Welcome to Warcraft - Frequent Questions

(Sticky)

100 Draenei Mage
Thank you !!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
In Dalaran we have the JC dailies.. and i se there are now cooking and fishing dailies in SW. Will there be a new place for JC dailies or will they still be in Dalaran?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
Oh and will the License to fly cost 5000. gold as well ?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/04/2010 8:05 PMPosted by Zamis
Will there be a new place for JC dailies or will they still be in Dalaran?
Oh and will the License to fly cost 5000. gold as well ?

As far as I know there won't be any JC dailies in Cata. But if there are some added after the expansion launches, they'd be in Stormwind or Orgrimmar. All of the dailies in Dalaran are outdated and not really worth doing anymore unless you really want the old recipes or need to level cooking/JC through that skill set.

The Azeroth Flying will cost 250g. This was announced months ago.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Hunter
Bump for Wednesday.
Reply Quote
20 Dwarf Hunter
how do u get in a private server?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/24/2010 1:56 PMPosted by Southparkman
how do u get in a private server?

You have to be incredibly stupid. Private servers are illegal.
Reply Quote
32 Human Warlock
I just leveled to 20 and NOW I find out I can't get a mount until 40. What gives? I was looking forward to that.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/29/2010 5:02 PMPosted by Ophelah
I just leveled to 20 and NOW I find out I can't get a mount until 40. What gives? I was looking forward to that.

You get a normal mount at level 20, and a faster, epic mount at level 40. Head to the riding trainer in Stormwind, or (since you're a warlock) to your class trainer to learn how to summon your felsteed.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
100 Blood Elf Hunter
01/01/2011 10:35 PMPosted by Andy
Where in the Interface menu can I find it so I can preview my talent points before i use them. I remember using it before but I don't see it now

You preview your talent points by default now; there is no option to set it back to the old way of using your talents without previewing them.

You can preview them to your heart's content without using them. You have to hit the Learn button to make them permanent.
Reply Quote
34 Night Elf Druid
I am sorry if this is the wrong place for this. I have just spent ten minutes listening (reading) a group of people talking about how to buy gold for this game. It seems to be a part of the game to buy five or ten thousand gold from an outside web site. Yes I think this is unfair. The cost of items at the AH is going up everyday. The price of almost everything from spells to armor is going up. So' how does on e affoud it? You buy the gold from an outside source. I like the game if one stays away from the groups it is nice waste of time. The sex diatribe and the threats and the cussing needs to be reigned in but I know asking for the developers of this game to clean it up is beyond their duties. You have a good time folks.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Read section b in the first post of this sticky, under "Rules of the Game," again. Buying gold is against the rules. If caught, those players WILL be punished. You should report anyone who says they have bought gold, or mentions they plan to buy gold.

It's against the rules for the very reasons you mention. It's not fair, it exploits the economy in-game, and it's cheating. Cheaters deserve punishment, but they're not always easy to catch. Report them, and you'll be helping to clean up the game. If we don't do anything to help stop these cheaters, then they'll only be encouraged to continue buying gold and getting an unfair advantage, as well as feeding those scummy gold sellers that steal accounts and credit cards from players, spam with gold ads and fake emails, and promote the breaking of in-game rules.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics/antigold.html

How to buy those expensive things off the auction house? It's easier to get gold in this game than ever before. Like anything in this game, though, you have to work for it--legitimately. It's possible without resorting to cheating. I promise. :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
1. How do I empty my cache? What happens if I don't empty it?

2. Will I get better connection if I play on a server that's more so in the local area than one a few thousand miles away (I'm Pacific, server I'm in is Central US)?

3. Starting a guild may seem easy, but involves the signing of several players. Since the entire majority are already locked into a guild (minus 1-10 level players), what exactly goes on here?

4. Can I do nothing to resolve the Time Warner/NVIDIA driver card issue? I'm on a regular Macbook with a NVIDIA driver in it. Blizzard says that Macbooks are currently having trouble playing WoW with the NVIDIA driver. It has been a problem since patch 4.0.

5. How do some players manage to circle around you and still hit every time? This is especially for those pesky Rogues and Druids I keep finding in PvP.

6. Do I need to move into the suburbs/city to increase bandwidth?

7. Why is 'Worgen' the cool thing now?

8. Similar to #4, how do I prevent DCing?

9. I don't play the economy, but some players manage to do good as merchants and excel in bidding and selling at the AH. I am poor for my level, is there a way for me to obtain 1000G or more?

10. As the first character I own to ever hit level 65, should I just stick with Mining/Herbalism for now? Should I keep these professions until level 85? Afterwards should I rid one of the gathering professions to a crafting profession? If I max out the skill should I transfer some of the items I make to other characters through the inbox?

11. What exactly do you need to do to get heirlooms? What is the minimum level required to get them? Would transferring heirlooms to lower level characters through inbox be good?

12. What's the point in playing if you already own several level 85 characters?

13. What do Retribution Paladins REALLY excel at?

14. Was it the right choice for me to play WoW over Runescape?

15. Why do I find sore losers in almost every BG?

16. In the BC Dungeons there is no map. Why is this?

17. My fps goes downhill in the capital cities of Stormwind and Orgimmar. I know that setting lower video options helps, but is this natural when both cities are filled with players?

18. Why is the endgame so important? What makes maxed levels to keep playing, despite not being able to get more levels or talents?

19. How come I mainly see 85s posting on the forums?

20. What did Blizzard do to Cataclysm that has made all these players complain about technical issues? They all claim the game ran better when we only had WOTLK.

21. Where can I get that awesome motorcycle mount?
Edited by Heartthrob on 1/4/2011 1:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
find a folder called WTF and delete it. If you are having problems this is the cache i only do this if i am having issues with logging in.

2. Will I get better connection if I play on a server that's more so in the local area than one a few thousand miles away (I'm Pacific, server I'm in is Central US)?
Sorry i play on a west coast one cause they are on the same time zone as me so i dont know.

3. Starting a guild may seem easy, but involves the signing of several players. Since the entire majority are already locked into a guild (minus 1-10 level players), what exactly goes on here?I started mine by paying people 5g to sign the charter but you have to be a hard core recruiter to keep it going

4. Can I do nothing to resolve the Time Warner/NVIDIA driver card issue? I'm on a regular Macbook with a NVIDIA driver in it. Blizzard says that Macbooks are currently having trouble playing WoW with the NVIDIA driver. It has been a problem since patch 4.0.
No clu

5. How do some players manage to circle around you and still hit every time? This is especially for those pesky Rogues and Druids I keep finding in PvP.
strife left or strife right your target is always in front of you

6. Do I need to move into the suburbs/city to increase bandwidth?
depends on your internet provider

7. Why is 'Worgen' the cool thing now?
they are new.

8. Similar to #4, how do I prevent DCing?
you dont.

9. I don't play the economy, but some players manage to do good as merchants and excel in bidding and selling at the AH. I am poor for my level, is there a way for me to obtain 1000G or more?
watch the AH sometimes you get lucky i just picked up a 20 stack of flasks that sell for 190G each for only 20G for the stack i bought them and resold them and made 3000G in about 20 mins

10. As the first character I own to ever hit level 65, should I just stick with Mining/Herbalism for now? Should I keep these professions until level 85? Afterwards should I rid one of the gathering professions to a crafting profession? If I max out the skill should I transfer some of the items I make to other characters through the inbox?
miing and herbing are very profitable just stick with it and sell them on the AH and youll make gold easy

11. What exactly do you need to do to get heirlooms? What is the minimum level required to get them? Would transferring heirlooms to lower level characters through inbox be good?
you must have 1 toon at least 80 and you buy them with justice points in dalaren and mail them to your low toons to level with

12. What's the point in playing if you already own several level 85 characters?
After you hit 85 there are many new challenges such as the raids and teh heroic dungeons that can keep you interested. Also i find it fun to go back to old areas and do quests that i did not do the first time. Also go back and kill those elites that pawned me :)

13. What do Retribution Paladins REALLY excel at?
annoying me or PVP i guess they just got nerfed so im not sure

14. Was it the right choice for me to play WoW over Runescape?
I think wow is better but I love this game :)

15. Why do I find sore losers in almost every BG?
Just as in RL people hate to lose and due to them having no real personal contact they tend to be jerks.

16. In the BC Dungeons there is no map. Why is this?
BC was not included in the remake and before cata no dungeons had maps unless you used an add on

17. My fps goes downhill in the capital cities of Stormwind and Orgimmar. I know that setting lower video options helps, but is this natural when both cities are filled with players?
more people in a city is = to more people on a server so many connections will case lag

18. Why is the endgame so important? What makes maxed levels to keep playing, despite not being able to get more levels or talents?
The best part of WOW is that people can find their own reason to love the game. I love levling toons up and raiding with my freinds while my wife enjoys playing the AH and making gold so it can be interesting for all.

19. How come I mainly see 85s posting on the forums?
I know that i post on my 85s because im to lazy to change toons just to post :P

20. What did Blizzard do to Cataclysm that has made all these players complain about technical issues? They all claim the game ran better when we only had WOTLK.
With cata they upped the specs causing people to complain becasue people hate change

21. Where can I get that awesome motorcycle mount?
Engineers make them and the mats for it cost about 15K
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
01/04/2011 1:53 AMPosted by Telake
find a folder called WTF and delete it. If you are having problems this is the cache i only do this if i am having issues with logging in.

That's not your cache. In the Warcraft folder there is a Cache folder that stores data for items, spells, and mobs you encounter in the game. It's generally a good idea to purge it after a major patch, so you don't have old data conflicting with new data. Sometimes it can cause game glitches and tooltip errors if you don't purge it for several patches. That's rare though.

The WTF folder stores your interface settings. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Cache.

Also a bump to get this stickied.
Reply Quote
62 Gnome Warlock
This newbie also wanted to thank Frejya for this. Very helpful!
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Hunter
01/07/2011 2:17 PMPosted by Blathery
This newbie also wanted to thank Frejya for this. Very helpful!

No problem :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This totally needs to be stickied (I voted). I didn't find it and started creating one of my own. But yours is way cooler!

You might want to consider talking about what the difference between a tank, healer and DPS are (and melee vs ranged DPS);
Also, there's the inevitable "Where do I go now" questions, which we all answer with the hero's call board.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]