Hi there fellow healers!

85 Draenei Shaman
:D

How are you finding healing in general since 4.0.1? Vastly more difficult? A lot easier? Finding your ooming too fast using your old way of healing and have had to change?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
I find healing now similar to how I healed Kara back in the EARLY BC days. It's nothing major for me, just took some adjusting. At least for discipline I love what it is now compared to what it was at the start of Wrath, and MUCH better than BC.... yeah it wasn't quite common back then. Come to think of it, I think I was the only person I knew who raided Kara as Disc... Anyways, at least for me, I am putting much more thought into healing. Job well done by Blizz imo.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Hello world

edit: On topic. Mana is just as infinite for me as it was before. I went so far as to reforge all my gear to reduce spirit, and I still can't run out of mana. I'm sure this will change in the expansion, and am in fact looking forward to the challenge.
Edited by Manjula on 11/5/2010 12:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Orc Shaman
I can't speak with much experience on the matter due to not being at end game content, but so far healing is very easy. Chain Heal here, Healing Surge there, and a Rip Tide if I face plant into my keyboard and fall asleep. Earth Shield does most of the work for me. *shrug* What can I really expect when I start doing raids? This is my first healer for the record.

(Edited for typo)
Edited by Gorthok on 11/5/2010 12:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I'm finding I'm ooming too quick if I'm throwing surge's everywhere, but I'm able to get away with 100% uptime riptides/earthshields and chain healing all around the place. I don't like that healers are tuned for slow Tank damage when we are still doing content with spikey incoming damage. Seem to be doing okay though.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello! It's kind of painful at level 80 right now. I can't wait until we start leveling to 85.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Shaman
I'm finding I'm ooming too quick if I'm throwing surge's everywhere, but I'm able to get away with 100% uptime riptides/earthshields and chain healing all around the place. I don't like that healers are tuned for slow Tank damage when we are still doing content with spikey incoming damage. Seem to be doing okay though.

It is challenging trying to heal spike damage without really having the tools to do so. Even more reason to play Cata.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Bubble Spam still seems the way to go after 4.01 with a Disc Priest. I am looking forward to the changes and how it does effect healing once we hit 85.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's not too bad at the moment, but I'm definitely looking forward to level 83+. Holy Radiance, you complete me.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It's not too bad at the moment, but I'm definitely looking forward to level 83+. Holy Radiance, you complete me.

I really miss the recent changes to the beta realm when I play on live. I haven't even been using the new Light of Dawn that much, but I already miss it when I play live.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
So far infinite mana and hots that crit. Yeah pretty easy for restoration druids atm.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I really miss the recent changes to the beta realm when I play on live. I haven't even been using the new Light of Dawn that much, but I already miss it when I play live.

I'm really looking forward to playing with the LoD changes. I wasn't lucky enough for beta access, but it really sounds like it adds to the fun and dynamism so desperately missing before.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

I'm really looking forward to playing with the LoD changes. I wasn't lucky enough for beta access, but it really sounds like it adds to the fun and dynamism so desperately missing before.

I'm still getting used to the cone heal mechanic and the holy power generation kind of throws me for a loop too, but it's nice that the spell actually heals for an amount that makes it worth using, even in 5mans.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I was so worried when the patch came out, and for a time, I felt justified in my holy pally worries. But I remember stalwartly attempting to wait until raid content testing began to offer a final verdict, and, well, all my fear on that count were unfounded!

I still seem to see holy pallies underperforming, and I haven't had a chance to level my own holy paladin spec against any raid content.

My shaman enjoys it all tons, the nerfs to chain heal are difficult to stomach, but were needed- I honestly WANT to use Healing Surge to top off truly low people now- even on Sindragosa!

The changes are, in a word, fantastic. I can't wait to sink my teeth into level 85 content and get my butt whipped properly, and then figure it all out. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I have healers of all four classes. In general I'm experiencing the same thing I noticed when 3.0 came out.. its hard to get a real handle on how powerful or not-powerful my healers may be because dps is crazy through the roof and things are dying really fast, or everything goes south in seconds because tanks don't get their new abilities or lose aggro.

Be that as it may, my initial impressions are as follows:

Paladin: OMG I LOVE MOBILITY. Ok, so my "main" has been the pally since just after BC came out, and if you'd told me that Holy Shock was going to be my primary heal I would've laughed at you outright, but now I'd be just crazy not to use it liberally. I'm enjoying being able to move around and not sit with my old whispered prayer "I have to move now, please don't let the tank die, please don't let him die...". At the same time, I'm finding my use of Holy Power to be a little.. random, at best. I never really did like the Vial of the Sunwell, and our new ability works pretty much exactly like that old trinket did. I've moved my Holy Power monitor to the middle/center of my screen just like I do for combo points, which helped a lot, but I still need to get used to it.

Priest: I keep hearing how awful priests are on the forums, but I just don't see it. I still feel like my priest is my best healer (even though I consider myself a more skilled paladin, or at least I did until holy power set me on my ear). Watching Chakra is, however, similar to Holy Power, requiring just a little more edge of concentration than I'm used to giving, and I get distracted. I tried the smite spec disc, and I'm probably going to use it to level in Cataclysm, but I just don't see it as functional for raiding. This of course disappoints me but it was expected.

Shaman: Was I supposed to have mana problems? Well, I do.. but only because I'm running things that way outgear my blues-geared shaman. Nothing I haven't been able to handle yet, though Doesn't really *feel* like its changed that much.

Druid: I am a goddess. But I am a druid, so I was always a goddess. Its fun watching people get confused about the green circles on the ground.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Loving most of the changes, still a few tweaks to be made for it to be perfect, but the healing model is looking really good.

Won't know for sure until I get my hands on Cata, though.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Priest: I keep hearing how awful priests are on the forums, but I just don't see it. I still feel like my priest is my best healer (even though I consider myself a more skilled paladin, or at least I did until holy power set me on my ear). Watching Chakra is, however, similar to Holy Power, requiring just a little more edge of concentration than I'm used to giving, and I get distracted. I tried the smite spec disc, and I'm probably going to use it to level in Cataclysm, but I just don't see it as functional for raiding. This of course disappoints me but it was expected.

I haven't played my Holy spec yet at all. I've been Disc for the majority of Wrath, and I am really hoping that the Smite aspect of Disc healing translates better at 85. Right now, there's still too much healing needed in some groups to make good use of it. I do find it amusing to watch people deliberately move out of my Power Word: Barrier though. I've commented to my guild that I need to train them not to move out of the sparkly stuff. lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Its pretty bad for me right now. My guild is actually thinking about replacing me and going all druids for healing pretty much right now. I have to keep reminding them priest are going to get a buff with new chakra mechanics and that druids are going to get nerfed to keep my spot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]