Forum Amnesty?

1 Night Elf Druid
I know that I will probably regret asking it, but here it goes.

On the old forums I had my third strike and permanent ban received back in 2007. I haven't been able to post on the forums ever since, however with the launch of this new board, I can post here. So my question is this, will I be able to continue to participate in discussion once again or is it just and oversight?

I'd be really grateful if I was allowed to continue posting, lots of things changed in those 3 years. Thank you.
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid
Yes. New site, new forums, 2nd chance.

YmM1N2E3OTFhODQ4YTI0ZjkxMGVmY2ZjM2VmNjVkYWZiY2ZjMmM0Ng==
Edited by Thunderwulf on 11/22/2014 7:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
My brother is thrilled. Talking back to a dev about mage changes was a bad idea on his part. 3 years later and he will be able to post again.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Keep in mind everyone, this forum is still in the preview stage, which means features may or may not be working as intended.

If players who were banned from the current forums being able to post in the new forums is intended, we hope they will now post constructively and not perform the same actions that got them banned to begin with.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Keep in mind everyone, this forum is still in the preview stage, which means features may or may not be working as intended.

If players who were banned from the current forums being able to post in the new forums is intended, we hope they will now post constructively and not perform the same actions that got them banned to begin with.

You have my promise, will not let you down.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I got banned for making a thread saying I didn't like the Arthas' death cinematic :(
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior

I very much hope that you will give us all a second chance and I assure you that it will not be wasted :)
Reply Quote
75 Dwarf Hunter
Guys, I wouldn't get too excited. Harlsoco as I read it didn't expressly say that bans won't be carried over - he said at this time this forum isn't complete and if the bans aren't in fact brought over that he hopes people work to keep themselves unbanned. I could be misreading but as I said, if you read exactly what he says he doesn't confirm or deny if this is intended.

Reply Quote
The way I read it, Harlsoco has no idea whether it was intended or not, but that he's warning those of us that WERE banned to not be stupid.

I'm not getting my hopes up based on this one post, but it would be pretty cool of them to give second chances. As the OP said, a lot can change with a person over time.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Mage
I have 2 strikes on my real character, are all strikes being reset or are they carrying over?
Reply Quote
75 Dwarf Hunter
Groovy, now all the trolls will be coming back.

Perhaps, but people got banned for all kinds of reasons. Some of which the punishment didn't fit the crime. Even year long bans would be more balanced when you consider that some people have been banned up to five years.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Shaman
I have to say, I'm very torn on this situation. On one hand you have the people who get banned over...silly things, it's happened before, and it happens through any game like this, especially with such a large player base!

Then on the other hand you have people have gotten and -deserve- to have gotten their accounts banned from the forum.

However one thing I've noticed is that it's ten times easier to get banned on the forums than it is the game...I wish this could be applied in-game as well. Oh well! Wishful thinking.

I'm curious to see what Blizzard will decide to do in the end. Yay for not really contributing much to the conversation!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]