Druid leveling guide (updated for 6.0)

(Sticky)

80 Draenei Death Knight
Thanks for the guide i plan to remake and play a kitty druid in cataclysm after being off playing druids for years so this will be a huge help.
Reply Quote
73 Tauren Druid
It's a nice guide, but I didn't like having to skip around trying to find just the Balance info.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
It's a nice guide, but I didn't like having to skip around trying to find just the Balance info.

The blog version has better page linking that you can more easily click through.
http://www.restokin.com/druid-leveling-guide/

The limit of forum guides is that I would have to make a completely separate guide for each spec if I was going to be able to keep all the info from one spec in the same place (or end up with a guide that was double the number of posts that would be pretty much impossible to follow at all). A 5,000 character limit per post makes guide writing on these forums pretty hard.

The formatting bugs with these forums also makes things harder because I don't have the right formatting on the posts. Once they fix some of their really bad format bugs, I can go back and edit posts easier.
Edited by Lissanna on 11/6/2010 9:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Hey Lissanna, I'm in your beta guild /wave.

Love the guide :)
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Death Knight
I'd always wanted a Druid as my main. But before this patch I couldn't be disciplined enough to wait for my oomkin. Thanks for the guide! You've recruited another drood to the ranks.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Great guide, Liss! Top quality from a quality Druid!
Reply Quote
21 Night Elf Druid
Thanks for much for the guide. I was going to wait until the expansion to roll a Druid, but after looking this over. Well I couldnt help but make my Druid!
Reply Quote
82 Troll Death Knight
With that new talent in the Restoration tree that makes Wrath free, is levelling as Resto viable?

What about levelling as Resto while also levelling via PvP?

EDIT - Also, many thanks for the guide!
Edited by Axelhander on 11/7/2010 8:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
For resto leveling, you would want to pick up dual-specs and get a balance spec for solo questing. A lot of people seem to level through PvP battlegrounds okay.
Reply Quote
82 Troll Death Knight
For resto leveling, you would want to pick up dual-specs and get a balance spec for solo questing. A lot of people seem to level through PvP battlegrounds okay.

Deeelightful. Much thanks!
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Druid
Sorry for noob question but Ive been looking around and cant find a solid answer.

Is Glyph of Ferocious Bite good or bad for leveling? I think I read its not very good for raiding and stuff, but I wasnt sure about leveling.

Ty in advance for any help. :)
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
Sorry for noob question but Ive been looking around and cant find a solid answer.
Is Glyph of Ferocious Bite good or bad for leveling? I think I read its not very good for raiding and stuff, but I wasnt sure about leveling.

Well, it could be depending on how you are playing. At lower levels, feral charge and rake are probably going to do more for you, but using the ferocious bite glyph may reduce down-time waiting for energy gains as you are leveling, so it could be useful.

Glyphs are one of the pieces of this guide that I haven't had time to map out completely (because glyphs changed so much right before the patch went live). I should have time over Thanksgiving break to get a more complete version of this guide finished.
Edited by Lissanna on 11/8/2010 1:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Druid

Well, it could be depending on how you are playing. At lower levels, feral charge and rake are probably going to do more for you, but using the ferocious bite glyph may reduce down-time waiting for energy gains as you are leveling, so it could be useful.

Glyphs are one of the pieces of this guide that I haven't had time to map out completely (because glyphs changed so much right before the patch went live). I should have time over Thanksgiving break to get a more complete version of this guide finished.

Thanks for the advice!

And awesome job on the guide, its been very helpful. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT

I wouldn't consider it as good as Maul or Rake for levelling. It's not "bad" per se, but there are more useful ones when you are levelling.

I'd probably consider taking Roots before FB, especially useful for multi-melee mob pulls.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
I'll be working more on this guide over my Fall break starting a little over a week from now. There are a couple places where I really need to give attention (such as what to do about glyphs). I plan to have a lot of updates before December, but I have to get through a pretty crazy part of my semester first!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
were do u go to level if your a turean
if u know
Edited by Chopswar on 11/11/2010 12:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
70 Troll Druid
Thanks. This helps.
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Druid
Thank you so very much for all the hard work Lis. I just started playing a druid yesterday, and these two guides have been a huge boon.

I'm leveling as a resto druid, primarily in dungeons and BG's, with questing in between.

On the subject of gear, is it wise to aim for Int, or go for items that split Int and Spirit? For example, I got a belt that has +8 int and +8 stam versus +5 int, +5 spirit and +3 stam. I was thinking I would need spirit for the mana gen, to keep instance runs as quick as possible.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
In general, you want to get higher level gear as you level up, so long as it has Int on it. if you have mana problems, go with more spirit, but in general, there should be a ton of spirit & int on all your gear.
Reply Quote
83 Goblin Death Knight
Man... I started a Druid last Sunday and casually played all week... I am 39 leveling as Feral and have no problems with anything 46 and lower... it is insane how fast it goes right now. Last night I got on and was level 33... went to bed at 39.5... it is just silly how fast you can kill and with no down time at all. The longest times between levels comes when you want to go train. I understand this may slow down with Cataclysm, but for now it is just crazy fast.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]