"Fun" items from the Cataclysm Event

83 Blood Elf Warlock
I wasn't sure where to put this, so here it is at the quests board...

both times when a expansion launched, we had our chance to obtain a few cool "unique" items for our collection, like the Tabard of the Protector at the BC event and a lot of cool items from WotLK event, like the Arcanite Ripper, mini-bat pet, Haunted Memento, paladin-summoning trinket, etc

So far, at the Cataclysm event, we got nothing "unique" but the achievement, and from what's on the PTR, the next phases of the event are no different, even with some "new" bosses (leveled versions of those on some instances like BRD and maraudon), they still only drop 251 normal gear, not even having unique looks

I was wondering if there will be any sort of collectable from the event. tabards, mounts, pets, other "musical" weapons to match the Ripper, etc etc

personally I was hoping for the bosses to drop at least a mini-elemental of their element <3
Reply Quote
Well, there's still time before the shattering.

Even if there's nothing right now, it doesn't mean they have no plans to add something new. They could very well be adding things like elemental pets you suggested. :)

We won't know till we know! haha
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
If MMO Champion is to be believed, the neato-cool drops will start appearing in Phase 3 of the Cataclysm event, when the elementals begin invading the main cities. Right now, we're only in Phase 1.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Yep, phase 3 ladies and gents.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
We did get our little transformation trinkets and cloaks from the Gnomer/Isles events, if nothing else that makes it clear that Blizz do realize how much people like to collect these kinds of things. On top of that, Blizzard have already hinted, very strongly, that we are not seeing the whole event on the PTR. There are parts that they want us to be surprised by. So don't count related collectibles out just yet!

Reply Quote
bump for interest. from datamined items, seems like the bosses on phase 3 won't drop "fun" items, only 251 equipment
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I also heard rumor that some of these quests will only be accessible to level 75 and up. Makes sense to me. I have a 76 Horde hunter, but I'm wondering if I should start cranking on my 63 Alliance Priest, just so I can see both sides of the story...

Can anyone point to specific posts or articles that mention the level caps and if there are 2 high-level (75+) quests/events, one for Alliance, one for Horde? I recall reading something looooong ago, but haven't seen anything since. I started playing WoW after Wrath came out, so I'm not sure what to expect when it comes to these types of "bonuses".
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
bump for interest. from datamined items, seems like the bosses on phase 3 won't drop "fun" items, only 251 equipment

I consider that fun for my fresh 80 alts.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I also heard rumor that some of these quests will only be accessible to level 75 and up. Makes sense to me. I have a 76 Horde hunter, but I'm wondering if I should start cranking on my 63 Alliance Priest, just so I can see both sides of the story...

Can anyone point to specific posts or articles that mention the level caps and if there are 2 high-level (75+) quests/events, one for Alliance, one for Horde? I recall reading something looooong ago, but haven't seen anything since. I started playing WoW after Wrath came out, so I'm not sure what to expect when it comes to these types of "bonuses".

Repeating this because I'm wondering the same now. If there is a 75+ lvl requirement for those quests, i need to be going faster.

Well, okay. I'll probably make it by monday ^.^ But, still. i was planning on taking it easier since 10 lvls in a month is going to be easier than 70 lvls in 2 months. (and yes, I know these last ten lvls are much slower than, say, 60-70... but still. I can still crank out a lvl a day, if not two)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
FYI - From what I understand, the cap is 78 or higher to get into the post-invasion dungeons. If a 78 or 79 could confirm this, that'd be great!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]