Anyone as excited as me about Rated BGs?

(Locked)

100 Undead Priest
TSP
Rated BG's are the best thing to happen to WoW PvP ever.

^^ This

I play a spec which is completely infeasible for Arena.

Although I am concerned about how I'll be able to do in a more competitive BG environment, I was able to be effective in BGs throughout WotLK (I have lost almost all the mechanics that made up the cornerstone of my survivability in BG's in 4.0.1**).

I at least have some optimism that I'll be able to participate to a greater degree in rated BGs than I am able to in Arena. So I'm looking forward to them.

------

** Mechanics or abilities that were essential to Holy priest survivability in 3.3 that have been diminished or lost in 4.0.1 (in approximate order of importance):

1. Surge of Light (eliminated)
2. Prayer of Mending (throughput reduced via longer cooldown)
3. Circle of Healing (throughput reduced via longer cooldown)
4. Blessed Resilience (sole mitigation talent no longer mitigates)
5. Unbreakable Will (eliminated)
6. Guardian Spirit (longer cooldown)

On the plus side we have Holy Word: Chastise which is helpful, but it cannot be used within a Chakra state in 4.0.1, making Chakra an unattractive ability for PvP. Flash Heal is more potent, but damage is higher and the number of anti-caster mechanics (which were greatly proliferated in WotLK) are expanded again in 4.0.1 making spells with cast times very, very risky to use.
85 Undead Mage
I'm hoping that guilds are formed around rated BGs.

It seems like it would be a good thing if we had more than two kinds of guilds (raid guild, casual/leveling guild). Plus, more PvP oriented guilds could help encourage more PvP in general (more arena, maybe even more of that "world PvP" stuff people used to do years ago).
90 Tauren Paladin
I am, but I really hope it's casual friendly.

This. I want to BG with my guild but I don't want it to turn into arenas, where comp/counter-comp rules the day and you feel like a fool for even queuing. I hope it's fun rather than frustrating.
90 Dwarf Priest
At the higher levels it will most likely be horribly cheesed and be frustrating. But, that is just the nature of competitive play.

But for the vast majority, it should be something fun to play with your guilds after raids. The thing is, if you equate "casual" to not very good, you'll be losing more against higher skilled people, and thus the system should be matching you against other people of similar rating.
85 Orc Shaman
Rated BG's are the best thing to happen to WoW PvP ever.

^^ This

I play a spec which is completely infeasible for Arena.

Although I am concerned about how I'll be able to do in a more competitive BG environment, I was able to be effective in BGs throughout WotLK (I have lost almost all the mechanics that made up the cornerstone of my survivability in BG's in 4.0.1**).

I at least have some optimism that I'll be able to participate to a greater degree in rated BGs than I am able to in Arena. So I'm looking forward to them.

------

** Mechanics or abilities that were essential to Holy priest survivability in 3.3 that have been diminished or lost in 4.0.1 (in approximate order of importance):

1. Surge of Light (eliminated)
2. Prayer of Mending (throughput reduced via longer cooldown)
3. Circle of Healing (throughput reduced via longer cooldown)
4. Blessed Resilience (sole mitigation talent no longer mitigates)
5. Unbreakable Will (eliminated)
6. Guardian Spirit (longer cooldown)

On the plus side we have Holy Word: Chastise which is helpful, but it cannot be used within a Chakra state in 4.0.1, making Chakra an unattractive ability for PvP. Flash Heal is more potent, but damage is higher and the number of anti-caster mechanics (which were greatly proliferated in WotLK) are expanded again in 4.0.1 making spells with cast times very, very risky to use.

Body and soul is amazing for flag running. <3 Holy priests
85 Blood Elf Mage
I for one look forward to people dying in half-global cooldowns.

When I BG with a smourne warrior in my guild we kill people while they're in the untrinketable animation of throwdown.

That's just two people. On the scale of a 10v10 match... yeah, burst will be utterly unstoppable.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]