What raid healer are you?

Holy/disc reporting in.
Holy: burst heal like crazy, don't bother with small damage. My disc/druid/monk/shaman buddies deal with that, and I'm going to need to conserve mana for high damage phases. Holy is limited only by its mana in raid healing, but that one limitation, you'd be surprised...

Disc: Atonement bro! Gotta keep everyone topped off because I don't have the capabilities to play catch up in that spec.

All depends on spec and playstyle, yo
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I am neither healer you described, and you're asking the entirely wrong questions to be honest.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
It isn't really about being a type of healer, outside your class/spec. If you are compartmentalized to such a degree so as to call yourself a rabbit or patient healer, rather than both, depending on the situation, you are being very sub-optimal and aren't seeing the whole picture.

All healers need to understand how to heal efficiently; if health pools are not getting beat on much, use cheaper heals. If great throughput is required for a burst of damage, by all means, snipe it or use a CD/emergency heals (though this should be organized before the fight. For example, on Jin' Rokh, decide who will pop their cooldown each Thunderstorm, as well as dps players using defensive cooldowns, such that each phase is healable without going OOM)

As a shaman, I'm not sniping much of anything more often than every 45 seconds, when AS comes off cooldown. But my smart heals and cooldowns are undisputed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
the only problem i have personally is mana burn as a holy priest i have 306k mana and burn thru it entirely too quik i have to use hymm and use my mana potions way too much. the worst part about it is i never have enough time in between fights in lfr to regen or drink to regain mana even after yelling at the tank to wait or tanks lol does anyone else have this problem
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
the only problem i have personally is mana burn as a holy priest i have 306k mana and burn thru it entirely too quik i have to use hymm and use my mana potions way too much. the worst part about it is i never have enough time in between fights in lfr to regen or drink to regain mana even after yelling at the tank to wait or tanks lol does anyone else have this problem

No, I sit and get my mana. I can catch up.

If there is a lock out gate in front of me I get inside of that first, then sit.

If the Tank pulls before I am done, I don't get up till I am done. Most fights don't break you out when the tank first pulls. It happens sometimes, but mostly you can finish your drink.

My Mana > rezzes and buffs > whatever the tank just stepped in.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It depends what class you are. If you are a paladin or a druid and health bars start to drop, you are a lot worse off than if you are a priest or a shaman.

It also depends on what healer classes you raid with. If you have a paladin in the group, then they set the tone of the healing.

You will also change styles due to the fight. Some fights are spread out, some grouped up, some spikey, and some rely on mana conservation

In addition, progression content is very different to farm bosses.

A good healer will change styles depending on the needs of the fight.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
It depends what class you are. If you are a paladin or a druid and health bars start to drop, you are a lot worse off than if you are a priest or a shaman.

Disc Priests are bar-none the worst at bringing health pools back up once they start to drop.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]