Forums First "Which healer should I choose"

85 Troll Priest
Because it needs to be here. :P

Anyway, discuss why you chose your healer and after investing so much time. What do you regret?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Shaman throw water balloons at people. Thats how awesome we are
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
you remember how fun it is to have water fights in the pool during the summer? Where you and your friends just splash water at each other constantly, trying to get the biggest splash?

That is shaman healing
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I wanted to level a healer, and I recall having gotten a shaman up quite near 80 first, and, feeling so utterly underpowered, I took the 70 paladin with the joke name I had Recruit-a-friend levelled, and tried him. I was nervous as paladin had bad 5-man healing reputation, but I was willing to give it a try- and the thought of letting tanking be a possibility was very present and powerful, I will admit.

So now that's where I am! I fell in love with paladin healing more every day, and paladin tanking went from pretty dang fun to OMGTHISISAWESOME for me. :)

I also- I LOVE plate. I simply can't understand the idea of wearing cloth armor- wouldn't you at least put SOMETHING in there to protect yourself? Especially if you're the HEALER?! I mean, smart bosses target healers first, amirite? (In fairness, the armor balancing in cata makes me understand this more- I think of it like- this isn't cloth armor, really. This is metal armor without THAT much metal- to keep you flexible- there's a lot of cloth in there to bridge the gaps! And that leather? Well, it's very quiet, you see, unlike plate and mail, and it's formerly something's skin, so shapeshifting in it is quite a lot easier) :) Regardless, the idea of playing a magic person who wears plate armor appealed to me greatly.

I'd add that it was the wisdom-flavored judgments and blessings that made me think that I could play a paladin. It was the longest time until I got that paradigm shift into my head- that paladins aren't necessarily sub-par healers who sacrifice much healing ability to wear plate armor and have swords. Back from Final Fantasy 4, it took a lot of time and effort to shake that perception! :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I chose a paladin originally because I intended to tank as a blood elf. I also really loved the evil paladin, "we stole the light!" vibe. When it became apparent that my tanking contribution in BC was largely as an OT/add tank I was a little disillusioned and started my "price of a latte" spec period where I'd be tank, heals, or dps as needed.

I regret that healing as a paladin was so god-awful, soul-breakingly simple and monotonous until 4.0.

Similar thing happened to me:

Liked blood elves, wanted to be a warrior, couldn't so rolled a paladin. Wanted to tank, it was really crappy on BC. Eventually became RetLol. In WotLK tryed tanking, but my server's filled with tanks and I was quite casual. so I started healing in BGs as prot, got some decent PvP gear, and started healing for my guild.

Now I've gotten moar hardcore, love healing and sleeping few hours a day.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
It all depends on what kind of healing you want to do ....Like for instance I am a Resto druid healer and i mostly Raid Heal which is taking care of the rest of the raid while other healers like paladins and priests heal the tanks!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I leveled my Druid as Feral, and I had the idea that I would be a healer the day that hell froze over. I decided to give Resto a try in BC instances, and I fell in love. She is taking over as my main. I then also switched from Ret to Holy on my Pally (though I don't have a clue as to what to do with it now, after the patch).

Healing is just plain fun. And it gives a sense of accomplishment. DPSing is just a competition of which I quickly grow tired.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I originally made Sen as the idea of a Healer who could also take damage as needed. So I specced Holy and levelled that way. Since I levelled in BC and was new at the time, I didn't level through instances, so I had to learn how to solo things effectively.

Sen's pretty much always been holy. I've specced Prot a few times, but never for more then 24 hours without having a Holy Spec.

I like that Paladin Healing is a bit more involved then it used to be, but I honestly didn't have a problem with it before either. I do like the fact that I can now run in circles while healing if I wanted to.

As for which healer to choose: I heal as a Paladin because it feels right and it flows right. The only thing I dislike about being a Holy Paladin on live is that I have exactly one choice for my Holy Power (But that's changing!) and that Daybreak feels awkward (I get a proc that I have to wait to use).
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
I wanted to heal to help people out and feel useful, so I initially leveled a Pally to 60 in Vanilla, and we all know how useful that was. I didn't really realize at the time any class besides Priest was considered a good healer, so I just thought Pally was 2nd best, and it'd be easier to level.

Honestly, I was scared of being a clothie, especially a no-DPS clothie. But hey 3 priests later I wouldn't have it any other way. I regret being so scared.

These days I heal because I seem to enjoy it and be better at it than anything else in this game. I like being valued, being good at my job, and helping people. It's fun to feel needed, and appreciated for doing your job well.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Regret? Not rerolling during BC, instead of 3/4 of the way through LK.

For why I chose my healer? I was rerolling anyway for a friends and family rank of my current guild (at the time I was still "raiding" alliance side, if you consider beating your face on the desk over why people can't kill Grobbulus raiding), and faction transfers weren't available yet. Plus I didn't have the money for a realm transfer for my then-70 priest on Blackwing Lair to Runetotem. And, all the same, guild was looking for healing priests, and leveling priest has been insanely easy since BC. Now? Raid leader and healing officer. Go figure.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I picked resto druid from the very beginning (from release, this character actually) and have kept him the whole way through.

The only thing I regret was picking a druid firstbecause it has made me unable to roll other classes. Roll priest? Two healing specs (fun to switch back and forth) but no stealthing...
Roll rogue? No healing or tanking.
Roll pally? No tanking or stealthing.
Gotta love being a healer with stealth, it's awesome.
Edited by Bith on 11/5/2010 12:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
29 Night Elf Druid
Resto druid reporting in. At my level, I love, love, LOVE healing randoms. My friend has a pally tank, and we pretty much duo everything we can at our levels to get the gear we want out of it, then we queue for randoms :D.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Paladin
I have one 80 of each class. I am playing a Holy Paladin in 4.0 and beyond because I love the new mechanic design. So fun.
Reply Quote
73 Draenei Priest
Shaman. Hands down. Totems, CL, Riptide... AWESOME-SAUCE!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Once we get Life Grip, it will be a no-contest.

I'm sick of spamming heals on DPSers in fire. I want to rip them from the fire, /frown at them, and then let them go back to DPSing.

If Shaman water balloons put out the fire the DPS was standing in, Shaman might be contesting Priests for best healers...

Edit:
I have played and raided on a Paladin, Priest, and Druid healer and always find myself back on my Priest. I would like to try a Shaman at some point, but I'm attempting to give up my altoholism so I will not be persuaded!
Edited by Safetybelt on 11/5/2010 11:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Druid
first healing capable class I played was my shaman (who is my main), leveled the shaman to be dps, tried out resto a few time and hated it and have stayed ele pretty much forever.

Started a pally in late TBC, originally intended to be ret for WotLK, the lack of spell variety of the pally made me never even consider holy, dual specced him at lvl 71 and hes been primarily a tank ever since.

Tried a couple of priests, lost interest before lvl 10.

Decided to try a druid, this was post 3.3 and intended to level him through the LFD so tossed both a feral and caster heirloom set his way, started out feral even healing as feral (which worked fine as I wore proper caster gear to do it), dual specced Resto/Bear at lvl 40 and have been that way since, just queued as all 3 roles in the LFD. The post 4.0 Resto and Feral Tanking changes have me very happy with my choice of healer.
Edited by Thaldonir on 11/6/2010 12:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Priest is very fun, plus we have TWO healing trees :). And lots of people seem to really enjoy shadow priests.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
See name for reasoning. The druid class intrigued me as it can easily fill all three roles (though at the time of vanilla it wasn't ideal).

The healing style is sort of going in a strange direction compared to what I'm used to. But I'm looking forward to sort of relearning the class with the new 4.0 patch. (Been busy since ulduar lol).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]