Definitive Cat DPS FAQ (4.0.x)

(Locked)

85 Tauren Druid
I'd report this for a sticky, but that option's been removed....

And rating doesn't keep the post at the top.
80 Tauren Druid

Yes but the Patch, 4.0.3 gave most feral cat abilities buffs.

I was under the distinct impression that our abilities were hotfixed for some time now, and the "buffs" you speak of are merely updated tooltips that actually reflect what was done already.

I am talking about this: http://www.wowhead.com/blog=173983

Yeah, i went to that, and was amazed to find that everything was just an update of what already changed, just not reflected on the live server tooltips. Btw, quoted straight from your link, right under the *highlights* section was this:

"Some of these changes were actually pushed live in a previous patch, but now all tooltips have been updated appropriately."

The feral druid changes fall under this category.
85 Night Elf Druid
Again Bumping - LF Answer to this Question:

I have a question. I know without a doubt that I will never wait to Rip or Rake for TF to come off CD, Should I, However, hold onto TF to line it up with Rip? Unsure of whether not waiting to use TF for Rip would be a DPS increase or loss. Any verification or Theorycrafting on the matter?
85 Tauren Druid

I have a question. I know without a doubt that I will never wait to Rip or Rake for TF to come off CD, Should I, However, hold onto TF to line it up with Rip? Unsure of whether not waiting to use TF for Rip would be a DPS increase or loss. Any verification or Theorycrafting on the matter?

If you read through the posts on the front page, he says to TRY and use TF for your bleeds, but only if you'd not lose too much bleed time from it. He's not ignoring it so much as trying to get you to find the answer to your question on the front page.
Bumping for most helpful cat thread. :)

Please sticky this!
85 Night Elf Druid

If you read through the posts on the front page, he says to TRY and use TF for your bleeds, but only if you'd not lose too much bleed time from it. He's not ignoring it so much as trying to get you to find the answer to your question on the front page.

Yawning says not to delay Bleeds to match TF, not whether the other way around, delaying TF instead of using on CD, would beneficial. Therefore my question is still valid as it encompasses a completely different situation. If you read the first line of my question it states my knowledge of the stupidity of postponing and losing Bleed uptime for TF's buff, which completely makes your reply pointless. It's like talking to someone who tells you condoms are only 99% effective and you turning around and replying with "If you would look at the box again it tells you condoms are only 99% effective". If you are going to try to answer my question, please understand my question first.

So again, delaying Rake and Rip to line with TF is undoubtedly retarded, but is postponing activating TF (i.e. Not using it as it comes off cooldown, but waiting until you can use it for Rip/Rake) to line up with bleeds beneficial. I can't seem to get a nail down on whether or not it would be a dps buff or loss.

Edit: Grammar check
Edited by Konungr on 11/21/2010 5:24 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
Someone mentioned that both the meta gems we could possibly use for dpsing both require more blue gems than red. This means that blacksmithing doesn't really give you 80 agility because one of the gems will have to be green.
85 Night Elf Druid
Someone mentioned that both the meta gems we could possibly use for dpsing both require more blue gems than red. This means that blacksmithing doesn't really give you 80 agility because one of the gems will have to be green.

You never put a blue gem that is needed for Meta into a prismatic socket, you use that blue gem to fulfill a socket bonus that needs a blue, so yes, Blacksmithing gives +80 Agi.
90 Tauren Druid
Bump! I wish they'd sticky this already.
85 Tauren Druid

You never put a blue gem that is needed for Meta into a prismatic socket, you use that blue gem to fulfill a socket bonus that needs a blue, so yes, Blacksmithing gives +80 Agi.

The problem is that adding a red gem via a BS socket means you have to add a green gem to maintain the ratio of blue = red +1.

At best, the socket bonus you were happily ignoring in favour of a red gem makes up a percentage of the agility lost.
85 Night Elf Druid

80 Tauren Druid
Will they make this a sticky already?
85 Night Elf Druid

- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
/bump because it fell off the front page, and got drowned in a sea of QQ bear threads.
85 Worgen Druid
Still have 2.2X crit modifier as well (tested on a lvl 60 dummy with mangle, about 4500 non-crit rake tick, 9800ish crit)

And I'm very glad they're reverting the meta, it kind of screwed over certain professions (Jewelcrafting for example) that when you used a red JC gem, you had to use a green gem to counteract it.
Edited by Slott on 11/24/2010 10:13 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]