Welcome to Warcraft - Frequent Questions

(Sticky)

90 Night Elf Rogue
He did Ice, right after he posted his question here. It's been answered and it rolled off of the front page I believe.

I'm guessing he didn't go to the last page before he posted his question in this thread, then when it posted he saw my response to Lourmon that you quoted, and took the advice.
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Hunter
hello, i am new here. I was just wondering, does it normally take over 3 or more hours for the WoW launcher to go from setup to playable?
I know they are down from 3am-2pm (my time) but i was able to play last night before it got to the "playable" step. but now i cant click it... its 4:30pm now so i would think maintenance is over by now... is it because i did not wait last night?

can anyone help me?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
make a new thread on this forum with your question, the regulars who answer these questions check the forum quite frequently

However, the sticky threads at the top of the forum (like this one) are not really paid any attention by the regulars. Which is the reason why this question has gone 18 hours without being answered but people who made new threads in that time frame have had their question answered many times over.
Reply Quote
2 Human Hunter
guys i am wondering if someone has an old wow account they dont use idc if it doesnt have any expantions on it or not or if it has any guys or anything i just an account i would take great care of it i promise
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
08/24/2011 10:50 PMPosted by Hurleyy
guys i am wondering if someone has an old wow account they dont use idc if it doesnt have any expantions on it or not or if it has any guys or anything i just an account i would take great care of it i promise

Sharing accounts, purchasing accounts, or transferring ownership of an account is against the ToU agreement and WILL result in an account ban. If you want a full account you'll have to buy the game and pay the monthly subscription yourself.
Reply Quote
20 Blood Elf Hunter
Hy,

I have to leave my input password automatically?

In my quest log and quest's were yellow, green why now?

Where is the button to add the addon that is in the wow directory?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/25/2011 09:18 PMPosted by Dhaphyni
I have to leave my input password automatically?

English. Use it properly. If you're asking whether or not it the game will remember your password, the answer is no. You will always have to input your password to access the game.

In my quest log and quest's were yellow, green why now?

Green quests are easier to do than yellow quests, which are easier than orange quests. As your level goes up, quests in your log go from orange to yellow to green. Once they hit gray they'll barely give you any experience so you need to find a new area to quest and drop the gray quests.

Where is the button to add the addon that is in the wow directory?

Again, use English properly and write coherent sentences so we can understand you. When you log into the game and go to the Character Selection screen, a red "AddOn" button will be in the lower left corner if you have any AddOns installed. That will bring up a window to let you turn various AddOns on and off. You don't install them from there.
Reply Quote
5 Gnome Warlock
What mount is a 2 seater flying mount and where can you get them? Besides the touring mount. and what is the price?
Edited by Awesomemidgt on 8/31/2011 4:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/31/2011 04:43 PMPosted by Awesomemidgt
What mount is a 2 seater flying mount and where can you get them? Besides the touring mount. and what is the price?

There's only one other and it'll run you around 40k:
http://www.wowpedia.org/Vial_of_the_Sands
Reply Quote
11 Night Elf Druid
I'm fairly new to WoW (about two weeks playing) and I felt fairly confident about trying to customize a few things. Well, when I decided to try and make my chat window small, instead I made it BIGGER! Now I can't figure out how to reset it back to default, or to make it smaller. Can anyone please help me? I would appreciate any assistance. Thank you.
Reply Quote
11 Night Elf Druid
Okay, I feel really really stupid. I figured it out. Thanks anyway.
Reply Quote
14 Worgen Mage
If an account is shared by 2 people and 1 person quits wow, can the other keep the account? I know some people where thats the case. They need paladin help because the quitters main is a lvl 80 pally and the one that still plays wants to learn how to play it
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/06/2011 05:04 PMPosted by Allianceslay
If an account is shared by 2 people and 1 person quits wow, can the other keep the account?

You can't share accounts in the first place, to do so is against the ToU agreement. The ONLY time account sharing is allowed is between ONE parent and ONE minor child.

The person who still wishes to play WoW needs to make their own account and buy the game for themselves if they aren't the one who's name is attached to the account.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
In the wait for an AV battleground I got a prompt saying "____ reported you afk, please type /afk to (whatever the prompt said)"

Is that even a real thing?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
Then, when I type that, I just get kicked.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
In the wait for an AV battleground I got a prompt saying "____ reported you afk, please type /afk to (whatever the prompt said)"

Is that even a real thing?

09/12/2011 03:07 AMPosted by Jeffawesome
Then, when I type that, I just get kicked

You got trolled in the BG by another player. The message you got saying to type /afk was another player talking to you, not the game.

What happens when you type /afk is your character is marked as AFK (away from keyboard) by the system. While handy when hanging out in the city (it tells people who may try to talk to you that you are away from your computer), when in a battleground setting your character's status as that will automatically kick you out.

The system does this because after a significant amount of time of inactivity you'd also be automatically marked as AFK or "away", this feature prevents people from zoning into the BG and just wandering away. See you get honor points no matter what you do (though a much smaller amount if you just sit there). The system makes no distinction between someone who accidentally typed /afk only a mere second ago and someone who's been inactive in the battleground for 15 minutes.

For the record don't believe the trolls who say /camp will start a campfire (it will automatically exit the game) as will altF4 (another popular trolling line). Oh and don't answer the modified "pete and repeat walked into a store" joke that stars /gjoin and /gquit, because if you answer with /gquit you'll automatically quit your guild.
Edited by Avanna on 9/12/2011 4:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
For the record don't believe the trolls who say /camp will start a campfire (it will automatically exit the game) as will altF4 (another popular trolling line). Oh and don't answer the modified "pete and repeat walked into a store" joke that stars /gjoin and /gquit, because if you answer with /gquit you'll automatically quit your guild.

Good advice. Specifically:

/camp = log out, which is instant in a city where you'd be baited to do it in Trade
/gquit = leave guild, for which there's no confirmation box people like to tease about
Alt-F4 = Windows command to close the window of the current program, which will close WoW as well

The jokes about it in Trade are stupid and you're better off leaving the channel entirely unless you're actively looking to buy or sell something.
Reply Quote
12 Night Elf Hunter
So if i'm that minor child, I have to get a new account, even when my parent shared it with me? Going off what you said about sharing an account.
Edited by Hunterwarrio on 9/22/2011 5:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/22/2011 05:56 PMPosted by Hunterwarrio
So if i'm that minor child, I have to get a new account, even when my parent shared it with me? Going off what you said about sharing an account.

Your parent can talk to blizzard and have that account transferred over to your name once you reach 18. One parent/guardian is allowed to share an account with ONE child. That is the only exception to the "no sharing accounts" rule, and it's there solely so that the parent can set up parental controls, pay for the account, and be able to legally agree to the terms in the ToU and such (since minors can't agree to a legally binding contract).
Reply Quote
12 Night Elf Hunter
So if I'm that child, can i play my parents's character? And if I can, what would be the best way to get help on playing the character?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]