Definitive Cat DPS FAQ (4.0.x)

(Locked)

89 Night Elf Druid
Any idea on what meta gem to use now? I'm not about to switch all of my gems out at this point in time. They did say they will revert the change but they don't know when. Or perhaps not worry about it since we'll all be leveling in less than 2 weeks anyway.
85 Night Elf Druid
Any idea on what meta gem to use now? I'm not about to switch all of my gems out at this point in time. They did say they will revert the change but they don't know when. Or perhaps not worry about it since we'll all be leveling in less than 2 weeks anyway.
One of the crit ones, I'm guessing. Since they're all such a marginal DPS gain, I'm just holding out until they fix the RED.
Since hit and expertise are not important to cap, how much of each do you think I need to still do good DPS but not fail hitting the boss totally. (Like, check out my gear and tell me how much hit do you think I need to sustain good DPS. Thanks.)
85 Worgen Druid
Bumping to keep it afloat in a sea of QQ threads.
90 Night Elf Druid
Je ding
85 Night Elf Druid
Good to know, thanks. And yeah, it's silly that this is getting floated off the front page by threads with titles like, "omg ur maekin a troll ur noob tauren number one real durid".

Especially when we all know that Night Elves are the first Druids.

Oh and bump for awesome thread.
100 Tauren Druid
Bumping to keep high. Needs a sticky already.
85 Tauren Druid
Haste/6 seconds (thundering) is @#!*, along with any druid who uses it. Get a 25 crit meta, and stop being bad at your class.
85 Tauren Druid
You also didn't list it in the post, but it is ALWAYS a significant dps gain to dash out and feral charge back in every 30 seconds to get a free ravage at the expense of 2 or 3 white hits. (And 2 free combo points, especially after a FB energy dump)

Also, I didn't see it listed anywhere, but you can clip a rake or a rip within 3 seconds and you will still get the ticks that are remaining on your new rake/rip. They don't go away, but they do get overwritten with the new damage modifier, whatever it may be. This is useful to make a non-TF take get clipped, and add that tick to a TF'd rake for a dps increase.

It is ALSO a dps increase to only ever rip inside of tiger's fury. I know, you're thinking, no Ovenmitt, you're wrong. Well, ACTUALLY.... (this is assuming you're glyphed for tiger's fury, as you should be. if you aren't, you're doing it wrong)

The very first rip should be cast on the last second of tiger's fury. That rip will run out the second after tiger's fury is back up again. Tiger's fury, rip.

You'll lose 1-2 ticks of rip every SECOND tiger's fury, and save yourself silly combo pts to ferocious bite with, all the while you're getting superior dpe from the rips you're applying. Large net gain (4-6%)

This also assumes you aren't !#@!ing terrible at feral rotations, and that you have commensurate gear to go with not being terrible. It will not work at under 70% static crit, you wont have the combo points. It will not work if you have down syndrome. It will not work if you use badkitty FBN or other addons for #%**ty players. If you can play properly, your dps will increase.

Ovenmitt

Edited by Ovenmitt on 11/27/2010 9:00 AM PST
85 Tauren Druid
Also something I want to add. Using MEW dropping 4pc t10 and equipping 2 more 277 offset pieces is a net dps loss overall by about 30 dps for me. However, in game I have tested it the best I could in ICC with same exact makeup with 4pc, and without. 1 week with, 1 without.

Dropping the 4pc resulted in a dps gain on all fights, and more overall dmg. I understand RnG could be a factor, but I do know that the raid makeup is the same because our raid leader is VERY conscientious about it and ensures we have everything needed.

4pc w/ original meta:
H25 Marrowgar - 14.7k
H25 Deathwhisper - 15.6k (myself, mut rogue, enhance shammy stayed on boss entire fight)
H25 Saurfang: 17.1k
H25 Festergut: 17.3k
H25 Rotface: 16.8k (got lucky, never got infected)
H25 Queen: 17.5k (bit at 7% health left)

2pc w 277 offsets and wacked meta:
H25 Marrowgar - 15.3k
H25 Deathwhisper - 16.2k (same group on boss)
H25 Saurfang - 18.4k (this is the surprising one. Huge dps increase)
H25 Festergut - 17.8k (and got 1 shot of malleable goo, leader missed the move call)
H25 Rotface - 17.1k (1 infected)
H25 Queen - 28k (bit 2nd so not a good indicator)

These were just my results, and like I said RNG could be a factor, but I doubt it that much considering it was an increase pretty much straight across the board.
100 Human Paladin
bumping back to the front page - it's good stuff and people like me need help speccing their Druids.
85 Tauren Druid
How does one report for sticky?
85 Tauren Druid
Bump for the lady lumps.
86 Tauren Druid
Awesome post, i have no confusion about my class going into cata now :)
80 Tauren Druid
Awesome post, i have no confusion about my class going into cata now :)

Zomg, you exist!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]