Iapetus' Tintinnabulating Trollbait (OT)

100 Pandaren Shaman
You know Tiriel, if I weren't stuck in this splint for 4-6 weeks, I might apply for your guild. :P
90 Pandaren Priest
You know Tiriel, if I weren't stuck in this splint for 4-6 weeks, I might apply for your guild. :P

Please don't take this the wrong way, because I don't mean it in a derogatory manner, but you don't have the heroic experience for us to accept an app you might put in. :-\ We really are only after people with at least some heroic experience. Preferably 10/13 or more (though I'm sure that we'd take people with less experience if the app was exceptionally good).
100 Tauren Druid
Since it was the first kill of Heroic Chicken for the guild I ran with last night, they put it up on YouTube.

Hai guiz! Watch me channel Tranq and not notice the Feed Young poop that spawned where I happened to be standing! >.<
100 Night Elf Druid
TIRIEL IS AN ELITIST JERK *runs away crying*

:P <3

--

Since it was the first kill of Heroic Chicken for the guild I ran with last night, they put it up on YouTube.

Hai guiz! Watch me channel Tranq and not notice the Feed Young poop that spawned where I happened to be standing! >.<

lol best. i do stuff like this. channeled spells ftl.
Edited by Weetabix on 8/21/2013 10:11 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Please don't take this the wrong way, because I don't mean it in a derogatory manner, but you don't have the heroic experience for us to accept an app you might put in. :-\ We really are only after people with at least some heroic experience. Preferably 10/13 or more (though I'm sure that we'd take people with less experience if the app was exceptionally good).

The best there ever was...

Theme song running through my head.
90 Pandaren Priest

D:
100 Pandaren Shaman
Ahh, I see. WHYYYYY must I have been stuck playing with terrible people who I actually liked
100 Blood Elf Monk
She's right though. It's the same thing I told him, really. Applying to guilds like ours at the end of an expansion going into the final raid tier is almost impossible for someone with zero experience at all.
100 Night Elf Druid

D:

i'm just teasing, honest. <3<3

coffee is so good you guys.
100 Pandaren Shaman
Yeah. :( My last Heroic exp was DS.
100 Tauren Druid
lol best. i do stuff like this. channeled spells ftl.

Fortunately, the boss had less than 10 mill health, so it didn't really matter, and having the raid leader constantly telling us to pop CDs right then made it a bit hard to hear my normal alerts.

But I still felt dumb for not noticing.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Applying to guilds like ours at the end of an expansion going into the final raid tier is almost impossible for someone with zero experience at all.

Just out of curiosity how is ur application process. Most high end guilds I seen have annoyingly long, irrelevant app processes.

But it's just my twisted opinion of course.
100 Blood Elf Monk
We just have an application that we fill out. We require people show us screenshots of UI, test their connection to the NY data center, and give us logs. The app is to show us who you are, why you are leaving your guild and joining ours, and that you know what the hell you're doing with your class.

All high end guilds have an application process similar. You might think that it's irrelevant, but it's all we have to go on when we're recruiting someone. An application can tell us a LOT about a person based on how well they fill it out.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We just have an application that we fill out. We require people show us screenshots of UI, test their connection to the NY data center, and give us logs. The app is to show us who you are, why you are leaving your guild and joining ours, and that you know what the hell you're doing with your class.

All high end guilds have an application process similar. You might think that it's irrelevant, but it's all we have to go on when we're recruiting someone. An application can tell us a LOT about a person based on how well they fill it out.

Oh I get why it's done. Just some to me seem like going for the stars and beyond. Especially those who aren't 13/13H.
100 Blood Elf Monk
We want to know as much as possible about a new recruit before picking them up. We raid 25 hours a week right now, we don't want people who won't get along with us \ will cause conflict \ won't perform the way we need them do.

:P
100 Night Elf Druid
I appreciate a solid application process. For one thing, I'm good at selling myself in print. :P It's my job, after all. xD For another it shows care, from the guild and from the applicants. I think if a player or a guild intends to raid seriously at any level, be it normals, full heroic clears, or anything in between, a well considered application is important to the success of that endeavor.

I really liked the application for the guild I am in now, and the fact that they read it, asked to see my UI, why I chose the talents I did, how I use my spells, etc. They aren't a world first guild nor will they ever be, but it's clear they put a lot of care and research into making sure things run smoothly from the get go.

Any guild that just invites you on a whim without any vetting process, be it a raid invite evaluation or a written application, kind of worries me.
100 Gnome Monk
An application can tell us a LOT about a person based on how well they fill it out.

A guild I was in had a an application process not to see if they would perform amazingly enough to push those Wrath Heroic raids but rather to see if they didn't mind a slower progression due to us not being hard core.

Oh, that and we also wanted to see if the applicants could use complete sentences. Answering questions with Yes, No and Grunt was pretty close to an automatic rejection and also stated in the application process. We still got a few that could only answer everything using one word.
90 Human Priest
Preeeeetty sure Tiriel is like the worst person ever now

You jerk Tiriel

You dirty, elitist jerk
100 Tauren Priest
I despise people who are like my ilvl is this can I just skip your application process I don't like filling out applications.

Idgaf if you are 13/13 heroic and your from blood legion if you can't take 20 minutes to fill out an application to let us know who are you and let us know you can put together sentences then I'm not wasting my time on you since you obviously can't be bothered to waste your time with us.
100 Night Elf Druid
I despise people who are like my ilvl is this can I just skip your application process I don't like filling out applications.

Idgaf if you are 13/13 heroic and your from blood legion if you can't take 20 minutes to fill out an application to let us know who are you and let us know you can put together sentences then I'm not wasting my time on you since you obviously can't be bothered to waste your time with us.

yeah i see posts like this on the guild recruitment forums all the time. :< an unattractive level of arrogance and disdain for others, to be sure.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]