Anyone as excited as me about Rated BGs?

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Subject says it all.

I will be completely absorted by Rated BGs!

How about you guys?
80 Human Warrior
Not as much, since they revealed you had to queue as a full group instead of solo or w/ a couple of friends
80 Human Warrior
Still gonna try it, just gotta find a new server with good Alliance pop. on it
100 Undead Warlock
I am hoping that blizz is able to work it after learning what they did from arenas

85 Draenei Shaman
I'm looking forward to it. Might be able to get folks that normally wouldn't do them to go.
85 Goblin Death Knight
Not as much, since they revealed you had to queue as a full group instead of solo or w/ a couple of friends

You mean you would really try to earn rating with 8 pugs in your group? That would be like queueing solo for 3's or 5's.
85 Draenei Shaman

This has been known for months, although they did a poor job of getting much info about rated BGs out there.

I'm crazy excited about rated BGs.
85 Blood Elf Paladin

You mean you would really try to earn rating with 8 pugs in your group? That would be like queueing solo for 3's or 5's.

It would be cool if you could just queue and get with people with your same rating. Though having good rating doesn't mean good player all the time. And getting people on vent is quite more effective.

Single queueing has its risks.

Make your own premade? I've been forming up premades on weekends for months now just so I know who both wants to do rated BGs and who is good at it. Just start inviting the people you know who like to pvp, then have them invite the people THEY know to pvp. Eventually you will have a long list of people with whom you can do rated BGs with.

It's not that hard.
85 Tauren Druid
I don't quite understand the nuance of how the rating will work.

Will it just take the average of the ratings of the people in the group? Will it be based on the highest rated member of the group?
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/27607280587/rated-battlegrounds-faq/

Answers some questions but not all.

Jynks I do know that there will be 2 ratings, much like arena. One will be an internal matchmaker rating which should be the one used to determine who we fight. I would guess that the system will use either the average or the median value of all the ratings on the team. Does anyone know what arena currently uses?
is there a way to form groups across your battle group, as my server is not ally friendly.
80 Blood Elf Paladin
I am, but I really hope it's casual friendly.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm personally let down by them for one reason, and one reason only... It's practically arena... BECAUSE, you have to be in a full 10 man group, and thats the stupidest thing EVER!
85 Orc Shaman
Requiring a group is a good thing, it makes more more serious matches. As for the topic I'm extremely excited.
85 Orc Shaman

Make your own premade? I've been forming up premades on weekends for months now just so I know who both wants to do rated BGs and who is good at it. Just start inviting the people you know who like to pvp, then have them invite the people THEY know to pvp. Eventually you will have a long list of people with whom you can do rated BGs with.

It's not that hard.

This guy is exactly right, eventually you will find a group you love to play with.
100 Undead Warlock
I am interested in seeing how they play out
85 Orc Death Knight
I just wish there was the ability to que with 5.

My server is awful... we bring people on our realm to pvp with us and i would have rather had that warlock in heirlooms come with from random queues.

Its going to force us into a server transfer eventually. I AM excited for rated BG's.

The gear is the same regardless rated or not, i just thought it would be a neat system to get ranked... if you want to PUG ranked... fine thats your risk of losing points with a bunch of randoms... but let us take that risk?

Anyways... i will love killing these 2k+ bg rated characters in my "welfare epic pvp set" their tears taste the best.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]