Sorry if its in the wrong thread. I'm just kind of stuck.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I main as a priest but I am starting to really love the challenge, wide toolkit and cooldowns that shaman provide.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
There are three fun things about being a monk:
1)Chi torpedo
2)The second charge of chi torpedo
3)Doing more damage than bad dps/dps in bad gear in scenarios and dungeons.

With the right talent choice you even get a bonus chi torpedo!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I think all the healing classes are fun. I love healing and I love how it is different yet comfortably same on the various classes. Over the years I've mained a shaman, druid, and priest, often rotating between the three at max level.

I think druid is probably the most fun because of all the non healing stuff we can do. And I grudgingly admit that I am starting to really enjoy moonkin.

The only healer I haven't tried yet is monk, but I have heard they are really fun and they have the potential to blow every other healer out of the water when played well.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Answers to this question will always vary because it's really a matter of personal opinion. Everyone is different.

I've healed with all healing classes. That said, here's my order of most fun to play to least fun...

Most Fun <<--- Shaman -- Paladin -- Holy Priest -- Disc Priest -- Druid -- Monk --->> Least Fun
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]