Forums First "Which healer should I choose"

85 Blood Elf Paladin
choose pally cos the disco lights are just plain cool
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Priest
Started with a resto druid, got bored of the HOT style and decided to try a priest...

I like that I have more options and two trees to play with!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I wanted to try the paladin class, but didn't really want to roll alliance to do so.

So, I rolled my paladin, and actually leveled as ret and prot until I hit 70. I tanked for a while, and at some point I dabbled in healing...I never looked back after the 'healing bug' took hold.

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
As a priest I can effectively fill every role and do it well. We have the coolest spells that everyone is jealous of (PoM, Binding Heal). Always new mechanics that keep things from getting old.

My only regret is the Skill Cap. Not that I don't a challenge but that there are so many bad Holy Priests giving us a bad rap and the rest of the player base doesn't realize how big of a difference there is between the good and the bad.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/05/2010 6:07 AMPosted by Crossfingers
Because it needs to be here. :P

Anyway, discuss why you chose your healer and after investing so much time. What do you regret?

I think you started this because all Priests feel like the "gimped healer" since there were some viable 2v2, 3v3 and best usually in 5v5 to prevent spiky damage setups with a Discipline Priest in arena.

To get a Gladiator on a Priest was possible and maybe even balanced around having really strong shields last PvP season but our inability to move like a Shaman Ghost Wolf Form, Paladin Hand of Freedom and Druid Shapeshift makes me think for Cataclysm I'll just switch over to my Holy Paladin since it has plate and great mana regeneration with some Holy Power on top of other benefits.

I still do not regret rolling a Priest because we have such a large toolbox of spells compared to the other healers due to 2 healing trees/specs, our Mana Burn which should cause many tears next season. At the moment priests are vulnerable to offensive dispels, mana burns (who knew we'd be vulnerable to our own mechanisms), bad mana regeneration and a good counterspell (one that interrupts a heal after we desperately try to catch up after crazy mage burst).

Either they will buff our class again like last patch or nerf others, but as long as Holy Paladins have Holy Power and I don't have good mobility like the other healers I'll be playing on my Holy Paladin named Nerfmeimop (Mal'Ganis) and no I'm not joking I'm 80. I was going to stick with my Priest but if every healing class plays a Holy Paladin they'll realize there's a problem right?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
11/05/2010 10:41 AMPosted by Achaia
I leveled my Druid as Feral, and I had the idea that I would be a healer the day that hell froze over. I decided to give Resto a try in BC instances, and I fell in love. She is taking over as my main. I then also switched from Ret to Holy on my Pally (though I don't have a clue as to what to do with it now, after the patch).

Healing is just plain fun. And it gives a sense of accomplishment. DPSing is just a competition of which I quickly grow tired.

Perfectly summed up, DPS is just a competition which depends on gear but healing is watching yourself, the group and keep the tank up with emergency CDs. Now we'll have to watch our mana/spells which should be fun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]