Druid leveling guide (updated for 6.0)

(Sticky)

MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
yeah, the burnished warden staff is probably what you'd want. Burnished Warden Staff
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
09/12/2012 12:10 AMPosted by Kiaden
As resto, since 100% of our intellect turns into agility in cat form, is it viable to just stay resto specc'd and quest in kitty form when MoP comes out?

I think there are some people doing that for the 85 to 90 chunk. However, with dual-specs, you get a better spell diversity with having 1 resto spec and 1 spec of something else. In cat form, you only have 3 or 4 buttons, so you really do get stuck having to spam mangle. :)
Edited by Lissanna on 9/12/2012 4:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid

Ha ha yeah I suppose that would be pretty boring.

If you mostly heal in instances and only spend part of the time doing quests you need to unlock things, then DPS in cat form wouldn't be so bad for those chunks of time.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Quick question, I just changed my 64 Druid from Guardian to Balance just to test a few things out. With a few agility pieces left I was one shotting mobs that were of same level or a level higher. Has Blizzard up our damage at that level, is this a scaling issue, or have they actually done something to help Boomkins survive until Cata?

Going to test dungeons at some point tonight I hope.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
I actually haven't checked out leveling scaling in Mists yet. If things are dieing, I guess that's what you want. Long-term, it's going to be better to get the right set of gear. ;)
Edited by Lissanna on 9/25/2012 7:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
09/25/2012 07:24 PMPosted by Lissanna
I actually haven't checked out leveling scaling in Mists yet. If things are dieing, I guess that's what you want. Long-term, it's going to be better to get the right set of gear. ;)

I agree on the gear ;). Just made the change over the weekend. Since MoP hit I'll have time as I'm working on getting this guy to 90 where the real fun begins :)
Reply Quote

Q: Who is ALAMO and how do I learn 2 play Durids?
A: Alamo’s page on wowpedia http://www.wowpedia.org/Alamo

This guy is the sheet.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
lol
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Death Knight
Hi...guys, Im a 82 druid. FERAL....but my health seems awfully low for a 82...any thoughts on that?
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
11/06/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Kalizza
Hi...guys, Im a 82 druid. FERAL....but my health seems awfully low for a 82...any thoughts on that?

Well, since you didn't post on your druid, I can't look at your gear! Note that they split up the old Cata feral into two specs: Guardian (bear tank) and feral (cat DPS). So, kitties lost some of the tanking defensive abilities and passive bonuses.

If your health seems low, it is likely that you simply need more gear that is appropriate for your level.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I love the guide, but I'm wondering, would it be faster to level questing as feral/balance, or chain dungeon running as guardian?
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
11/07/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Streetsmart
I love the guide, but I'm wondering, would it be faster to level questing as feral/balance, or chain dungeon running as guardian?

I'd recommend picking up Feral and Guardian dual-specs, and then quest some of the time and tank dungeons some of the time.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I wish I had found this before, my biggest complaint was finding basic no assumption writing that I could just read and apply.
Thank you for this Liss.
My wife and children have started playing recently and I will be forwarding this to them along with some other stuff of yours I have read.
Thanks for improving the quality of my experience!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Sorry Liss I had Kyp Durron up on my previous post not my Druid.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
You are welcome. :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
• Displacer beast: Teleports you 20 yards away and shifts you into cat form. This talent isn't useful for anyone because it is too easy to break you out of stealth. Bad for all specs.

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY disagree, with regards to leveling as a Feral Druid. DB is the best for cats IMO. How can you NOT see the value of faster movement and more up time of stealth as a good thing for leveling?
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
Because the other two options on that tier are better for movement speed, and it doesn't actually help you with stealth if everything can see through it to break your stealth. Unless they've changed displacer beast's stealth mechanic at some point, level 2 animals could still break my level 85+ characters out of displacer beast's stealth. It didn't take you out of combat with the NPCs you were fighting.
Edited by Lissanna on 12/3/2012 4:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Druid
If I wish to solo quest and take part in a few instances, what spec do you suggest?

I have no real intention of getting into raiding and hardcore BG's etc. with this character.

The reason I chose Druid is due to the versatility and I'm wondering what spec would incorporate the effective use of DPS, healing and tanking?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]