Druid leveling guide for MOP

(Sticky)

90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
Man... I started a Druid last Sunday and casually played all week... I am 39 leveling as Feral and have no problems with anything 46 and lower... it is insane how fast it goes right now. Last night I got on and was level 33... went to bed at 39.5... it is just silly how fast you can kill and with no down time at all. The longest times between levels comes when you want to go train. I understand this may slow down with Cataclysm, but for now it is just crazy fast.

Gets faster with LotP. Can't remember what level you can get it at though.
Reply Quote
83 Goblin Death Knight
Man... I started a Druid last Sunday and casually played all week... I am 39 leveling as Feral and have no problems with anything 46 and lower... it is insane how fast it goes right now. Last night I got on and was level 33... went to bed at 39.5... it is just silly how fast you can kill and with no down time at all. The longest times between levels comes when you want to go train. I understand this may slow down with Cataclysm, but for now it is just crazy fast.

Gets faster with LotP. Can't remember what level you can get it at though.

You get it at 39... was crazy... never even had to pop out to heal after I got it. Cant wait to use it when I get home tonight. :P
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm waiting for Cataclysm to come out so I can play with the new quest stuff for leveling my next druid. I want a Worgen one. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
I'm waiting for Cataclysm to come out so I can play with the new quest stuff for leveling my next druid. I want a Worgen one. :)

You and me both. You do Balance I'll do Feral. Deal?

:)
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid

I'm actually much more likely to spend most of my time leveling as feral, because I will end up having two druids on the same server, so my worgen will be primarily cat/bear (if she makes it to 85), and my main Night Elf is going to be moonkin/resto.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
I'm actually much more likely to spend most of my time leveling as feral, because I will end up having two druids on the same server, so my worgen will be primarily cat/bear (if she makes it to 85), and my main Night Elf is going to be moonkin/resto.

I'd level as moonkin, except I just don't like it that much. Dunno why. Maybe I'll give it another whirl.
Reply Quote
83 Goblin Death Knight

It is so fast... I dont see how you wouldnt make it to 85. Went from 43 to 49 yesterday while watching football.... my goal was 50 by the AV weekend... Now I am thinking 70 by Saturday. Crazy. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
It is so fast... I dont see how you wouldnt make it to 85. Went from 43 to 49 yesterday while watching football.... my goal was 50 by the AV weekend... Now I am thinking 70 by Saturday. Crazy. :)

I made it to like 46 on my Warlock without even trying that hard.

To be fair though all you really need to do is 1 -> 58. Everything after that hasn't changed.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Great guide as always.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid

I have time constraints on my playing that actually makes alt leveling really difficult to fit in my schedule. The secret about me is that I write leveling guides because I'm good at figuring out how the talents work, and not because I'm actually all that good at leveling. It's why I've almost always avoided talking about the spells & rotations at each level. ;)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I've found my optimal cat rotation for leveling differs somewhat from what you've said. I never use stealth/prowl. It's too slow and unnecessary given the amount of damage feral can do. I rotate each kill between using Tiger's Fury and Feral Charge. My rotations are something like:

Rake > mangle > mangle > ferocious bite > tiger's fury > mangle until dead (with TF earlier if you run out of focus)

Then, TF will be on cooldown, so I will use feral charge:

Feral charge > ravage (doesnt require stealth with appropriate talents I believe) > mangle > ferocious bite > mangle until dead

At this point, your cooldown for TF should be down and you just repeat this rotation. If it's not down, you're killing things fast enough that you don't need to worry about this!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
<3 Lissanna
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
I've found my optimal cat rotation for leveling differs somewhat from what you've said. I never use stealth/prowl. It's too slow and unnecessary given the amount of damage feral can do. I rotate each kill between using Tiger's Fury and Feral Charge. My rotations are something like:

Rake > mangle > mangle > ferocious bite > tiger's fury > mangle until dead (with TF earlier if you run out of focus)

Then, TF will be on cooldown, so I will use feral charge:

Feral charge > ravage (doesnt require stealth with appropriate talents I believe) > mangle > ferocious bite > mangle until dead

At this point, your cooldown for TF should be down and you just repeat this rotation. If it's not down, you're killing things fast enough that you don't need to worry about this!

Well, I only have some preliminary rotation things for like... level 10 thru 30 with cat, so if you are posting on a 62, you are about 30 levels higher than what I finished working on a spell rotation list for. So, thanks for your suggestion. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
Well, I only have some preliminary rotation things for like... level 10 thru 30 with cat, so if you are posting on a 62, you are about 30 levels higher than what I finished working on a spell rotation list for. So, thanks for your suggestion. ;)

Yeah it's pretty simple until you get to 32. Then you need to start making the choice between Ravage and Pounce depending on what your target is.

It's not until you get Shred (46) that Ravage becomes generally inferior to Pounce->Mangle->TF->Shred.

Still great for target switching though.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid

Yeah it's pretty simple until you get to 32. Then you need to start making the choice between Ravage and Pounce depending on what your target is.

It's not until you get Shred (46) that Ravage becomes generally inferior to Pounce->Mangle->TF->Shred.

Still great for target switching though.

Yeah, I'll talk about this more when I work on the later levels. In general, I hate giving rotation advice, because at lower levels, what people do varies so much by a lot of different factors.
Edited by Lissanna on 11/17/2010 5:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I'm the same Saelassa, I almost never bother with prowling while I'm levelling.. it feels very much as though the time wasted in walking slowly to my target in stealth is time that I could have already run up and mangled its face off (or even better, cast on them and let them come to me). It's not the "optimal rotation" for DPS per target, but I think it's better DPS across all targets because you're not wasting a few seconds per target to approach them and get ready to pounce.

Obviously if it's a single, tough target, you'd want the proper rotation with openers, to maximise your DPS.. but if I'm doing the "collect 100 troll ears" quests, I just race around smacking stuff. Prowling in those situations slows you down.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't really like to prowl, either, but I'd feel bad if I suggested never using that aspect of the class...
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Awesome post. I plan on using this guide once trolls can be druids. I just cant get into Tauren or Night Elves, but I digress... Seriously awesome guide! Thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I don't really like to prowl, either, but I'd feel bad if I suggested never using that aspect of the class...

As resto, I use prowl sometimes to get past mobs to what I really want to nuke / gather, whatever. But it's very situational
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I'm going to use this as a starter guide for my troll druid. Thank you!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]