(Locked)

100 Night Elf Druid
Bump for sticky.
86 Night Elf Druid
Bump for great justice!

Moo

PS ILY Yawning
85 Night Elf Druid

I have a question. I know without a doubt that I will never wait to Rip or Rake for TF to come off CD, Should I, However, hold onto TF to line it up with Rip? Unsure of whether not waiting to use TF for Rip would be a DPS increase or loss. Any verification or Theorycrafting on the matter?
75 Tauren Druid
http://azeroth.metblogs.com/files/2009/10/catdps.jpg

80 Tauren Druid
Bump for sticky!!

FAQ rocks...
85 Night Elf Druid
Bump - LF Answer to this question.

I have a question. I know without a doubt that I will never wait to Rip or Rake for TF to come off CD, Should I, However, hold onto TF to line it up with Rip? Unsure of whether not waiting to use TF for Rip would be a DPS increase or loss. Any verification or Theorycrafting on the matter?
100 Night Elf Druid
Sticky do. Nao.
85 Night Elf Druid
Bump - LF Answer to this question.

80 Tauren Druid
I'm doing 2k less dps after this last maintenance =(
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm doing 2k less dps after this last maintenance =(

I have noticed about the same, which is odd since the Patch actually buffed all our abilities.
80 Tauren Druid
No not the patch, but this last Tuesday. My other druid lost 2k dps. I haven't tested how much dps this druid lost :(
85 Night Elf Druid
Yes but the Patch, 4.0.3 gave most feral cat abilities buffs.
80 Tauren Druid

I was under the distinct impression that our abilities were hotfixed for some time now, and the "buffs" you speak of are merely updated tooltips that actually reflect what was done already.
80 Tauren Druid
I'd also like to note (seperate post to avoid quoted post confusion) that while Hit / Exp caps being inferior to agi by far is great and all, it honestly doesn't make for a very fun experience, having to make sure all your bleeds are Actually applied when you apply them, and same for your debuffing attacks. The math isn't wrong, agi will win every time, but I just wish there was a way to make hit / exp actually worth something for feral, but without negatively impacting our dps.

I like the feral play style for raid dps, but having to opt away from hit / exp to get optimal damage output is honestly a large thorn in the side for more difficult raid encounters, and I would even say bumps up the difficulty of the spec by a good notch; you have to divert a little more attention to your already "high maintenance" priority system.

The tiger's fury change (where its beneficial to apply bleeds during its duration) honestly didn't help out in the complexity department either. None of the problems of lacking hit or expertise bothered me much in WotLK (especially since at Top gear levels, you needed to invest in those caps), but the melee mechanics for the bosses in Cataclysm are annoying, at best; my rotation being slightly more difficult isn't a fun addition to that.

I hope I'm not derailing this thread any, as that's not my intention....just felt like the best thread to share this opinion on.
Edited by Zephn on 11/18/2010 10:35 PM PST
85 Tauren Druid
I am a little confused from a math perspective on the Glyph of Shred, Glyph of Tiger's Fury, and Rip mechanics.

Clipping dots in the past has always been bad practice, so wouldn't the same apply here? By not using those glyphs, your first Rip would last 16 secs, followed by a refresh at the 17 sec mark if you pool energy and combo points correctly instead of mashing buttons. Rip would then last 13 secs when TF became available again, and would fall off well within the TF buff range even if you used it as soon as it became available. With a little constraint, you would time it correctly.

This basically smooths out our priority because we know it would be a TF Rip, Reg Rip, TF Rip, Reg Rip.

On a standalone fight, this could ensure almost 100% uptime maximizing dps. Am I missing something here?

85 Night Elf Druid

I was under the distinct impression that our abilities were hotfixed for some time now, and the "buffs" you speak of are merely updated tooltips that actually reflect what was done already.

I am talking about this: http://www.wowhead.com/blog=173983

Again Bumping - LF Answer to this Question:

Plz quit ignoring it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]