Welcome to Warcraft - Frequent Questions

(Sticky)

85 Undead Mage
oh, but thanks anyway
Reply Quote
62 Blood Elf Mage
hey :)

I've bought my mount and trained to fly the mount, but it wont let me mount it..
i need so much help lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
hey :)

I've bought my mount and trained to fly the mount, but it wont let me mount it..
i need so much help lol

The stickied threads are more for general info about the forum rather than answering actual live questions. You'll get your answers much quicker if you make a new thread with your own question, or (seeing as almost any question has likely been answered several times before for other people) you can type the subject of your question into the website's search box and it will give you a list of places pertaining to that topic and potentially your answer.

Now, all that said, the reason why you can buy a flying mount and train flying but not actually get on the mount is because of one of 2 factors:

Either you are trying to mount up inside a building, where no mounts of any kind will work.

OR (more likely) you have not upgraded your account all the way to the cataclysm expansion.

I see you are a blood elf, which means you at least have Burning Crusade. The training you purchased enables flying in the Burning Crusade expansion of Outlands, which is for level 60-70 players so you should really be leveling there anyway. In order to fly in Kalimdor/ Eastern Kingdoms you need to upgrade your account all the way to the current expansion of Cataclysm, as that is a brand new feature that was added when that expansion came out. It was mainly put into the game so that level 80's returning from Northrend could fly in the new level 80-85 Cataclysm added zones that now exist in Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms. Blizzard however instead of only allowing level 80-85's access to that flying training (called "Flight Master's License") they decided to be nice and allow anyone with Cataclysm to get it once they hit 60, since that was the minimum level set for flying as a whole back in the burning crusade expansion.

Reply Quote
7 Draenei Hunter
What a guide, Thanks for all the hard work putting it together!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I have a question regarding the transferring of characters. My brother is leaving the game and
wants to transfer his main character to me. THis is not a random website this is someone that I know (brother) and that I have played with for the last 5 yrs. We have worked out toons together. Can he transfer one of his characters to me and if so how?
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I have a question regarding the transferring of characters. My brother is leaving the game and
wants to transfer his main character to me. THis is not a random website this is someone that I know (brother) and that I have played with for the last 5 yrs. We have worked out toons together. Can he transfer one of his characters to me and if so how?

No. You may not trade, sell, or gift characters to anyone. Transfers only work if the accounts are in the same name, meaning your brother may only transfer a character to an account that is in his name.

This also means you will never be able to play that character because you are never allowed to access an account that is not in your name.

The ONLY exception to this rule is between an adult guardian and one minor child. The child may access the adult's account to play. The adult may also transfer characters to their own account for the child to play with. (So, the adult has two accounts in his name; one for himself, the other for his child to play on.) When the child becomes an adult, the account may be put into the child's name for him to keep; however, this means that the child can no longer access the adult's account, and no transfers between accounts can occur anymore.

In short--unless you are a minor and your brother is your legal guardian, your brother may not give you any characters, and you may not play his old account when he leaves.

In the future, create your own thread instead of posting in a largely-unrelated sticky; it's not very often people check the stickies. You'll get faster responses if you make your own thread with your own question. :)
Reply Quote
63 Dwarf Paladin
g. Mounts

You will have the opportunity to purchase and ride a variety of mounts. You can first ride a land mount at level 20, then you will be able to ride an epic land mount at 40. Once you hit 60 you have the option of purchasing your first flying mount! (Paladins/Warlocks have exceptions with the Ground mounts, Druids have exceptions with the Flying mounts)

Ground Mounts:

Apprentice Riding @ level 20: 4G training/1G mount
Journeyman Riding @ level 40: 50G training/10G mount

Flying Mounts:

Expert Riding @ level 60: 250G training/50G mount
Artisan Riding @ level 70: 5000G training/100G mount
Cold Weather Flying @ 68 (to use in Northrend): 500G - can be used with either "expert" or "artisan" level mounts; trained in Borean Tundra (Valiance Keep - Alliance, Warsong Hold - Horde)

Note: You have to purchase all Riding Training before proceeding to the next tier! Cold Weather Flying is not considered a 'tier', so you can go directly from Expert Riding to Cold Weather Flying.

I have two questions about mounts that I am not clear on. I am a Paladin and get the spells for the Warhorse (20) and Charger (40), but after I trained Journeyman it appeared that my Warhorse was riding faster (possibly 100% now?). Then I trained the Charger spell and it didn't seem any different speed-wise (from the Warhorse). My Gray Ram seemed that way too, after training it was faster.

So my questions are:
1) If my speed seems to have increased, do I still need to buy a swift ram to get to 100% speed?
2) Did I waste gold buying the Charger spell since the Warhorse might be traveling at 100%?
In short, is journeyman riding all you need to get to 100%, or is it mount dependent? (okay, that's really 3 questions , but what can I do?)

I'm just a bit confused on this. I'm back to the game after a long layoff, I played Horde on vanilla WoW and just a tad of the BC content. Now I am REALLY enjoying being back in game. Thanks in advance for any responses!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
1) If my speed seems to have increased, do I still need to buy a swift ram to get to 100% speed?
2) Did I waste gold buying the Charger spell since the Warhorse might be traveling at 100%?
In short, is journeyman riding all you need to get to 100%, or is it mount dependent? (okay, that's really 3 questions , but what can I do?)

1) No.
2) Yes.
3) Mounts scale with your riding skill, though there are some you can only purchase/use if you have its matching riding skill (like epic flyers and epic ground mounts).
Reply Quote
2 Undead Priest
Have any instant lvl 85 server?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
06/19/2011 05:08 PMPosted by Pingz
Have any instant lvl 85 server?

No. Private servers and the like are illegal.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Mage
g. Mounts

c. Canceling Auctions

You can cancel any auction you place on the Auction House. Your money will appear in your mailbox immediately. You cannot, however, cancel any purchases or bids you have already made!

This is not actually correct. If you cancel an auction, you lose your deposit.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
TYVM this helped me out a ton when i started out the game
Reply Quote
56 Night Elf Hunter
I have a quick question. I chose a profession that i did not want. How do i go about unlearning it now? I f you please let me know it would be very helpful. Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Shaureiteria: Spell window -> profession tab on bottom -> hit the red circle next to the profession you wish to unlearn.

If you are talking about one of the secondary professions: fishing, cooking, first aid, archaeology. You can't unlearn those because they have their own specific slot and don't count towards your 2 profession limit.
Reply Quote
70 Human Priest
Helpful, but it needs to be updated as BC is now included in the basic WoW package.
Reply Quote
13 Worgen Hunter
I have a question about a quest but can't get an answer. Who do I contact with my question?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
08/11/2011 12:10 PMPosted by Lourmon
I have a question about a quest but can't get an answer. Who do I contact with my question?

make a new thread on this forum with your question, the regulars who answer these questions check the forum quite frequently

However, the sticky threads at the top of the forum (like this one) are not really paid any attention by the regulars. Which is the reason why this question has gone 6 hours without being answered but people who made new threads in that time frame have had their question answered many times over.
Reply Quote
71 Gnome Mage
I have a dual-spec Mage, Arcane and Fire. I've been playing the Arcane spec almost exclusively. But today, I encountered mobs that are immune to Arcane spells. So, I activated my primary spec, Fire, and realized I'd not inscribed any glyphs for him. (I have 6 glyphs inscribed for my Arcane mage, which is also my secondary spec).
Although the glyphs I've learned are shown as available, when I tried to inscribe them on my Fire mage, nothing happened. I can highlight the glyph in the column showing them, but when I move the cursor to the glyph page it doesn't change, and clicking on a glyph circle does nothing.
Do I have to erase all the glyphs from my Arcane mage in order to inscribe them on my Fire mage, and do this every time I change specs?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Tommetune, make your own thread. No one answers questions in the stickies if you read Avanna's post.

08/11/2011 06:56 PMPosted by Avanna
However, the sticky threads at the top of the forum (like this one) are not really paid any attention by the regulars. Which is the reason why this question has gone 6 hours without being answered but people who made new threads in that time frame have had their question answered many times over.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]