He scares me so bad...

20 Blood Elf Paladin
I am very scared of Baron Ashbury fight when he drops everyone's health to 0...at this level I can't heal everyone at once, so what should I do? How can I keep everyone alive at that moment? Do I heal tank first, or myself, or...?
I skipped that instance just so I don't have to face him, but I'd like to get over it already.
PS. I'm a very little experienced healer yet.
Reply Quote
20 Blood Elf Paladin
0 responses
Lol, ok so that's why I should have posted on general forum.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
After that spell he always casts a heal on the group. If people are immediately interrupting it, feel free to yell at them for making your life harder. I haven't played a holy paladin since wotlk, but I would go about healing up the group in this order: instant cast the tank, heal self, heal the dps in order of best geared/best dps to least. If your group is any good, he should die before he resumes attacking.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
It's morning on a Sunday, and you only gave people 10 minutes. Chill out.

He heals the group if you don't interrupt him. Just let him get a few ticks off to get everyone up to a safe level then interrupt him.
Reply Quote
20 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh wow, so the boss heals us? Sweet!
Ok, maybe I'll give it a try...I mean I'm still afraid but hopefully I won't let down my group.
Thank you for the answers!
Reply Quote
The only people you have to worry about healing after the strangulate are people who get the debuff and the tank. Heal the tank first and watch out for the person getting the debuff and heal them. Don't bother healing anyone else - it will just be wasted mana. If you REALLY feel you should heal people, use your no-cost heals such as holy shock and Word of Glory.

Don't let his heal go on for more than 2 ticks - he heals himself with it also! This will REALLY drag the fight on and give you lots of mana problems at the end of the fight when you need it most.

Save your mana for the Dark Archangel part of the fight when you REALLY need to pull out the big guns. When he starts getting low on health, start preparing yourself to spam heals like crazy and hope you don't OOM before the boss dies.

Don't panic when people's health plummets - you know where the damage will occur; save your mana, heal only what's necessary.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
ran as a healer for the first time in here last night 2x and it never failed the group interrupted the heal, then blamed me because they all didnt have bubbles and died.

but you get to run it once, maybe 2x if the rdf hates you.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
On my little baby priest I didn't watch too closely but it seemed that he didn't tick during Stay of Execution. He just had a cast time heal. I certainly don't remember this from before. Was it something that changed in Mists?

In either case it looked a little buggy but luckily most LFD groups don't interrupt anything.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
On my little baby priest I didn't watch too closely but it seemed that he didn't tick during Stay of Execution. He just had a cast time heal. I certainly don't remember this from before. Was it something that changed in Mists?

No. The low-level version's heal doesn't channel (and can't be interrupted). He just does Asphyxiate and then heals everyone once. I'm pretty sure it's been that way since the dungeon was revamped, since very few classes get interrupts by that time (I think only rogues and mages would have had one back then).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ah, just wait until you are high enough level to run it on heroic. Is it a normal reg for lvl 85, or only heroic?

It's so fun at higher gear levels, especially as a holy paladin. That boss was one of my absolute favorites. If you get the chance to run it later on, you really should. The entire heroic is actually really nice for healers, imo.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ok wait... I feel like, if I remember correctly, in the normal dungeon you don't even HAVE to interrupt him? I almost remember his spell not healing him, only in heroic do I know for sure it heals him as well.

But yes. After he casts asphixiate (the spell where you all lift in the air and lose health), he will immedietly channel a spell that will begin to heal your group.

Generally it's not a problem if someone interrupts immedietly, but normally someone will die due to his other magic spell that does ticking damage. If you can get a quick AoE heal off it's not so bad, but being level 20 as a holy pally, it's not that easy.

Just tell the group to make sure they don't interrupt his cast until everyone is healed halfway or so, then make sure to debuff the magic spell and heal everyone up again.

Here's the actual abilities names and effects:

Asphixiate: Inflict shadow damage to all nearby enemies every 1 second (this is the one that lifts you up and reduces you to zero health).

Mend Rotting Flesh: Heals Baron Ashbury for 10% of his health.

Stay of Execution: Heals all nearby allies for 50% of their health. (this is the spell he channels right after asphyxiate, this will heal you and your group).

Pain and Suffering: Inflicting the target with shadow damage every 1 seconds. (needs to be dispelled, is normally cast soon after asphixiate)

So, for the normal version ensure you DO not interrupt him while he casts stay of execution. I believe in heroic he channels it, in normal mode he simply casts it and it instantly heals your party for 50% health.
Edited by Aleaina on 8/20/2013 8:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
The triage should be as follows (unsure what instants you have)
Tank gets holy shock or WoG,
Anyone with Pain and suffering gets a cleanse + heal
You get a heal
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You just need to heal up a tank, no reason to top other people off. He does damage based on % of your health, so there is no reason to heal people above 20%. Make sure you dispel the debuff he puts out.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
It's been ages since I've tanked this one, but a Paladin Tank can use Divine Shield to completely stop the stay of execution and keep his health pool once in the fight. But really, your tank should be blowing a cool down and interrupting him appropriately. Your tank can make that healing so much easier, but it's awesome that you're trying to do your best.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
yeah... you can only divine shield once a round. No other CDs can be used, when channeled it decreases your health by percentage of what you have right now. Doesn't matter if you have 100% health or 50% health when he starts channeling, when it stops you'll have exactly 1 health left.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]