Druid leveling guide for MOP

(Sticky)

85 Tauren Druid
Few people choose to level as resto.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
01/17/2011 7:07 AMPosted by Brockk
How come there's not as much information on Resto as there is on the rest?

because right now, it sucks. :)
Reply Quote
19 Worgen Druid
About the rotation for Feral level 10 players like me, I think you can shorten it a bit. I usually just hit Mangle, Rake, Ferocious Bite, auto-attack once or twice, and the fight's over. The extra 3 mangles aren't often worth it to me.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
This thread helped me level from 10-81 so far and will continue to each level. Thank you very much for making my druid experience wonderful, thanks to you at level 81 I can solo four level 80 elite each with roughly 100k health. Sorry for boasting, this is my main character and up until I hit level 60 ish I really wanted to stop being a druid, but after that level I have loved my druid more and more. Thanks again!
Reply Quote
51 Night Elf Druid
Just a minor correction, Dual talent is now level 30 for 10g. Otherwise looks good.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
"“Rotation 30-45: Remains the same as 20-30. You get Pounce, but it isn't really any good unless combined with Shred and Brutal Impact.
Rotation 46-53: Pounce->Mangle->TF->Shred until they wake up. Then depending on the situation either FB for the kill or Mangle for more CP then FB.
Rotation 54+: Remains the same as 46-53 with one exception. If you are fighting a stunnable elite mob (typically for a quest) open with: Pounce -> Mangle -> TF -> Shred/Mangle to 5cp -> Rip -> Bear."

Two question

1) Why is ravage abandoned after pounce?

2) In the 54+ rotation, why rip after you have 5 cp instead of FB? (i understand you need rip in the rotation, but why not before?) Is there a skill/talent/glyph that gives Rip use of the cp?

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm not quite sure I agree with you on the mana use. I have found that if you time your Innervate right and supplement your self-heals with bandages, you only have to drink once in a blue moon. Another trick is to switch to Kitty form; by the time you bring Boonie back into the fray you're mana-rich! Oh, here's another suggestion; if you spend your talent points with an eye towards your Moonfire and cast your spells accordingly you will be suprised at your mana mojo!

P.S. Stack that Moonfire when you're beatin' on BillyBoy!!! It works wicked 8D
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
P.S.S. I can take on 3 or 4 beasts at my level without really breaking a sweat. Nope. Not bragging, just pointing out the facts lol. I'm no pro either; This is my very first toon on any MMORPG. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
01/23/2011 2:05 PMPosted by Dezarestar
Two question

1) Why is ravage abandoned after pounce?

2) In the 54+ rotation, why rip after you have 5 cp instead of FB? (i understand you need rip in the rotation, but why not before?) Is there a skill/talent/glyph that gives Rip use of the cp?

I believe I answered this in another thread.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Does wearing Resto Gear as Balance work the same way but with hit? I'm contemplating whether to level the last 3 levels as Boomkin in Resto Gear but I already have all 3 clothies at 70+... which is more effective?
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
01/26/2011 9:11 AMPosted by Worship
Does wearing Resto Gear as Balance work the same way but with hit? I'm contemplating whether to level the last 3 levels as Boomkin in Resto Gear but I already have all 3 clothies at 70+... which is more effective?

After you pick up the Balance of Power talent in the balance tree, all your spirit on gear becomes hit rating for your moonkin spec. When you spec back to resto, that becomes yummy mana regen.

So, for the purposes of leveling from 80 to 85, I basically just used the same set of gear the whole way through. I still share a lot of pieces between my moonkin & resto set, even at level 85.
Reply Quote
27 Night Elf Druid
thank you ,im sure all this useful info will come in handy leveling my first druid tank,thanks
Reply Quote
42 Night Elf Druid
Just wondering what a good weapon would be for feral PVE druid?
Reply Quote
42 Night Elf Druid
Ok is this ok for 4.06? Just curious as it came out today.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
The leveling stuff hasn't really changed in 4.0.6. I'll do minor edits soon, but everything should be "close enough" for now.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
useful. cheers!
Reply Quote
This has helped me level my druid. Its nice and wonderful. Thx for making this. It has helped alot.
Reply Quote
Anything that has high Damage on the dmg range. Like for example: a 40-200 is btr than 100-150 because the 200 can hit higher. Must have lots of Agility and Crit. They are your friends. Especially if you talnt right you can be immortal practically. (Ive seen kiity tank a 85 heroic Stonecore cause of his rediculous crit+Leader of the Pack self heal)
Reply Quote
68 Worgen Druid
Awesome guide just have 1 question, for feral is Attack Power good? I have a choice for a necklace with 14 agility and 15 Strength, or An enchanted one with 15 critical strike rating and 28 attack power.
Edited by Halcyonightz on 3/7/2011 5:03 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]