BloodSim status - Adding healing

85 Orc Death Knight
HELLO THERE FELLOWS.
I've begun the bound-to-be-lengthy process of including healing simulation in BloodSim, as Death Strike has the unique quality among Tank masteries of causing overheal and we don't have a whole lot of data on that. The first thing I want to say is that healers have way too many damn things that happen that I am going to have to program. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. Healers, you're on notice.

In any case, I'm starting this thread to get input from people on this subject. The following are what I have planned so far for these features:
-Class specific
-Mastery included
-Heal amounts will be based on spell power input and known coefficients/bonuses
-Stacking healing bonuses (such as Grace) will be assumed to be at full stack at all times for simplicity
-As great a diversity and customizability in spells that are cast as possible without driving me insane
-Support for up to 3 separate healers
-Overhealing data/analysis for each healer and the tank himself
Edited by Lichloathe on 11/5/2010 2:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I do not envy you...i do look forward to this update though
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Yeah you shouldn't. Just looking at what I have to deal with for Disc Priests alone makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
BloodSim is only for Death Knights, yes.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Lichloathe, as always such work is greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Who is going to take up support for the sim after this task drives you insane?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'm really not sure that you should figure in Disc priest shields and such.

It's pretty clearly a bug that those prevent proper DS gain. It can't be intended that two/four healers are just marked: not for DKs.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
It's pretty clearly a bug that those prevent proper DS gain. It can't be intended that two/four healers are just marked: not for DKs.

It's certainly not desirable functionality. However, it's been a known issue for a while. It's very possible that it will continue to be an issue until at least 4.1 at this point, so it's valuable to have access to those numbers. It's also probably an easy thing to fix in the sim if they end up changing the functionality.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
It can't be intended that two/four healers are just marked: not for DKs.
I agree, but I write BloodSim based on current mechanics, not what I hope will happen. At most I sometimes include options to see what things would be like if a change were to be made, but they are not the default and are not an assumption.

Maybe if I get this done quickly enough, we can use it to demonstrate how dumb it is for outside absorbs to affect our DS healing!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I agree, but I write BloodSim based on current mechanics, not what I hope will happen. At most I sometimes include options to see what things would be like if a change were to be made, but they are not the default and are not an assumption.

Maybe if I get this done quickly enough, we can use it to demonstrate how dumb it is for outside absorbs to affect our DS healing!

I mean, I dunno how much work I'd want to do on modeling the current DK. It's pretty clear to me that there will be changes made that will fairly drastically affect the state of the DK.

It's a fair to moderate bet that there will be a lot to redo within the next week or two.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
You'd think that, but every problem that exists with DKs has gone for about 2 months already without an answer. They're not going to do any significant revamps on our mechanics in the near future. The most I'm honestly expecting is something like a DS healing or Mastery scaling nerf. Hell, even the stamina buff they did recently apparently puts us in the 10% minimum heal more often than ever before, which is an indirect nerf.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]