Flag Carriers in Cata

85 Human Priest
I am going to make this a simple post and just put a few questions.

-What classes/specs will be the best for FCing in Rated BG's?

-What servers will be best for having a successful BG guild?

-Also, any general input about FCing in cata is welcome.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd say most plate do the job correctly. Holy paladins have protector of the inocent so their good for FCing and FC assist too.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Same as now, any skilled player with healer and CC support will suffice.
Reply Quote

Pretty much this.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd say most plate do the job correctly. Holy paladins have protector of the inocent so their good for FCing and FC assist too.

Not if those nerfs on beta get carried over...

Yeah, still it's quite powerfull... Not OP tho
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest

Saying that all it takes is a skilled player is really like not replying. I mean if player A with Class A is equally as good as player B with class B then it come down to which class is better...and with WoWs uber low skill cap and massive class imbalances it comes down to which class is better. With that being said I repurpose my initial questions.
Reply Quote
I do well as a prot warrior FC. I've played other classes/specs and many are capable of carrying a flag.

Some classes are better at actually running across the field and getting out of snares (e.g., druids), while other classes are great at survivability once you do bring it back to your base.

C
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I like that you bring up the fact that it might actually be wise to have two FC's one for bringing the flag across the feild and one for holding while defending.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Prot paladins would likely make good candidates, plenty of support spells to help their healers and dps (those silences are a *%#!*) with some self healing (word of glory). Plus the obvious tank status to increase overall survivability.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
It will depend on the team. Some teams prefer and work better with more speedy flag carriers, like druids, shamans, and rogues. Others like someone who can take a lot of damage like prot specs. And as others say one for carrying and one for holding can be a very good idea.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
We are going with a holy pally FC if druid shapeshifting doesn't break roots/snares in cata. i'll personally be attending to protection of the fc with crip and blind and ect.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Resto shaman for getting the flag across the field. Any tank for holding it, although I might give feral druids an edge since they have kitty damage as well as bear defenses.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I'm going to say a plate class with a healer, or if u don't have a the option with the healer in the plate class and its a split sec decision (need a fast run) a resto druid or any druid, a shammy or a rogue. Me being a Resto druid, i would say me =D
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
You're going to want some type of tank class holding the flag imo. Don't know exactly how rated bg's will work, but any class that isn't designed to take a lot of damage wont fair too well, especially against coordinated players.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I'm waiting for a rated WSG team of one prot warrior and 9 holy pallies.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock

I wanted to make a pvp video for the longest time of absurd set ups in wsg like 10 rogues..or 10 resto druids. 10 mages would be a nightmare as well >.<
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

I wanted to make a pvp video for the longest time of absurd set ups in wsg like 10 rogues..or 10 resto druids. 10 mages would be a nightmare as well >.<

I was an AB with 14 locks and 1 rogue, completely random, no premakes.

The other team just folded up at the stab and then refused to come out and play.

And seeing one warrior with 9 agonies on him instantly is pretty interesting.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin

I don't have a video but I did play against a WSG premade of 10 resto druids back in the day. I was ret back then. I don't want to talk about it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]