Druid leveling guide (updated for 6.0)

(Sticky)

85 Orc Death Knight
I finally got my druid to 80 and I started leveling in Hyjal and after doing a few quests I can say that mobs hit really hard. Is this normal?
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid

I finally got my druid to 80 and I started leveling in Hyjal and after doing a few quests I can say that mobs hit really hard. Is this normal?

Yeah, you will either need to root them away from you so that you get hit less, or you will need to stop and heal yourself more.
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Death Knight
Wow.....AMAZING this helped me master being a duid i now have a lvl 85 druid for each spec because of you Lis. Thank you so much. :D
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I'm now leveling an iron-man druid (no talents, no gear better than white).

At level 20, for a tougher 1v1 fight I'm thinking the "proper" rotation is

SF/MF/IS/Rj/Rake/Claw/Claw/FB

If the fight is longer than that you'd pop out to refresh MF/IS/Rj, and then go back to kitty.

For a multi-target fight, keep one melee rooted away from you, keep Rj up, and just use Swipe. Go ahead and Demo Roar/Maul if you have more rage than you can spend on Swipe.

For more routine fights decide on Casting vs. Cat based on positioning. If you want to stand far away use SF/MF/IS/SF... . If you want to be where the mob is, use prowl/rake/claw/.../FB.

Anything I'm missing here?
Reply Quote
14 Troll Druid
Thanks a lot this has helped me out so much!
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
I'm now leveling an iron-man druid (no talents, no gear better than white).

At level 20, for a tougher 1v1 fight I'm thinking the "proper" rotation is

SF/MF/IS/Rj/Rake/Claw/Claw/FB

If the fight is longer than that you'd pop out to refresh MF/IS/Rj, and then go back to kitty.

For a multi-target fight, keep one melee rooted away from you, keep Rj up, and just use Swipe. Go ahead and Demo Roar/Maul if you have more rage than you can spend on Swipe.

For more routine fights decide on Casting vs. Cat based on positioning. If you want to stand far away use SF/MF/IS/SF... . If you want to be where the mob is, use prowl/rake/claw/.../FB.

Anything I'm missing here?

Iron man druids have to be a lot more creative than other druids, since the mangle-spam rotation really only works when you are decked out in heirlooms. I've honestly never tried the ironman challenge, but you could ask on the forum where all the ironman threads are:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/4505490/
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

Yeah, you will either need to root them away from you so that you get hit less, or you will need to stop and heal yourself more.

I think you dismiss Bear questing too lightly. I tried questing as a Cat in Northrend and found it very tedious. I went Bear during a hard fight to prevent myself from dying and found that I could kill the mobs just as fast and I basically "stopped" taking damage from non-elite mobs.

I respecced to full Bear and tore it up. While questing in Vashj'ir I can swim around and pull 5 mobs and hack 'em all down quick and still almost never have to stop and heal. I think it's Vengeance that's making me kick butt so hard.

Add to that the LFD insta-queues and the levels are going fast.
Reply Quote
71 Blood Elf Priest
I have an 85 druid as of now that's boomkin. I played alot during vanillia and then during bc, but left at wotlk, and now cata is near an end, and so much has changed. I remember cat form being level 20. I would love to be a versitile feral, I've never tanked before and I don't have the confidence for it. I healed 2 HOT's when I had an off resto spec with awful gear and we did fine, but I'm not into pve, I love pvp and I would love to be able to destroy. How can I get comfortable fighting in bear and cat form and what do I need to do in terms of gear stats enchants gems and all that?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Wow that helped a lot with what talents and glyphs I should choose as a balance druid.:)
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
What's a proper rotation for bear around 39? What I do right now...

AoE
Bear Form
Pop Enrage
Charge
Swipe
Demoralizing Roar
Maul
Then the priority of Demoralizing Roar -> Swipe -> Maul -> Mangle

Single Target
Bear Form
Pop Enrage
Charge
Swipe
Faerie Fire
Demoralizing Roar
Then priority of Mange (Bleed Up) -> Demoralizing Roar -> Maul -> Swipe

Is this a good idea to be using that much Maul, especially in AoE? I guess as long as you have DPS how know how to wait for a second before they DPS, it shouldn't be an issue and you'll be able to keep rage up. I know a lot of times I'll swipe two or three times before I Maul in order to get a good pool of rage up.
Edited by Adorneo on 6/6/2012 7:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
Adorneo, that seems fine for lower level stuff so long as you hold threat. ;)

For AOE, you probably don't need to use much maul once you have swipe. At that level, just swipe all the things. ;)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Lissanana, first of all i'd like to say I admire your job with druids for a long time. That said, I'd like to know how druids are doing nowadays on PvP because im planning on create one because of the versatility. What do you think?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
Lissanana, first of all i'd like to say I admire your job with druids for a long time. That said, I'd like to know how druids are doing nowadays on PvP because im planning on create one because of the versatility. What do you think?

Thanks!

Well, we're a couple months away from a new expansion, so it depends on how fast you plan on leveling (we still don't know what MOP class balance is going to look like). If you are mostly doing like battlegrounds or leveling through PvP, any class is fine.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
But do you have any clue about the Druids on the MoP? I level pretty fast... I was planning to get ready for the expansion with the druid. Btw, how are they doing tanking?
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
06/29/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Sazzi
But do you have any clue about the Druids on the MoP? I level pretty fast... I was planning to get ready for the expansion with the druid. Btw, how are they doing tanking?

You should really start a new thread to get opinions on things like that. I tend to not want to commit to saying how any class will be at some point in the future because class balance changes so dramatically from month to month.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
(level boosted from 23 to 80, so bear [lulz] with me)

For the purposes of leveling, am I just stacking to five combo points and then hitting Ferocious Bite or Rip (depending on how close the target is to dying)?

When do I use things like Faerie Fire (Feral) or Tiger's Fury or Savage Roar?

When you hit level 85.

Especially when you are soloing, you don't get much out of stacking your raid buffs/debuffs.
Edited by Lissanna on 7/25/2012 5:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
I'll be updating this when I get home from work today. Until then, the full guide is on my blog:
http://www.restokin.com/druid-leveling-guide/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
For cat druids, what's the best heirloom weapon? Should we be using the staff now that it's out?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]