Siege of Orgrimmar.. the greatest raid ever ?

90 Night Elf Druid
Is Siege Karazhan? Then it's not the greatest raid ever. :P
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Karazhan and Naxx are my favorite raids in wow so far.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Lorewise? It's got some problems. Gameplay? Well..it looks pretty darn good.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
People need to stop living in the past and appreciate current content more. Throne of Thunder was pretty amazing, even for a linear progression path. I expect SoO to be even more satisfying.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
08/19/2013 01:58 AMPosted by Shikoku
People need to stop living in the past

Who says? In this quote, you are reacting to things that were said in the past. The past makes up 99.9% of our experiences. Who we are as individuals is rooted in the past. Understanding the past can help us succeed in the present and indeed in the future. Why is the past so bad?

Heart of Fear had some interesting boss fights. But you know what? I hated it. The overall ambience was just too provocative for my taste. That's my opinion. I can have that if I'd like.

ToT was mostly very cool. It was no Karazhan though. I enjoyed the harpsichord music, the opera event, the vertically expansive library, with many, varied bosses. The chess event is the only time vehicle combat didn't leave me moaning that it had nothing to do with my ability to play my character. I pray the day never comes that they demolish it in favor of a level appropriate version but hope the day will come where it has a caverns of time version that shows the place in its alive state and maybe unravel the story of how Malch took it over or whatever. That would be sweet.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
People thought Throne of Thunder was going to be the best one. But much like everything with this community I saw more negative responses than positive. Then again it was mostly LFR hate so go figure.

I hope it's better just story wise. I can't describe how disconnected I felt from the threat of the Thunder King even after really enjoying the quest line on the isle.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I hope it's better just story wise. I can't describe how disconnected I felt from the threat of the Thunder King even after really enjoying the quest line on the isle.

Well, considering that the majority of the expansion has been focusing on the increasingly crazed son of Grom, and that both sides have suffered under his aggression, I think it might be. Or not.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Naxx 40 hands down still the best.
Reply Quote
10 Draenei Shaman
from what I see it looks really the best raid ever maybe only Naxx or gates of AhnQiraj events were in bar at there times.

what do you guys think?

Considering most people haven't seen it yet, it is a little hard to compare. Hate to say it, but I seriously doubt it will even come close to Naxx 40, AQ40, Sunwell, SSC, BT, BWL or Ulduar.
Edited by Denni on 8/19/2013 5:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Karazhan's still my personal favorite though.

This.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Ulduar or bust

I'm not sure I'll ever understand the obsession with Ulduar. The only thing I really liked a lot about that one was the gear sets. Some of the fights were fun, but I would never call it my favorite raid.

ICC had a lot more that appealed to me, considering how much I love the Scourge/Forsaken storyline in both WoW and WC3. I was also in a better raid group at that time, so that may also add to some bias.

On topic though, I'm super thrilled about Siege of Orgrimmar. I think this will probably trump ICC as my favorite raid. :)
Edited by Taiyang on 8/19/2013 6:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I doubt it.
ICC and Naxx will most likely remain as my favorite raids.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Sunwell Plateau will always be my personal favorite

As to SoO well that remains to be seen,, the tidbits they are showing look nice.. but they can be decieving..

Ever go to a movie based on the trailer? And been sorely disappointed .. this is kind of the same thing.. So like others I will reserve judgement til it is done.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
ToT was the best raid to ever grace this game, IMO.

Here's hoping SoO is even better!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Naxx and ICC were my faves.

But that's because I love the lore of them. And I'm a Paladin.

Didn't raid in TBC so didn't do Kara. I see a lot of people saying Kara in this thread. I remember reading posts back then about how people were sick of it lol Funny how that works.
Reply Quote
It's got its work cut out for it to even be the best raid of the expansion (ToT is amazing), let alone the best raid ever.

I'm a little concerned that there seem to be a hefty number of add based fights that are giving me deathwing flashbacks.
Edited by Kudger on 8/19/2013 7:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
08/19/2013 05:29 AMPosted by Shunmin

Well, considering that the majority of the expansion has been focusing on the increasingly crazed son of Grom, and that both sides have suffered under his aggression, I think it might be. Or not.

it'll be better...for the Horde that is. we'll probably get something...though not as epic and cool as Horde though.
We get to help Thrall save the world again.

That's pretty much it.
Reply Quote
I reserve the right to retain my opinion until I have more data to work with. In other words lets wait for the raid to come out before we start asking if it is the "bestest thing since sliced bread"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]