Hi there fellow healers!

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I havent had many problems healing in ICC but the only thing is aoe damage tends to make it a bit hard.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I am bored healing, I spam heal just to see how far I can get my Mana bar down so far got it down to 27000 and then back up to 32 buffed in seconds lol..

However its great for undergeared Tanks, they bring a welcome challenge :)
Reply Quote
55 Human Mage
wow neat!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I havent had many problems healing in ICC but the only thing is aoe damage tends to make it a bit hard.

use your spirit fingers :D
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
How is healing? Wish I could tell you, my guild keeps overinviting healers. >.>

Actually, I kid, I got to heal on Tuesday, all was fine. :) Some adjustments when it comes to AoE healing but thus far, nothing more than that.
Reply Quote
74 Night Elf Druid
I'm still learning how to heal... but, I'm loving the changes so far. I am looking forward to rerolling my shaman that I purged when I switched realms, that looks like some fun healing again.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Pretty much what Tiraslin said before. I finally have that mobility that I'd been longing for since I first started playing this character. In fact, I don't seem to find myself "casting" too much anymore, aside from infusion'd holy light's and occasional flashes (if you can even really call that a cast time). I wind up pushing a lot of different buttons, and watching different procs go off which makes me push separate buttons. It's all good fun.

Oddly though, what with all the instant casting and procs and trinkets going off my character just looks like he's going NUTS, throwing his arms up and down like mad when I need to throw out constant heals. It looks like he's some deadlift maniac. Maybe when I change to a Tauren I will find more contentedness with my one arm flailing up and down every half a second. It's more tolerable than my entire body chronically seizing in awkward, jerking motions...

In all seriousness though! Holy kicks ass, and it's fun to play a class that I know is getting a lot of attention and balancing from the devs (makes it fun and intriguing). Even though my healing meters look absolutely pathetic next to druid's, I'm really looking forward to all the new #*#@ I'm getting in Cata.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
well as a holy pally in the new patch ive noticed in dungeons im mostly instant casting healing.
it makes my job easier, and gives me room to dps here and there. but i dont quiet got down thee raiding heals. i am a bit new to heals so im confused a bit.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Far too easy (main is a druid). Mana regen is through the roof, so there are no worries about mana conservation, or picking effective spells, or nothing. So it's kinda relaxed and a bit boring probably. So I hope that changes at 85 :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Oddly though, what with all the instant casting and procs and trinkets going off my character just looks like he's going NUTS, throwing his arms up and down like mad when I need to throw out constant heals. It looks like he's some deadlift maniac. Maybe when I change to a Tauren I will find more contentedness with my one arm flailing up and down every half a second. It's more tolerable than my entire body chronically seizing in awkward, jerking motions...

Haha! I hadn't thought about it that way, but yes, we now appear to be doing some strange spasmodic dance!
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Priest
Oh herro mah fellow healers!

And I feel that my healing isn't too bad, though I could totally use more throughput and mana regen. Blizzard is, hopefully, nerfing the other healing classes to be at the healing level of holy priests (as was originally intended). So soon enough I'll be just fine. :D
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Hello
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I wrote a long paragraph about how I hate the healing changes but I just deleted it all and posted this. Saves reading time.
Edited by Crazyhoof on 11/6/2010 7:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Priest: I keep hearing how awful priests are on the forums, but I just don't see it. I still feel like my priest is my best healer (even though I consider myself a more skilled paladin, or at least I did until holy power set me on my ear). Watching Chakra is, however, similar to Holy Power, requiring just a little more edge of concentration than I'm used to giving, and I get distracted. I tried the smite spec disc, and I'm probably going to use it to level in Cataclysm, but I just don't see it as functional for raiding. This of course disappoints me but it was expected.

My only complaint with Holy Priests is that they just feel like slower healers. No facts or numbers to back it up, just personally feel slow in healing, but that's more than likely me not adjusting as well as I would like.

That being said, I've only had mana issues on one fight (10manRS, Twilight Realm, the resto shammy with me bit the cutter halfway through phase 2. 1.5mil effective heals done for the entire fight). And Chakra, yeah I'm guilty of forgetting about it after the first minute of the fight. Hmmm, maybe i really haven't adjusted as well as I would like.

I have not tried Disc yet. I did not like they style at all during WotLK (personal preference), but after reading the changes and some observations on the forums, I'll probably do the same Smite spec Disc thing also to level.

Overall, my fellow guild healers and I are looking forward to seeing how things shake out in Cata. Personally excited for mana management and heal allocation again. I was the king of cancel-casting and working the 5SR as the token I:DS Priest in BC. But it is hard right now to judge just how effective the new healing is. Bosses are dieing to quick and we don't have our full arsenal yet. But I'm looking forward to see how it works out.
Reply Quote
71 Blood Elf Priest
I agree.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
Hi, these forums are pretty cool :)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
I find I still don't run out of mana. In cata though it looks pretty sweet. I seem to be healing the same with the addition of Chakra.
Reply Quote
60 Draenei Shaman
I can't snooze at the keyboard anymore while healing random dungeon pugs, but I am not complaining. Healing is a lot more labor-intensive now, and that is a good thing.
Reply Quote
Healing is weird now. I just got back from a long hiatus; before it I could go OOM very quickly. Now I have trouble imagining how I might do so. Similarly, I used to have trouble with my throughput. I cannot imagine being much more powerful than I am now without getting a boatload of gear, gemming properly, and enchanting.

I want to use Healing Wave as seems to be intended for Cata mana efficiency, but there's very rarely any time for it unless everyone's at full and I'm spamming to pad the tank and keep Earthliving up. People don't take 5k damage, they take 10-18k damage.

I'm using Chain Heal a fair bit less. If there aren't a bunch of people damaged, I just don't consider it due to its being just barely stronger than Healing Wave for a much greater cost. If there are a bunch of people injured, though, it's a great chance to drop Earthliving on a pile of people at once.

I've used Greater Healing Wave intentionally... Three times? At least, without Nature's Swiftness preceding it. The thing's just too situational. A giant heal that takes forever to throw and costs a boatload of mana isn't going to do it for me because...

Healing Surge costs a little less, heals for marginally less, is almost twice as fast, and will usually crit with Tidal Waves's help, meaning a 10% phys damage reduction for the primary target, and a second person gets a strong heal from Ancestral Spirit or some jazz. I use this heal more than any other, because there's nothing situational about it in Wrath raiding. Big Damage, Fast = Big Heals, Fast.

I may use Riptide less in raid than Healing Surge, but I love it more. My little bucket heal has grown up, and does more of everything I want than it used to, for less! I try to keep this up on whoever might be taking damage all of the time. That Chain Heal consumes the HoT is one of the things that makes me wary of using Chain Heal. That's a lot of healing to have just... devoured by one of my weakest heals.

Earth Shield remains the reason I don't worry too much about the tank in Heroics. That it needs to be my Earth Shield on the target I'm healing to maximize healing done annoys me. There are just a ton of Resto Shamans out there!

I don't care what anyone says; Healing Stream Totem is one of the most solid, reliable HoTs in the game.

Overall? I'm just surprised I'm fit to go to ICC at all. When I left, I was barely fit to bring to Trial of the Crusader. I'm surprised that, according to many Shamans, leveling to 85 transforms this in the other direction.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]